Hardin-Jefferson 65 Hamshire-Fannett 50/FINAL

1 hour ago, BEARCPA said:

Yeah this all comes back to the coach IMO. Any coach worth his salt would have these issues (both with his team and their parents) straightened out before district play in one way or another. 

At the end of the day the coach makes decisions that give his team the best chance to win. No one in the gym wants to win worse than he does. The mommas and daddies are just fans and unfortunately some of them never learn that. I don’t know this coach at all but he has to be extremely frustrated with the noise from the bleachers. If you look back at the Horns season it looks like the coach has been looking for an answer that just isn’t there. With 3 district loses and a very tight OT win against Huffman it may be time for the Horns faithful to come back to reality. Some people seemed to think that this club would challenge Silsbee when in reality that was wishful thinking on their part.

5 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Yeah this all comes back to the coach IMO. Any coach worth his salt would have these issues (both with his team and their parents) straightened out before district play in one way or another. 

This was going on before this coach and cardinal 1s kid was here.  The previous coach only wanted two kids to touch the ball so team chemistry was never developed now you add in a really good player and you have a recipe for disaster. The fit pitching and jealousy was overlooked because they got the wins to get the previous coach where he wanted to be.  This coach inherited this mess and being a first time head coach is learning on the fly.  Do I agree with the way he is handling it, no but I am not in his shoes.  Like I said before I think he is a good guy and I think he will improve the program eventually if he doesn’t get discouraged by this years problems. I feel bad for the kids that show up everyday and work hard because they love the game and will never get the chance at another senior year because of this crap.

1 hour ago, OVER THE HILL said:

This was going on before this coach and cardinal 1s kid was here.  The previous coach only wanted two kids to touch the ball so team chemistry was never developed now you add in a really good player and you have a recipe for disaster. The fit pitching and jealousy was overlooked because they got the wins to get the previous coach where he wanted to be.  This coach inherited this mess and being a first time head coach is learning on the fly.  Do I agree with the way he is handling it, no but I am not in his shoes.  Like I said before I think he is a good guy and I think he will improve the program eventually if he doesn’t get discouraged by this years problems. I feel bad for the kids that show up everyday and work hard because they love the game and will never get the chance at another senior year because of this crap.

I hear what you're saying, but new coach or not, he should have put an end to the daddy ball and chemistry issues before the season started. A lot of hours are put in together those first couple months of the school year before real practice starts. Maybe he is too nice of a guy.

A lot of coaches only see some athletes abilities to run fast or jump high and ignore the bad things they do because they are awesome athletes.  Those coaches are always wondering why can’t we win at a high level?  The good coaches know chemistry between teammates is what wins.  I agree that these problems should have been addressed in preseason.  He can still save the season and make a run in the playoffs if he makes the hard decision.  Their is chemistry with some of the players and you can see it especially with the second unit and Cardinal 1s son but like I said above everyone loves the athletes so they will stick with that even though it may bury them.

23 hours ago, OVER THE HILL said:

A lot of coaches only see some athletes abilities to run fast or jump high and ignore the bad things they do because they are awesome athletes.  Those coaches are always wondering why can’t we win at a high level?  The good coaches know chemistry between teammates is what wins.  I agree that these problems should have been addressed in preseason.  He can still save the season and make a run in the playoffs if he makes the hard decision.  Their is chemistry with some of the players and you can see it especially with the second unit and Cardinal 1s son but like I said above everyone loves the athletes so they will stick with that even though it may bury them.

I agree, Coach Kenebrew is an upstanding man of God. He's a genuine man who honestly got caught off guard with somethings going on with his locker room. I have to admit I have been critical a few times of how he handled particular players and situations with them, that I really do regret, but I believe he just got caught off guard. I've spent time in the gym with him over the summer and fall ball, the guy has a great basketball mind and has made a lot of the guys better, my so  included. He challenged my son to be a better on the ball defender which was the missing piece to him getting his recruitment back on track. The next line of players fits his personality better and the have a great crop of young players on JV and varsity that will be there next year. Also maybe he does know what he's doing. The road to the regional finals for the district champs, barring upsets, goes through Booker T Washington (2nd rd) and Silsbee (3rd rd). Good luck to the Hawks 😩😔

31 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I agree, Coach Kenebrew is an upstanding man of God. He's a genuine man who honestly got caught off guard with somethings going on with his locker room. I have to admit I have been critical a few times of how he handled particular players and situations with them, that I really do regret, but I believe he just got caught off guard. I've spent time in the gym with him over the summer and fall ball, the guy has a great basketball mind and has made a lot of the guys better, my so  included. He challenged my son to be a better on the ball defender which was the missing piece to him getting his recruitment back on track. The next line of players fits his personality better and the have a great crop of young players on JV and varsity that will be there next year. Also maybe he does know what he's doing. The road to the regional finals for the district champs, barring upsets, goes through Booker T Washington (2nd rd) and Silsbee (3rd rd). Good luck to the Hawks 😩😔

Yikes.  Reminds me of Lumberton and LCM punting the ball back and forth on 1st down a couple of years ago trying to dodge Carthage 😂.  I’m kidding of course.  Kind of. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I think the district champ definitely has a tougher road. Not sure I’d want a coach or player who didn’t play to win though. If Silsbee is hitting the 3 they are just on a different level not sure about Booker T, I haven’t seen them. 

56 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I think the district champ definitely has a tougher road. Not sure I’d want a coach or player who didn’t play to win though. If Silsbee is hitting the 3 they are just on a different level not sure about Booker T, I haven’t seen them. 

Booker T has the best Sophomore in the Houston area. 6'8" and plays like a SF/G! He's had multiple games with 30pts 20 plus rebs

On 1/25/2022 at 9:21 PM, Cardinal 1 said:

If you were at this game, it was clear as day why we lost. It was a great game for about 2qts and then one player on our team decided that he needed to no longer play team ball and turn the ball over 4 straight trips. Then our coach decided it was a good idea to sit our all region PG and our best shooter for most of the 3rd qrt. Our two best scorers and barely touched the ball after dominating the first half because their ALL REGION PG WAS ON THE BENCH! Who by the way was cooking as well in the first half! They lost because of a selfish player (who by the way had a tech and a flagrant foul that resulted into 4pts in the first half, then tried to fight Sears after coming out the locker room when RJ came to shake his hand) and horrible subbing. Hats off to HJ and Coach Davis for a perfect game plan in the 2nd half forcing the ball into that player's hand and watching it perfectly unfold. His guys came out and smelled blood in the waters. Sears was amazing, Isaiah Malbrough was the game MVP for me. HJ played team ball in the second half, HF didn't. This lost was solely on our coach unable to control one of his players and not benching him, along with bad subbing

FYI, just talked to someone involved in the game, and the coach sat the PG because he picked up his 4th foul early in the 3rd