GREAT THINGS IN VIDOR

Lucky

Yes, the most awesome thing happened in Vidor at last Fridays football game. We started the game with a PRAYER of thanks and Praise to GOD !  The Prayer, given by a Vidor student was received with a huge applause from the visiting Bears.

I tip my hat to Vidor high school and hope that others will soon follow.

The words of Abraham Lincoln:

"Our fathers established these great self-evident truths that...their posterity might look up again to the Declaration of Independence and take courage to renew the battle which their FATHERS began, so that truth...and Christian virtues might not be extinguished from the land...Now my countrymen, if you 'have been taught doctrines' conflicting with the great landmarks of the Declaration of Independence... let me entreat you to come back...come back to the truths that are in the Declaration of Independece."

Yes, the most awesome thing happened in Vidor at last Fridays football game. We started the game with a PRAYER of thanks and Praise to GOD !  The Prayer, given by a Vidor student was received with a huge applause from the visiting Bears.

I tip my hat to Vidor high school and hope that others will soon follow.

The words of Abraham Lincoln:

"Our fathers established these great self-evident truths that...their posterity might look up again to the Declaration of Independence and take courage to renew the battle which their FATHERS began, so that truth...and Christian virtues might not be extinguished from the land...Now my countrymen, if you 'have been taught doctrines' conflicting with the great landmarks of the Declaration of Independence... let me entreat you to come back...come back to the truths that are in the Declaration of Independece."

THAT'S GREAT!! I think the first time I saw this in some years was when we played Hj this year. It felt really good and every school should follow.

I have a friend from Vidor that told me, the first game after 9/11 the Vidor PA Annoucer said it was time for all Americans to take back their country and that the invocation started and continued from that game on. I applaud the Vidor Pirates for having the courage to defy laws that 99.99% of all Americans disagree with. It was a heart warming moment for all LC-M fans that are used to the customary moment of silence and yes the LC-M fans did give a standing ovation for the prayer. Maybe it's time for all schools in this area to show they have some gumption and defy this ridiculous court ruling. God Bless America and Southeast Texas.

This is true. We have had a prayer at every home game since 9/11. The prayers are always student led, so I don't know if there are laws being broken. (Not sure and don't really care). I am so use to the prayers at Vidor football games that whenever we play away, the moment of silence is weird. I am always waiting for the fans to do the Lord's Prayer or something. Maybe that is what should happen. If you can't get your school to agree to a student led prayer, then maybe the fans should lead the prayer during that stupid moment of silence.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine