Woodville vs Lorena

CHIEFsWIN

23 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I know what kind of talent we have. If you remember a couple years back we had more talent than Rockdale and Grandview both state Champions and we lost horribly to them . Hopefully things will work out but I just don’t see it happening.

More talent than those Rockdale and Grandview teams? Interesting perspective 

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

More talent than those Rockdale and Grandview teams? Interesting perspective 

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

I know what kind of talent we have. If you remember a couple years back we had more talent than Rockdale and Grandview both state Champions and we lost horribly to them . Hopefully things will work out but I just don’t see it happening.

Never in the history of Woodville HS, did a football team have more talent than the 2018-2019 Grandview Zebras.

Never in the history of Woodville HS, did a football team have more talent that the 2017 Rockdale Tigers.

5 hours ago, longball24 said:

Imma go with NO on that. 

5 hours ago, longball24 said:

I remember many years Woodville hasn’t performed up to their potential. It’s a habit you have to break when building a winning culture. Only thing most people remember is the the numbers on the scoreboard. You have to show your the better team on the scoreboard or your just blowing smoke. 

On 11/17/2021 at 10:11 AM, sfajackswin said:

Woodville vs Lorena @ Madisonville 11/18/2021!

Does anyone know if it will be live streamed?

What are your thoughts on game?? 

I am going with Lorena by 3 TDS.

The game will be streamed on the NFHS network. You can download the app. There is a subscription, but you can watch/listen to anything on NFHS for an entire month. I don't know if Woodville uses NFHS, but a lot of schools in Texas do, including Lorena. Just search Lorena vs Woodville on the app. 

35 minutes ago, JBrown303 said:

The game will be streamed on the NFHS network. You can download the app. There is a subscription, but you can watch/listen to anything on NFHS for an entire month. I don't know if Woodville uses NFHS, but a lot of schools in Texas do, including Lorena. Just search Lorena vs Woodville on the app. 

I appreciate it! Thank you. 

Just now, sfajackswin said:

I appreciate it! Thank you. 

You're welcome. I hear the broadcast is pretty good. Any idea where one might find some stats on the Woodville team from last game and for the season? MaxPreps doesn't really have anything and I don't know what paper covers Woodville. Thanks!

1 hour ago, JBrown303 said:

The stadium they play at also has to have NFHS as well

3 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I can understand how no one would think there is not any talent in Woodville. This boils down to no one not even the coaches or parents recognizing what they have or understand how to teach these kids how to be winners. Anyone can be average and lose on a regular basis and this is life here. 

I don’t think anyone thinks that. But to say that Woodville was more talented than those Grandview and Rockdale teams in those years just isn’t a accurate statement lol

Guest mrtomcat
17 minutes ago, longball24 said:

You would have had to be there and see it for yourself to understand where I’m coming from.

I was there.  For 40 years, I have been here. I saw all the talent they had.  I also saw Grandview vs EC those years.  I also saw Rockdale play Brock in the ship that year.  As I stated (being 6 miles down the road) Woodville has never had that kind of talent of those two teams.  Now, there has definitely been talent along the way and shoulda, coulda, woulda for sure.  I think Woodville is very good for southeast Texas and thats about as good as it gets

I agree of the 2 Rockdale was the better team. If you were there you can probably do a good job describing the 1 st half of the Rockdale game . Also if you were in Tyler you could do a good job of describing the sentiment from the stands and many of the comments that were made during and after the game even by the ladies. Let’s just say we can agree to disagree.