SEALY 21 SILSBEE 19/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

Tough Loss for Silsbee.  Story for the Tigers season is could not finish drives in Red Zone.

Silsbee had three (3) drives inside the 20 and failed to score tonight.

Silsbee Defense:

6 Sacks / 1 Int / 1 Fum Rec

Rough game stats:

Sealy

39 Car / 215 Rushing Yards / 3 TDs

13 Passing Yards

228 Total Yards 

Penalties: 5/35

D. Hmielewski  

3-8 13 YDs 1 Int. / 20 Car 47 Yds

E. Hart

16 Car 91 Yds 2 TDs

C. Krenek

1 Car 52 Yds 1 TD

Silsbee

38 Car / 162 Yds / 2 TDs

200 Passing Yards / 1 TD 

362 Total Yards

Penalties: 8/66 

M. Brisbane

11-20 200 YDs / 1 TD / 1 Int / 1 Fum

M. Dodd

27 Car / 123 Yds / 2 TDs

D. Miller 

3 Rec / 87 Yds / 1 Int / Blocked XP

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

Along with bad play calling and no adjustments.  

That 4th and 1 on the QB sneak was very questionable. Id have lined up Miller at QB with Dodd and let one of them run for it. There were 5 or 6 plays innthe 2nd half that I didn't think were so great but the penalties were the biggest difference. Im excited about what t the future looks like. Silsbee needs to have a mobile QB to put more pressure on the defense. 

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Interesting...

Examples? 

Two point conversions. How many two point conversions have they attempted all year?  Very few and the ones they have weren’t successful. choosing to run Dodd on a two point conversion instead of QB sneaking in. Running Dodd knowing he wasn’t 100%. He couldn’t cut and run like he normally could. That hurt more than it helped. No adjustments: The QB position should be very questionable for next year. Got to call it like I see it. 

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

Two point conversions. How many two point conversions have they attempted all year?  Very few and the ones they have weren’t successful. choosing to run Dodd on a two point conversion instead of QB sneaking in. Running Dodd knowing he wasn’t 100%. He couldn’t cut and run like he normally could. That hurt more than it helped. No adjustments: The QB position should be very questionable for next year. Got to call it like I see it. 

Two point attempts were situational:

Down 15-7. Stopped short on QB sneak.

Down 15-13. Stopped short, according to refs, using Dodd.

Dodd.  24 Car / 123 YDs / 2 TDs if that's not good enough for some, then oh well.

I will agree on the QB.  That was the adjustments made that some didn't see I guess.  It didn't work because of execution.

Execution failed due to penalties and poor timing between QB/Receivers. When it was right Silsbee was unstoppable.

Saenz 34 YD TD on beautiful roll out pass.

Cartwright 77 YD TD on perfect slant in stride that was nullified to apparent False start.

Three drives inside 20.

Penalties, poor pass for INT, etc.

Of course, jmo.  But I did have a birdseye view, next to coaches and stadium staff who miraculously saw much the same.

Called it like I saw it.

In the end.  Doesn't matter anymore.  Season over and next year will tell if Silsbee gets better and does not make these mistakes next year.