Is H-D Being Treated Fairly Regarding Playoff Location ?

Last year all the Hull-Daisetta fans drove over 90 miles to Huntsville to see the H-D vs Groveton game.  Keep in mind Huntsville is only about 25 miles from Groveton.  Groveton was the home team and it was no big deal, but this year H-D is being asked to play once again in Huntsville against Groveton over 90 miles away.  Does anyone think this is fair?  2 years in a row our fans have to pay the high gas prices and travel.  I feel like this year the game should be played in our area, like Dayton maybe.  Dayton is 20 miles from H-D and about 90 miles from Groveton. I think that would be real fair.  Why should H-D be treated unfairly?  If anyone reading this knows the UIL rules regarding playoff locations, please say something.  And let me know if this is unfair.  I feel like Groveton is getting two home games, two years in a row.  Remember, 25 miles, that's what I call a home playoff game.  And don't ask me why our coach/AD agreed for us to play there.

If a stadium is available and both schools agree upon it, then it's just that simple. When there is no agreement, that's when coin tosses come into play. In some cases you will actually flip for a home game if neither team can agree on a neutral site. There are cases of flipping for neutral sites. In this case, Groveton may have won a flip on choosing Bowers Stadium, but I don't know for sure.

it must be true, if it was reported on the radio, and in the newspaper... however if groveton wins the game is scheduled to be in tyler..

either way, tyler or dayton both have nice facilities. i was watching HS Extra Live, or whatever it's called with all the highlights and scores, and saw the Dayton highlights.. Gas right now in Nacogdoches, which i reside is $3.05 a gallon as of this morning.

Good Luck to both the Indians and Bobcats!!! :)

~Lynn~

You flip a coin for whether you want to be home or visitor.  Also for location.  Last year we lost the flip for the game site.  Groveton wanted Bowers we wanted Crosby.  If you do not want to meet to flip, you use zip codes in the coaches directory over the phone.  Works the same way. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder