Silsbee 54 Beaumont United 84/FINAL

Silsbee and United aren't the same. United is sitting on generational talent the same way Silsbee did 4 years ago. This kind of talent rarely comes together in school at the same time. Silsbee has great talent and I expect those Tigers to be in state this year but United is a top 15 team Nationally. Their team isn't much smaller than U of H. 

On 12/8/2021 at 6:41 AM, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee and United aren't the same. United is sitting on generational talent the same way Silsbee did 4 years ago. This kind of talent rarely comes together in school at the same time. Silsbee has great talent and I expect those Tigers to be in state this year but United is a top 15 team Nationally. Their team isn't much smaller than U of H. 

As good as United is, they would get beat pretty soundly (imo) by Duncanville.  Duncanville just took down Montverde last night.  While this is by no means the Montverde of a couple of years ago, it is still a national powerhouse.  The fact that a public school team beat them is incredibly impressive. 

Having said that, Duncanville may not recruit nationally, but it certainly does an excellent job recruiting the metroplex.  

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

As good as United is, they would get beat pretty soundly (imo) by Duncanville.  Duncanville just took down Montverde last night.  While this is by no means the Montverde of a couple of years ago, it is still a national powerhouse.  The fact that a public school team beat them is incredibly impressive. 

Having said that, Duncanville may not recruit nationally, but it certainly does an excellent job recruiting the metroplex.  

I believe BU beat Duncanville recently in some kind of preseason showcase…

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I saw where the Duncanville guard committed to Sam 

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I believe BU beat Duncanville recently in some kind of preseason showcase…

Maybe so.  They ain’t beating the team Peavey’s running out there now.   Honestly they would have trouble hanging with them.  And United is the best team we’ve had in this area since the Ozen teams. 

17 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

That was definitely a big win. . . 

also when it comes to schools like United/Duncanville/Montverde  that’s really Neighborhood/Metroplex/National That’s why I will always respect United more 

Just now, D3zii said:

That was definitely a big win. . . 

also when it comes to schools like United/Duncanville/Montverde  that’s really Neighborhood/Metroplex/National That’s why I will always respect United more 

Agree completely.  United is a fraction of what Duncanville is drawing from.  Way more impressive.  

10 minutes ago, no-look said:

I saw where the Duncanville guard committed to Sam 

they got another one?  I know Nicholas is there from last year’s team.  

here is what I’m talking about with D’ville:

Black 6-7 senior guard holds a Duke offer.  Most think he will end up at OK St or Gonzaga. 
holland 6-8 junior wing - at least 14 offers including Kansas

CJ Ford, senior Pg - N Arizona commit

Aric Demmings, sr Pg - multiple D1 offers, more coming 

Ashton hardaway, 6-7 jr wing (Penny’s son) - 4 star recruit 

davion Sykes, 6-5 sr wing - Texas State commit

yeah this ain’t your normal public school team.  Even your normal best team in the state team   I thought Plano East several years ago was as loaded as a public school team could be   I was wrong  

51 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Black 6-7 senior guard holds a Duke offer.  Most think he will end up at OK St or Gonzaga. 

yeah this ain’t your normal public school team.  Even your normal best team in the state team   I thought Plano East several years ago was as loaded as a public school team could be   I was wrong  

Plano east??? Wat team was that?? Don’t really remember them being good or having ballers??

7 hours ago, D3zii said:

Plano east??? Wat team was that?? Don’t really remember them being good or having ballers??

Plano west.  My bad.  The one with Mickey Mitchell, DJ Hogg, Tyler Davis, Soso Jamabo, etc.  The team wasn’t one of the all time greats but they did win state and had a ton of size and talent.  

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Went back and checked. It was a Duncanville football recruit that committed to Sam.  I should have read the whole tweet. Lol