Lumberton 36 Orangefield 47/FINAL

I've been to almost every game these last three years, Why, only because i have a son that plays for Lumberton. 

And i will say all the haters on this years basketball team, do you really know basketball or just hating to get reaction.

1) team started year without TWO 6'4' starter - one came back then out for the year - other come back and is extremely limited due to the injury

if you do not think that has an impact to team play - you are crazy

2) a third 6'4" guy that was lost for 10 games during year - BUT there for district - in my opinion this kid is incorrectly coached - when on has great 3 point shot but lacks ability to drive lane - so he should be used underneath to take advantage of his body and leaping ability 

3) yes a less than great team - but with the worst officials in history - it does kill this team - yes both teams play with the poor officials - but better teams can over come these poor officials

so yes very poor officiating, injuries, and poor coaching has hurt Lumberton.

Silsbee easy #1, LCM should been easy #2 but WOS, OF, and Lumberton were all equally same. BUT you have to play the game and Lumberton did not take advantage of opportunities

Mitchell gets hate because of his antic on sideline. Maybe deserved. maybe not, BUT Jake McDonald at OF and Brad Jeffcoat at LCM are horrible as well

and this rubs off on team and student sections.

LCM student section has called a Lumberton player the N word last year and this year a player called a Lumberton player the N word.

Lumberton, LCM, Vidor, Orangefield, BC student sections are horrible. And school admin, coaches, and parent allow this to go on. 

and parents, including my self are guilty of getting too vocal (it is hard with worst official in country but no excuse)

ok threw out a bunch of trolling - so expect some good responses in morning

but remember im like that hog rolling around in the mud - when you jump in, I like getting dirty - lol

and i did post about hiding - i am no hider - i will invite anyone over for a beer or drink and we can debate in real time - i would cook for you but cant at the moment

i love debate - was on debate team in high school and went to college to become a lawyer - took a side step from that but it never left my blood

8 hours ago, The Observer said:

ok threw out a bunch of trolling - so expect some good responses in morning

but remember im like that hog rolling around in the mud - when you jump in, I like getting dirty - lol

and i did post about hiding - i am no hider - i will invite anyone over for a beer or drink and we can debate in real time - i would cook for you but cant at the moment

i love debate - was on debate team in high school and went to college to become a lawyer - took a side step from that but it never left my blood

you would make a heck of a filibusterer in congress 

10 hours ago, The Observer said:

Mitchell gets hate because of his antic on sideline. Maybe deserved. maybe not, BUT Jake McDonald at OF and Brad Jeffcoat at LCM are horrible as well

LCM student section has called a Lumberton player the N word last year and this year a player called a Lumberton player the N word.

Lumberton, LCM, Vidor, Orangefield, BC student sections are horrible. And school admin, coaches, and parent allow this to go on. 

and parents, including my self are guilty of getting too vocal (it is hard with worst official in country but no excuse)

I think most coaches are animated to a certain extent, but Coach Mitchell takes it to a new level.  I do agree that how a coach acts has an impact on his players.  

11 hours ago, The Observer said:

disagree Mcdonald at OF is pretty stinking good but jeffocat and the guy from wos are complete jokes when it comes to coaching 

2 hours ago, catfever said:

I think most coaches are animated to a certain extent, but Coach Mitchell takes it to a new level.  I do agree that how a coach acts has an impact on his players.  

i’m not saying it makes them a bad man

my point is student feed off that - then you get kids acting out

parents (myself) feed off that  - parents acting out

players feed off that - players acting in negative aggression 

and old saying you can’t run a day care with the front door open

best person can lose when running on emotion because rational thoughts go out the door 

For what it’s worth, I think Mitchell has done a good job and I think that’s fairly evident, Brock or no Brock.  I enjoy his antics where it pertains to the referees because I have felt that pain too many times (and it amuses me).  In fact, being entertained by the coach was the only thing that made PNG basketball watchable for years. 

McDonald nor Jeffcoat have ever appeared to me to be guys who twist off regularly.  I would say I’ve seen Clay Davis animated as well.  Sure they can get worked up and lose it on occasion as most coaches can.  And I can’t recall a time when any of the three has gotten animated where their team didn’t just receive a really bad call.  But they aren’t in the same category.  And both are really good guys (as Mitchell has been from my limited interaction with him).  I have really good friends who vouch for him as well.  

However, if he was posting on the board as someone else talking about how great he is: that’s more than a little weird.  

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

For what it’s worth, I think Mitchell has done a good job and I think that’s fairly evident, Brock or no Brock.  I enjoy his antics where it pertains to the referees because I have felt that pain too many times (and it amuses me).  In fact, being entertained by the coach was the only thing that made PNG basketball watchable for years. 

McDonald nor Jeffcoat have ever appeared to me to be guys who twist off regularly.  I would say I’ve seen Clay Davis animated as well.  Sure they can get worked up and lose it on occasion as most coaches can.  And I can’t recall a time when any of the three has gotten animated where their team didn’t just receive a really bad call.  But they aren’t in the same category.  And both are really good guys (as Mitchell has been from my limited interaction with him).  I have really good friends who vouch for him as well.  

However, if he was posting on the board as someone else talking about how great he is: that’s more than a little weird.  

Is that callazo. Your talking about