Lumberton at Vidor

SmashMouth

13 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

I'm not sure this is true HC. While Vidor has some good key offensive guys out and I'm guessing one or two of their defense, these boys are still going to bring it hard and try and get us off the field as quickly as possible. We are due for a win against them though, it's been a little while.

There’s no doubt that whichever 11 Pirates on the field they’ll be giving it 110%.  It may not be enough but they’re game.

2 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

Love the tweet by LHS Student Section 2021-2022 @LHSstusec

"Since the game this week is in Vidor we've decided to do a theme.  dress like the other team (white trash)!!  MAKE SURE YOU'RE DRESSED APPROPRIATE!" @coachJamesReyes says "we need everyone at vidor" be there or be square. see you there!!!"

Tweet has been deleted but not before screenshots!!

1 hour ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

I’m sorry it’s not student section accounts it’s the no chill accounts. Go look up the no chill Vidor Twitter. And by the way ours shouldn’t have put the white trash comment probably got told by staff to take it down

Lol they tagged the head coach in that tweet... not very smart.

55 minutes ago, hardcore said:

I think the L-Train will have there way with Vidor. Lumberton 42 Vidor 8 if the Raiders pull the starters. 

That is almost the exact score and was the situation last season but in reverse with Vidor dominating Lumberton. I expect similar results this year, until Ltown proves to me otherwise. They just haven't had the size or physicality to match up with the Pirates in the past. I know they have turned it around somewhat but that would be one hell of a drastic turnaround to make a 60 point swing from last years performance. Vidor has improved a lot from last season also and might just have a better team than you're expecting with that blowout pull the starters prediction. 

Thank God we didn't have social media and camera phones back in the day! I could tell y'all some stories! Game week before BMT Bowl!  Game week before we played Vidor! Game week before we played TJ! Getting back on the bus after playing Vidor in Vidor. Getting on the bus leaving Forest Brook in Houston! College was worse!

1 hour ago, raideroldtimer said:

I tell you what, if our QB gets a little more accurate on those long bombs he's got an arm. He just tends to lead the receiver a little too much.

May the Greek God of strength, Kratos, give him the strength to throw 5 yards pass the receivers.  May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the Raiders athletic supporters.  Wow, that’s all the mystical hexes I know, but they look like enough.  I’m worn out now.  Mysticism drains you.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

May the Greek God of strength, Kratos, give him the strength to throw 5 yards pass the receivers.  May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the Raiders athletic supporters.  Wow, that’s all the mystical hexes I know, but they look like enough.  I’m worn out now.  Mysticism drains you.

Another reason our boys are being given a flea bath before they come over there.😂 Well, except maybe the receivers, those fleas may help them jump higher so they can get their hands on those overthrown balls.🤣

For the season and district play Lumberton and Vidors point totals are not that far off.

Lumberton  PF- Season 281/9 games=31.2 avg.  District 136/4 games=34   avg.

PA- Season 159/9            =17.7 avg.  District   62/4            =15.5 avg.

Vidor           PF- Season 228/8 games=28.5 avg. District  106/4 games=26.5 avg.

PA- Season 143/8             =17.9 avg. District   52/4             =13    avg.

Lumberton has a slight edge during district on a points for average while Vidor has a slight edge on points against average against the same teams.

6 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

For the season and district play Lumberton and Vidors point totals are not that far off.

Lumberton  PF- Season 281/9 games=31.2 avg.  District 136/4 games=34   avg.

PA- Season 159/9            =17.7 avg.  District   62/4            =15.5 avg.

Vidor           PF- Season 228/8 games=28.5 avg. District  106/4 games=26.5 avg.

PA- Season 143/8             =17.9 avg. District   52/4             =13    avg.

Lumberton has a slight edge during district on a points for average while Vidor has a slight edge on points against average against the same teams.

Good post rot (RaiderOldTimer).  That’s getting down to the meat of the matchup.  Unfortunately Vidor achieved those numbers with (almost) all hands on deck.  Now there’s not enough Pirate RB’s to play two games of chess.  Ltown coming in with a full train load of players.  Vidor will have wheelchairs coming off the ship & busting through the banner.  I called Vegas.  They’re giving Vidor and 13 points (at halftime).  Might be the first time the visiting team gets triple digits on the scoreboard.  Yep, Ltown can relax.  This will be little more than a light scrimmage for the Raiders.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Good post rot (RaiderOldTimer).  That’s getting down to the meat of the matchup.  Unfortunately Vidor achieved those numbers with (almost) all hands on deck.  Now there’s not enough Pirate RB’s to play two games of chess.  Ltown coming in with a full train load of players.  Vidor will have wheelchairs coming off the ship & busting through the banner.  I called Vegas.  They’re giving Vidor and 13 points (at halftime).  Might be the first time the visiting team gets triple digits on the scoreboard.  Yep, Ltown can relax.  This will be little more than a light scrimmage for the Raiders.

Everyone knows better than that! Can’t downplay that offense no matter whose back there. It’s a scheme! Deception. Simple. If defense is not disciplined we lose!

What is the weather supposed to be like? If it's more of this cold, windy, rainy mess then I think that would be advantage Pirates. Ltown wont be able to execute the passing game as efficiently, we might see some more of the dropsies like LCM had with a wet ball. Either way the field wont be an issue, the playing surface should be fine for running the ball. Those plastic pellets and synthetic turf don't seem to hold the water as much as the natural grass. Me personally I kinda miss the old mud slop field with the way they used to custom paint different awesome looking designs on the 50 yard line and end zones every year.

8 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

What is the weather supposed to be like? If it's more of this cold, windy, rainy mess then I think that would be advantage Pirates. Ltown wont be able to execute the passing game as efficiently, we might see some more of the dropsies like LCM had with a wet ball. Either way the field wont be an issue, the playing surface should be fine for running the ball. Those plastic pellets and synthetic turf don't seem to hold the water as much as the natural grass. Me personally I kinda miss the old mud slop field with the way they used to custom paint different awesome looking designs on the 50 yard line and end zones every year.

57 degrees, very light winds and no rain at kickoff. Pass attack is on.