Barbers Hill 7 Texas City 35/Final

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, Cougtalk said:

Well TC was apparently the second best team in district and Crosby blasted them. Hmm, if we can just play like that we can beat almost anyone. 

Good luck versus FB Marshall BH. 

At this point, it’s just a moral victory for Us to be in the playoffs. That and a weak district.

Just now, Bulldogpower said:

This was one wack season, the pick ems in this district had to be tough. Like you have Nederland getting blow out by BH but then BH almost losing to Dayton….and then BH and Crosby going to the wire….one of the weirder seasons for sure.  

Ain't that the truth. 

7 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

\Kind of feel yall did it to yourselves. 

TC Win okay, but PNG?, letting Crosby off the hook? 

There’s no doubt we did it to ourselves. I guess if I could use an excuse, it would be our HC didn’t come in till the summer, so kids were trying to learn a new offense and new defensive scheme starting during two a days. That’s tough to do and be successful, but personal foul penalties all year long and multiple ones each game is on coaches for not getting control of the kids. Of course this solely my opinion on the season and I was only at 7 of the 10 games.

6 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

There’s no doubt we did it to ourselves. I guess if I could use an excuse, it would be our HC didn’t come in till the summer, so kids were trying to learn a new offense and new defensive scheme starting during two a days. That’s tough to do and be successful, but personal foul penalties all year long and multiple ones each game is on coaches for not getting control of the kids. Of course this solely my opinion on the season and I was only at 7 of the 10 games.

Short term bearish and long term bullish on BH. More to say later. Enjoying a big steak at Kemahs T-Bone Toms right now.  

• bullets13 changed the title to Barbers Hill 7 Texas City 35/Final
12 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

^^^ This is pretty much my take on the season, too. 

For all the intense criticism leveled at the new coach (mostly by outsiders) few have kept in mind this is a TRANSITION season for BH. I said that many times. New coach, new system, late start = inconsistencies and some losses. With that said, some of the issues are on the coach, and some are not. No coach is culpable when a RB fumbles, or a otherwise accurate QB overthrows by 5 or even 10 yards like I saw last night, sure handed receivers drop easy passes, or a defender does not wrap up and lets someone break a tackle. You get the idea. Fundamentals can be taught but the players ultimately have to execute. 

What the staff is responsible for is attitudes and discipline. Personal fouls have to be checked, and attitudes have to be adjusted when necessary. This will be easier as players come up through the new system. In summary, this season went about how I expected for a TRANSITION year, and it was literally inches away from exceeding expectations. No one realistically expected BH to win State or anything this year anyway. This year is done but I am solidly optimistic about the next 2-3 years ahead. The predecessor got 5 full years, so this coach certainly deserves at least three to see what can be accomplished. He has my full support.       

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

^^^ This is pretty much my take on the season, too. 

For all the intense criticism leveled at the new coach (mostly by outsiders) few have kept in mind this is a TRANSITION season for BH. I said that many times. New coach, new system, late start = inconsistencies and some losses. With that said, some of the issues are on the coach, and some are not. No coach is culpable when a RB fumbles, or a otherwise accurate QB overthrows by 5 or even 10 yards like I saw last night, sure handed receivers drop easy passes, or a defender does not wrap up and lets someone break a tackle. You get the idea. Fundamentals can be taught but the players ultimately have to execute. 

What the staff is responsible for is attitudes and discipline. Personal fouls have to be checked, and attitudes have to be adjusted when necessary. This will be easier as players come up through the new system. In summary, this season went about how I expected for a TRANSITION year, and it was literally inches away from exceeding expectations. No one realistically expected BH to win State or anything this year anyway. This year is done but I am solidly optimistic about the next 2-3 years ahead. The predecessor got 5 full years, so this coach certainly deserves at least three to see what can be accomplished. He has my full support.       

If BH would’ve beaten Crosby your season wouldn’t have exceeded expectations, you would’ve still lost those other games and finished third which is right about where TW averaged. In a transition year you should trend upwards, the high point in BH’s season was in September. 

I agree with all that other stuff you said, I personally think we’re too soft on the player critiques at times. As far as the optimism down the road though IDK? Yeah, y’all are going to have Herndon and Dixon for the next couple of years but BH doesn’t have any skill players close to that until all the way down in 7th grade and the best one is going to be 5’6” when he’s in high school. 

Y’all have some studs sprinkled through a few classes but after this senior class graduates y’all don’t have near the talent 7th-11th that you did these past four years. That was a solid run of Cauthen, Kapoua, Holdren, not to mention have Hagler as a three year starter. I’m just saying that Abseck could do just a good a or maybe even better than TW and end up with the same record. 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If BH would’ve beaten Crosby your season wouldn’t have exceeded expectations, you would’ve still lost those other games and finished third which is right about where TW averaged. In a transition year you should trend upwards, the high point in BH’s season was in September. 

I agree with all that other stuff you said, I personally think we’re too soft on the player critiques at times. As far as the optimism down the road though IDK? Yeah, y’all are going to have Herndon and Dixon for the next couple of years but BH doesn’t have any skill players close to that until all the way down in 7th grade and the best one is going to be 5’6” when he’s in high school. 

Y’all have some studs sprinkled through a few classes but after this senior class graduates y’all don’t have near the talent 7th-11th that you did these past four years. That was a solid run of Cauthen, Kapoua, Holdren, not to mention have Hagler as a three year starter. I’m just saying that Abseck could do just a good a or maybe even better than TW and end up with the same record. 

I think you full of BS personally and have no idea of the talent level of BH kids down through the 7 Th grade. Your always bias against BH and honestly think in your opinion if your not black then you can’t be athletic. Prieto took a couple of years to ramp up and so will Abseck, your opinion of where we will be in the following years amounts to nothing. Goodluck to Crosby, but we don’t care what you think✌️

7 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I think you full of BS personally and have no idea of the talent level of BH kids down through the 7 Th grade. Your always bias against BH and honestly think in your opinion if your not black then you can’t be athletic. Prieto took a couple of years to ramp up and so will Abseck, your opinion of where we will be in the following years amounts to nothing. Goodluck to Crosby, but we don’t care what you think✌️

I’ve seen your 7th and 8th grade A&B teams. I’ve seen your 9th grade team get destroyed. Your jv barely beat Crosby and we have 12 sophomores playing up. Only two of the stud kids I’m talking about BH has is 7th-11th grade are black. Not a single one of the stud kids I just named in the past four years at BH were black. I have sons who’ve played against every kid from BH the last 10 years except the current 8th and 9th graders.  I’ve watched 10 times the BH underclass games you have the past decade. 

How am I biased against BH when I picked y’all second in the district? You get butt hurt because your team continues to underachieve and I point it out, not because I’m being any of the stuff you accuse me of. This is the most talent BH has ever had and you’re going to finish 4th, screw who the coaching is. Prieto had us in the second round in a shootout with the regional finalist at the end of his first season. Unless you feel like you can go to the state finals next year your point is moot anyway. 

Good luck to y’all too. I think BH is the only team besides Crosby that would have a chance against FBM.