Beto O’Rourke Running for Governor

bullets13

Scary proposition.  This guy is a loon, but a lot of people are down on Abbott right now.  I wouldn’t mind seeing a Republican unseat Abbott, because I’m afraid the right will not get out and support him as much the next election.  With Texas’ handling of the winter storm, COVID, etc, I think a lot of folks lost some faith in him.  His push to go super conservative afterwards trying to regain Republican support is going to hurt him with moderates.  I guess we’ll have to wait and see how it all plays out.  

32 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

Abbott has done and continues to do a very good job (minus the winter weather debacle).  He has handled COVID well, the border, the democrats fleeing  their responsibility, the “defund” movement and keeps right on leading.  If you vote O’Rourke then you probably voted for Biden too.

If you vote for Beto, you are a fool.  And like Chester86 said, you probably voted for biden.  Therefore, there are a lot of fools out there!!

21 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Abbott has done and continues to do a very good job (minus the winter weather debacle).  He has handled COVID well, the border, the democrats fleeing  their responsibility, the “defund” movement and keeps right on leading.  If you vote O’Rourke then you probably voted for Biden too.

I'm going to disagree on how well he handled covid.  I know that I don't hold the same views on Covid as many conservatives, but IMO there were two viable options to address it: the first option was to do nothing.  Let it run it's course, encourage people to be smart, and treat cases as best you could.  The second was to lock the state down to some degree until the vaccine was widely available.  Protect the masses from themselves until the people who wanted the vaccine were able to receive it.  He somehow did both of these options in the least effective way possible: he shut down the state in various ways for about 9 months... reduced capacity in various public places, cancelling school, closing different businesses.  BUT, then he completely opened the state back up just 2 months before vaccines were widely available, which undoubtedly led to many deaths of people who had no choice but to return back to school/work/etc. just 6-8 weeks before they would become eligible to get a vaccine.  So the Texas economy took a pretty big hit because of his policy, but then he ended the policy just about 2 months before it could've made a difference.  I was dumbfounded when he did that. 

29 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I'm going to disagree on how well he handled covid.  I know that I don't hold the same views on Covid as many conservatives, but IMO there were two viable options to address it: the first option was to do nothing.  Let it run it's course, encourage people to be smart, and treat cases as best you could.  The second was to lock the state down to some degree until the vaccine was widely available.  Protect the masses from themselves until the people who wanted the vaccine were able to receive it.  He somehow did both of these options in the least effective way possible: he shut down the state in various ways for about 9 months... reduced capacity in various public places, cancelling school, closing different businesses.  BUT, then he completely opened the state back up just 2 months before vaccines were widely available, which undoubtedly led to many deaths of people who had no choice but to return back to school/work/etc. just 6-8 weeks before they would become eligible to get a vaccine.  So the Texas economy took a pretty big hit because of his policy, but then he ended the policy just about 2 months before it could've made a difference.  I was dumbfounded when he did that. 

In Abbott’s defense bullets ( and I respect your opinion greatly) I know of no leader who handled Covid any better. I think the ice storm caught everyone with their pants down, but we have to blame someone……how about the energy companies? Actually, no one is to blame. That was a freak storm just like Harvey. Harvey flooded people who had never been flooded in their lives, so goes this ice storm. It reminds me of New Orleans blaming Bush for Katrina.

6 hours ago, baddog said:

In Abbott’s defense bullets ( and I respect your opinion greatly) I know of no leader who handled Covid any better. I think the ice storm caught everyone with their pants down, but we have to blame someone……how about the energy companies? Actually, no one is to blame. That was a freak storm just like Harvey. Harvey flooded people who had never been flooded in their lives, so goes this ice storm. It reminds me of New Orleans blaming Bush for Katrina.

I don’t really blame him for the ice storm, other than he was in charge and it went poorly for the state.  And I don’t disagree that few leaders have handled COVID well, I just really had an issue with him going all in on the shutdown for so long, only to completely lift it so closely to when people who wanted to be vaccinated had the option.  At that point, what’s another few weeks? 

The last 18 months we’ve seen the largest transfer of wealth in history. It was never about the virus. We should have never locked down this economy. It’s treasonous what’s been done to this country and still being done to this country. What’s happening is not incompetence it’s intentional . The CDC and NIH should have never been allowed to put hospital protocols in place. Grassroot doctors should have not been suppressed in there speech with the effective treatment of patients catching Covid. They were way more effective in early treatment of their patients than the hospitals. I believe Abbot is a closet Rino and  Beto is nuttier than a squirrel turd.

21 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Easy explanation - he has no idea what he’s doing and is just pandering for votes and public support. He and Ted Cruz have perfected this. And as long as Team D keeps nominating the Obama wannabee, they’ll keep getting away with it 

Also forgot to add - these people rely on the short attention span of voters. Bring up another hot topic issue (abortion, this time) and the peons forget about everything else.. too busy fuming mad and foaming at the mouth 

On 11/17/2021 at 12:08 PM, baddog said:

Beto will come for your guns….. no doubt in my peanut brain. Hope he sets foot on my front porch. That could get interesting. 

A leopard doesn’t change its spots…..

Beto O'Rourke stands by infamous pledge to 'take' guns from Americans if elected Texas governor

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

4 hours ago, baddog said:

A leopard doesn’t change its spots…..

Beto O'Rourke stands by infamous pledge to 'take' guns from Americans if elected Texas governor

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

Wait, I thought that democrats wanting to take our guns was a lie created by Republicans.