Rusk 0 Jasper 7/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Rusk 0 Jasper 7/FINAL

It takes me a little while to cool down. 
The immovable object is alive and well and the unstoppable force was proven to be very stoppable. 
The Jasper offense didn’t score much but they did a great job of keeping ours off the field in the 1st half. We ran 4 plays in the 1st quarter and 19 in the 2nd. 
Congrats to the Bulldogs and good luck moving forward 

I did not really care for the all black uniforms the DAWGS played in last night.

after thinking about it since though if they(uniforms) helped in any kind of way last night I hope Coach has got extra black ones stored away. 

our next opponent is not exactly what you call a cupcake(Carthage).

*I am not implying that any team the DAWGS have or will play are cupcakes.  

On 10/9/2021 at 10:11 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I did not really care for the all black uniforms the DAWGS played in last night.

after thinking about it since though if they(uniforms) helped in any kind of way last night I hope Coach has got extra black ones stored away. 

our next opponent is not exactly what you call a cupcake(Carthage).

*I am not implying that any team the DAWGS have or will play are cupcakes.  

I predict a Carthage win and this lost may look worse to Jasper fans than any other loss and its not for the reason you think. 

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

I predict a Carthage win and this lost may look worse to Jasper fans than any other loss and its not for the reason you think. 

uh? no clue what you mean. hell, I predict a Carthage win.

being completely honest the worse loss we have had was the Vidor game. holding them to 0 pts the whole game until the last minute.  what reasons do you speak of.

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

uh? no clue what you mean. hell, I predict a Carthage win.

being completely honest the worse loss we have had was the Vidor game. holding them to 0 pts the whole game until the last minute.  what reasons do you speak of.

This will be a measuring stick for the Carthage offense. I predict 14-0 or 7-0 and that's going to sting if it happens. If you guys had an offense to go with that defense, an upset wouldnt surprise me. I'd rather lose 30-0.

If Carthage scores 30+, I will know our offense is for real. If not, we're still the favorite for state but may get upset if we run into a good defense and an offense who can score a couple of tds

17 hours ago, ctown81 said:

This will be a measuring stick for the Carthage offense. I predict 14-0 or 7-0 and that's going to sting if it happens. If you guys had an offense to go with that defense, an upset wouldnt surprise me. I'd rather lose 30-0.

If Carthage scores 30+, I will know our offense is for real. If not, we're still the favorite for state but may get upset if we run into a good defense and an offense who can score a couple of tds

I agree 100%. Carthage is ripe for an upset this season. Reminds me of the 2018 Dawgs but our problem is on the opposite side of the ball. In 2018 it was our D that was a liability. In 2021 it is the offense. I think against subpar competition the offense is really good, but I’ll have to see them execute at a high level against a good defense before I’m not worried. They looked unstoppable against Center and I do believe games like that will help them build confidence, but I would love to see them look good this week against Jasper’s D.

3 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

I agree 100%. Carthage is ripe for an upset this season. Reminds me of the 2018 Dawgs but our problem is on the opposite side of the ball. In 2018 it was our D that was a liability. In 2021 it is the offense. I think against subpar competition the offense is really good, but I’ll have to see them execute at a high level against a good defense before I’m not worried. They looked unstoppable against Center and I do believe games like that will help them build confidence, but I would love to see them look good this week against Jasper’s D.

Hopefully we can put our worries away after this week b/c this is strongest defense we'll face the rest of the season.