West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

8 minutes ago, KF89 said:

I believe Mike Pierce started coaching at WOS the last few years Hooks was still head coach??

On a side note: The Mike Pierce coaching at WOS was an All American Free Safety at Mcneese State.

Mike Pierce (1987-90) – 1990 All-American (Sports Network, Dan Hansen's Football)… 1989 and 1990 first team All-Southland Conference… 1990 first team All-Louisiana… 1990 SLC Defensive Player of the Year… 1990 McNeese MVP, team Captain, and McNeese Outstanding Defensive Player… led the Cowboys in pass interceptions with four in 1988 and five pick in 1989… his 12 interceptions in his career is currently ranked tied for seventh all-time… 243 career tackles currently ranks him 20th all-time… member of the 1990s SLC All-Decade Team.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the same coach,I graduated in 99 and he was here then as a secondary coach.Graduated from Vidor and mcneese 

5 hours ago, KF89 said:

I believe Mike Pierce started coaching at WOS in the late 90's as secondary coach??

On a side note: The Mike Pierce coaching at WOS was an All American Free Safety at Mcneese State.

Mike Pierce (1987-90) – 1990 All-American (Sports Network, Dan Hansen's Football)… 1989 and 1990 first team All-Southland Conference… 1990 first team All-Louisiana… 1990 SLC Defensive Player of the Year… 1990 McNeese MVP, team Captain, and McNeese Outstanding Defensive Player… led the Cowboys in pass interceptions with four in 1988 and five pick in 1989… his 12 interceptions in his career is currently ranked tied for seventh all-time… 243 career tackles currently ranks him 20th all-time… member of the 1990s SLC All-Decade Team.

This is the hidden content, please

I watched him in high school. He was #12 and QB @ Vidor

11 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I watched him in high school. He was #12 and QB @ Vidor

Very good football player & all around athlete back in those days. All around good person & from what I have seen during games a solid coach at WOS. Not sure he would want the responsibilities of AD/head coach though. 

6 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

I don’t think he would even have a chance!

Don’t know if he wants the job but Mike would be a good choice in my opinion. He’s been with WOS for many years an knows the Mustang way an is a hard nosed no nonsense solid individual. No doubt Mike  was a hell of a player in his day. We both graduated in 1986 from Vidor High School an I know him to be a great individual. I believe he’d be a good choice to replace Coach T. JMO

10 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Don’t know if he wants the job but Mike would be a good choice in my opinion. He’s been with WOS for many years an knows the Mustang way an is a hard nosed no nonsense solid individual. No doubt Mike  was a hell of a player in his day. We both graduated in 1986 from Vidor High School an I know him to be a great individual. I believe he’d be a good choice to replace Coach T. JMO

I don’t disagree,just don’t think he’ll get a chance like I said…😉

2 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

I don’t disagree,just don’t think he’ll get a chance like I said…😉

Well…. if he isn’t given a chance or looked at they’re not doing their due diligence. I believe his resume speaks for itself. It would be pretty pathetic if he’s not looked at because of the color of his skin. Then again he may not want the position if there’s a lot of unnecessary ignorant BS that he would have to deal with. 

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

Well…. if he isn’t given a chance or looked at they’re not doing their due diligence. I believe his resume speaks for itself. It would be pretty pathetic if he’s not looked at because of the color of his skin. Then again he may not want the position if there’s a lot of unnecessary BS that he would have to deal with. 

Your last sentence could very well speak volumes. 

On 12/14/2021 at 8:33 AM, Jack of All Trades said:

I'm hearing the decision has been made for over a year by the Superintendant and he already has his guy.  From what I am being told is that it is the Silsbee coach on the staff that has not done much for our program since we got him there.  A lot of people in OUR community know Toby Foreman is the right choice, he is WOS and deserves to come back and led our program.  He will also care about other sports like basketball.  In fact our Junior high girls played last night and in one of the games they didn't even score 1 pt.  

Our athletic department needs help and someone that is paying attention to more than football.  Toby already showed that he can led our kids to State in a sport that is not football.  Either we need to get Toby or get a big name that is proven.  My two cents but we know that doesnt mattter.  I say this but know the decision is already made

If this is true, it could make or break the sups career. Surely this isn't true. The Silsbee coach has 0 head coaching experience. He better not turn the keys to that program over to an outsider with no experience. 

On 12/14/2021 at 9:21 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm just saying... a program and fanbase that states they love and care of Foreman...  he even stated how much he loves Orange and the program himself...  But they went with a coach that was at the time 61 years old over a young, firey and enthusiastic young Coach in Toby.  They didn't think much of him back then.  Just saying, Since he is in a way better situation now, I figured the logical thing to do would be to stay put.  But I guess it's good to have a short memory or easily forgive.  To each their own.  

At the time Toby had no HC experience and Thompson had been the backbone of the program for decades. The right (and only) choice at the time was Thompson. Now Foreman has the experience. Its his time.

24 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

At the time Toby had no HC experience and Thompson had been the backbone of the program for decades. The right (and only) choice at the time was Thompson. Now Foreman has the experience. Its his time.

T left and was HC at Palestine before he came back under Hooks. So he did have some experience when he was promoted.

On 12/16/2021 at 8:49 AM, KF89 said:

At some schools an outside coach & change is needed to get back to success & winning culture. This is not needed at WOS, I'm not positive an outside coach coming in trying to change things away from what McCarty, Hooks, Thompson have built would be the best for WOS at this time. I also agree that Coach Thompson's input should be a big part in the hire & he knows what's best for WOS.

If you can get a guy like Daniel Boedeker at Shiner who is 42-1 with back to back 2A state titles, then I agree to hire that type outside guy, but I do not think that type of coach with that record is applying.  

Correct, that example is apples and oranges. Stephenville was a doormat before Briles. Carthage was average at best before Surrat, change was needed at those programs. Not the case at WOS.

WO-S will rue the day if they don’t hire Toby for this job. This isn’t something that should be thought long and hard about. For years in Orange county we have wanted our student athletes to get to the next level is with the help of their athletic directors and Toby, and now Peevy at LCM, provide two people who do this at a high level. The community wants and needs Toby. I hope that the school board feels the same. 

9 hours ago, Gasilla said:

Yeah the ONLY way to not absolutely botch that hire was to give Cornel the keys.  There has never been a bigger no brainer hire in the history of football.  

17 hours ago, Unwoke said:

I'm sorry I don't believe he would be a gud fit.he is a nice guy and all.but they showed what we have the first game of the season!! They were totally lost without CT. Need someone to come in that will take it back to basics.blocking and tackling.and getting them mentally prepared to play.and everything else will take care of itself.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED