Swept under the rug?

Guest deez

The district is in charge of making rules and tie breakers. They met and came to a decision. It seems some people are mad that the district even had the meeting to determine the playoff spots. That is the way things are always done in a tie breaker. I am sure that no matter which team lost, they would like the other tie breaker better.

In reality, other than some Dayton fans, what is there to talk about? The district met, the district made their decision. It followed past practices.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there had to be a meeting at some point to name the playoff representatives. If you didn't, you would have two schools claiming to be the Div II first place rep. You have to get together and say this is the tie breaker.

If Lumberton had just ended the game with Nederland and started making calls to arrange their Div II first place finish, would Dayton have had anything to say about it or would they want a meeting to find out who and why the places were given? No matter what happens in a tie breaker, there has to be some kind of meeting no matter who gets it.

From what I got out of the Baytown paper and the Liberty Radio Station, this is why the AD's met on Thursday.  From the reports the tie breaker system was put in place and then THERE WAS a meeting Friday.  I know this for a fact.  Nederland, PN-G, Dayton, and Lumberton did not vote since they were involved in the tiebreaker.

It just seems "fishy" that the Friday meeting happened.

dayton fans aren't the only ones wondering (whether or not they will admit it).  I don't think the rug is big enough to hide it, it will come out eventually.  These things always do.

Well truthfully I made that up trying to shut yal up. Actually I am considered a PEOPLE and I could CARE LESS if there was a meeting or NOT!! All I know for sure is Lumberton, PNG and Dayton are in the playoffs.

Heres another one for you:

I heard that if Dayton fans keep crying about this they are going to make yall stay home and let Nederland play instead!! (NOT REALLY BUT sheeesh LET IT GO!!)

Guest PurplePride

Raider88..........I will believe you if you just name the friend of yours that is a coach at Dayton that assured you this is just a rumor......if he is in the know and a coach, you and he will not mind if your name is announced if you have any authenticity to your post. If you don't, you will not reply.

Guest PurplePride

Crud Raider88, here I thought you were in the know and you made it up...too sad.........well, I thought this website was supposed to find out the truth for us? Reply? hello? SETXsports, was there a meeting with changed rules or not?

Guest maverick24

I think we are tired of the CRYING ( Courious) questions. Yall say U just want to know yet people from every school has  given you reasons why yall are the 2nd seed and you just cant accept it. It is like Purple has Blocked that whole Friday night out that Raidernation beat Dayton Probably because he picked Dayton by 30 and I told him it would be within 3 pts and he could not stand that I was right! You keep saying that Mav would cry YOU KNOW NOTHING. I dont cry, I tell it like it is. When png beat Raidernation I got on here and said straight up it was a great game and the better team won on that night. No excuses of the refs or so and so was hurt. I told it straight up like I always do! They beat us. Stop the crying and get ready to watch your team make a strong playoff run!!

You talk about this meeting and what happened but have never yet proven if there even was a meeting!!!

Just go play ball!!!!!

Guest PurplePride

Oh Lordy.....here is maverick,the wannabe football player on here talking about whining Broncos......dude...everyone can tell that your not a football player, they don't have time to sit on here and smack the talk like you do....I can honestly say that I am still within the program and have had two children under Coach Stewart come through college under honors due to him! It is VERY unfortunate that we are within the Golden Triangle, yall don't want us and we do not want you either. Yall always talk about the "Mid County".....crap, we are NOT mid county etc. We have all tried to fit in with you guys even though it was hard...we did, and we did good! We are on the OTHER SIDE OF THE TRINITY RIVER! Sorry to my buddies but your maverick has done me in........I am so out of here...I really thought this website would find out the truth and they didn't and didn't even try. Sorry Nedfan....I will miss you but I really want to be out of this district as it isn't fair and you know me.....I am a very fair person and call it like it is........we just DO NOT FIT IN THIS DISTRICT and we will PAY LIKE HELL til we are out of it.

Guest Kelly Football

All 3 teams just need to be happy their in the playoffs. There are kids and teams from 1A to 5A that would die and love to be playing in week 10 right now.

Guest maverick24

Do You read anything but the post you write?? I have said before MY SON plays on the Raider team, not me. I don't blame yall for wanting out of this District It is one of the toughest in the state. Heck you have to go through with 0 or 1 loss just to make the playoffs here. The reason yall (no some of yall) don't fit in is because you hate to hear the truth and if you dont get your way you try to call the other kids Cheaters. I lost any respect for you when you made up this story and then said that the season the Raidernation's kids had would be tarnished because of it. I have asked you over and over to show any proof you had about a secret meeting that you said took place and you keep asking for others to prove it for you. You made it up just to take away from the Raiders season  so you prove it, and when you can't you say you are done and off the site. Thats funny, I know you are not involved with the Dayton Team because I see no quit in any of them!!!!

Guest PurplePride

Geez...you people crack me up! BEST IN THE STATE??? Crap....I thought we were all Liberty, Jefferson, whatever county....funny that for some reason everyone from Dallas, FortWorth, Austin win state every year.......Nope, Mr. Dad......you didn't ask ME for proof, you asked others and I wasn't one of them......I was the one not talking the smack talk til you popped off to me......you said "do you read your own posts?", yep dad, I do. Too bad you pop off before you make sure who you are talking to.......too sad. Whatever is all I have to say........you know, I am a God believing person and whoever is wrong, the other will prevail.......I refuse to argue anymore and I honestly believe that the Lord has the honest teams backs..........if I am wrong, hey, the Lord will show the way and make me answer to it.......... ;) :-*

Ok, let's get our focus back on this Friday and winning. All of this arguing is doing nothing but making both teams fans look bad (not the players...the fans). Whether any of this took place or not, the players from all 3 team played hard to get where they are and deserve to be here. And whether it took place or not it has nothing to do with the players so lets remember that. They are innocent in all of this (whatever "this" is) and we need to focus on encouraging and rooting for them. Coop said it would be discussed Wed night so let's wait and see what is said instead of speculating. The adults can do whatever they want to each other but leave the players out of it. Neither teams players deserve to have it said that their accomplishments are tarnished because of something adults did or didn't do.

The question is not about being "crybabies'...

The question is...

If the rules for the tiebreaker seeding were agreed upon on Thursday in a meeting of the AD's, then why did the superintendants meet on Friday?

As previously stated....

The meeeting did not change who went into the playoffs (thank goodness).

Something just doesn't smell right on why the meeting was necessary at all...

And maverick.....

It is not just the Dayton people that won't to find this out!

Just read through the thread, there are people from all over that won't to know the TRUTH!

As the title of this thread states....

This district probably wants this matter "swept under the rug" because they know what they did wasn't right.

If nothing controversial happened, for sure we would have known more.

It did happen to Nederland about 6 years ago but Nederland was in Lumberton's shoes. Nederland went as the playoff representative and WO-S (I think) stayed home due to Nederland winning head-to-head. Had it been by points, Nederland would have stayed home.

One year we were behind in points, but the other year we actually were ahead. However, we were ahead due to a blowout of the third team in the tie (Central, I think), and the point cap (17?) put us back behind.

Hey Coop, There's another local message board that covers local HS football/sports.  It's participation has dropped off dramatically in the last year or so because, in my opinion, they allowed poeple to come on there and continue to bash other schools/players/coaches/fans and a lot of poeple got sick of it.  I see a lot of the posters who use to be regulars over there now on this board.  I'm not saying this thread is has degenerated to that level yet, but you can see it moving in that direction.  I hope we can continue to have a fun place to post.