The Woke Thread: Examples of Wokeness Gone Wrong

bullets13

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I'm all for fairness and equal opportunity.  Nobody should be held back or intentionally disadvantaged for arbitrary reasons like race or gender.  That said, this movement to level the playing field by cutting the legs out from under overachievers to bring them back towards the middle of the pack instead of just making sure everyone has the same opportunities to start with is a movement destined for mediocrity.  

This is what the left has been trying to do with everything from sports to criminal laws......

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

For calling someone him or her, absolute madness.

Reminds me of the video recently posted of SCJ Clarence Thomas talking about learning to live with other cultures and how to make life long friendships with people who may have opposing views.

This is going the complete opposite direction.

If one never interacts with people from another race, culture, or sex(?). How could they ever be expected to care about any of them? If we do not learn from history... you know the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the hidden content, please

Another stellar accomplishment from the democrats.

From the article:

The worsening staffing crisis at the Seattle Police Department has forced the defunded force to no longer take on new adult sexual assault cases this year, according to a newly revealed internal memo. 

The Seattle Times first reported Tuesday about the four-page memo, which the sergeant in charge of the Sexual Assault/Child Abuse Unit sent internally to interim police Chief Adrian Diaz on April 11. 

In the memo, titled "Staffing Issues," Sgt. Pamela St. John said she currently is not able to assign new adult sexual assault cases "because of other statutory requirements." 

Just three years ago, the unit had 12 skilled detectives, but at the time the memo was written, there are only four remaining. 

• 3 weeks later...

From the article:

Oregon teachers at the Errol Hassell Elementary School sent school administrators an email claiming that eye-rolling directed at a principal, among other alleged actions they observed, is an example of a "harmful practice rooted in White supremacy" that is happening in the workplace.

• 2 weeks later...

🤦 From the article:

A Washington state school board director who owns a sex shop is making headlines after announcing she will teach sex education classes for children as young as nine on topics such as "sexual anatomy for pleasure" and "safer sex practices for all kinds of sexual activities."

• 1 month later...

Lady gets banned for calling out sick behavior...this is all you, democrats, you own this.

From the article:

An 80-year-old Washington state woman was permanently banned from her local YMCA pool after demanding that a transgender employee leave the women’s locker room, she told local media. 

"I saw a man in a woman’s bathing suit watching maybe four or five little girls pulling down their suits in order to use the toilet," Port Townsend resident Julie Jaman recalled of the July incident to Seattle radio show host Dori Monson on Friday. "I asked if he had a penis and he said it was none of my business. I told that man to ‘get out right now.’"

The incident occurred on July 26 at the Mountain View pool, which is a City of Port Townsend facility operated by the Olympic Peninsula YMCA, according to local news outlet Port Townsend Free Press. 

Jaman said that she was alerted to the trans employee being in the women’s locker room while she was showering and "heard a man’s voice."

he told Monson that she alerted a pool staffer to the incident and was stunned when the staff member told her she was "being discriminatory," and "was banned from the pool forever." The staffer also allegedly said the police would be called, according to Jaman’s radio interview. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

This should be interesting. I wonder if the Woke crowd is going to start trying to cancel Muslims? 

A conundrum for the woke left.  Heaven forbid offending our Muslim brethren so what to do?  Let’s attack Christianity - desecrate a Catholic Church.  Down with Christianity - the new mantra of Leftist Democrats.  Make no mistake folks, it’s impossible to embrace the Dem Woke Left & be a Christian.  You need to make a choice.  For me it’s a nobrainer.  If you’re having trouble deciding, I’ll pray for you.

Here’s an example of what I speak.  And understand, this is not an isolated incident. Not a one-off.  It’s going on regularly.