Jasper 0 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 13/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

2 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

Barbay is a freaking clown in a coaches costume!  Jasper’s athletes deserve more.  The guy has consistently done JUST ENOUGH to not get fired for years.  I hope this is the year he finally gets canned! 

I don't know what his contract status is, but in this day and age a season like this will have people calling for a change. If I were coaching, those kids would be doing bear crawls and stadium steps until I got tired of watching them. (Probably why I'm not coaching...lol)

Jasper just doesn’t look that good this year, all across the field on both sides of the ball. Aside from the D line, I just don’t see the level of talent they usually have. I would be more upset at the coaches for last season, taking a team that actually had a squad and doing nothing with it. I was surprised they were an easy out in the first round of the playoffs, this year I’d be surprised if they made the playoffs. Now the constant penalties and mistakes would worry me, did you have a lot of that last year also?

13 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Jasper just doesn’t look that good this year, all across the field on both sides of the ball. Aside from the D line, I just don’t see the level of talent they usually have. I would be more upset at the coaches for last season, taking a team that actually had a squad and doing nothing with it. I was surprised they were an easy out in the first round of the playoffs, this year I’d be surprised if they made the playoffs. Now the constant penalties and mistakes would worry me, did you have a lot of that last year also?

The Bulldogs have traditionally been undisciplined, to be honest. I don't remember many seasons that we played clean football, but we've always had enough talent to overcome those mistakes. We're really good when everything comes together (2018 for example)...but when the talent isn't there and you make too many mistakes, you get a team like this one. I'm sure the coaches harp on all of this, but how coachable are the kids? It's on everybody. 

13 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

An easy out for the team that lost to Carthage in the regional championship.