Jacob Henry(Mark Henry son)

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

1989?

yes sir. I was a sophomore at the time. 

damn, my mind is picking on me.

Mark's older brother that played for the Aggies? a fella who was not lacking size himself. lol

he was always 2nd behind Lil brother at meets.

to see Mr/Mrs. Henry you would think there was no way they created two monsters like that.

45 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

yes sir. I was a sophomore at the time. 

damn, my mind is picking on me.

Mark's older brother that played for the Aggies? a fella who was not lacking size himself. lol

he was always 2nd behind Lil brother at meets.

to see Mr/Mrs. Henry you would think there was no way they created two monsters like that.

Patrick is his older brother. Started at nose guard for Texas A&M. He was '6"2 290. Held all the power lifting records at Silsbee until his "little" brother came along and smashed them.

18 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Patrick is his older brother. Started at nose guard for Texas A&M. He was '6"2 290. Held all the power lifting records at Silsbee until his "little" brother came along and smashed them.

I remember lining up against Patrick in high school. He was decent, but got better in college. Pretty strong kid. 

On 4/19/2022 at 3:58 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

he man handled that squat! 

i will never forget the Saturday at our power lifting meet in Jasper when Mark first squatted 800 lbs. the whole gym was silent in amazement watching. Then it EXPLODED after he made it look so easy.

And he did all that basically raw compared to what kids are using today with some of the bench shirts and squat suits. 

A little story about the brothers Pat and Mark.

One day in the weight room at the field house at Silsbee High School, Pat was about to attempt to break the school squat record. (don't remember what the weight was at the time). Several kids were getting all excited about it and gathered around to watch the attempt. Pat was successful and the kids erupted with joy. One of them ran outside and saw Mark walking by and told him his brother just set the new school squat record. Mark came in to join the celebration and saw the bar still set up with the record breaking weight. He walked up, got under the bar and squatted it twice. The coach saw this and asked if he would like to be on the power lifting team. The rest is history.

Pat was a senior and Mark was a freshman.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One day in the weight room at the field house at Silsbee High School, Pat was about to attempt to break the school squat record. (don't remember what the weight was at the time). Several kids were getting all excited about it and gathered around to watch the attempt. Pat was successful and the kids erupted with joy. One of them ran outside and saw Mark walking by and told him his brother just set the new school squat record. Mark came in to join the celebration and saw the bar still set up with the record breaking weight. He walked up, got under the bar and squatted it twice. The coach saw this and asked if he would like to be on the power lifting team. The rest is history.

That’s hilarious. 

On 4/22/2022 at 8:03 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Wow!!!!