Somerville 38 Hull-Daisetta 10/ FINAL

Aggieswife

HD getting killed. No aggression, energy or emotion at all, players or coaches. Embarrassing! Yes Somerville has some horses, but HD looks bad.
31-0 with 2 minutes left in half. 

Oh, yes HD is missing their starting QB, FB and 2 OL players, they didn’t suit up. But I don’t think it makes a difference tonight. Maybe the worst line play I’ve seen at HD in decades. 

1 hour ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

HD getting killed. No aggression, energy or emotion at all, players or coaches. Embarrassing! Yes Somerville has some horses, but HD looks bad.

Oh, yes HD is missing their starting QB, FB and 2 OL players, they didn’t suit up. But I don’t think it makes a difference tonight. Maybe the worst line play I’ve seen at HD in decades. 

Why were the HD players out? Injury?

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Somerville 38 Hull-Daisetta 10/ FINAL

Somerville had huge lineman, and some horses, they are a playoff team this year. HD gotta get tuff, some grit, some passion! It baffled everyone why Dawson was not featured at QB or Wildcat at all… The young backup QB had a tough night, the O-line got beat up. HD coaches gotta lot of evaluations to do, lots of getting the right kids on the field… 

I’m shocked! Wow! I agree with John that HD was very flat and no fire in 1st half. The starting QB Sellers being out starting FB Jeremiah out and missing two starters in the DL and OL Chris Warren and Cayden Robinson hurts big time. I have faith our Coaches will get the right kids on the field HD has talent we gotta get them healthy and off the sidelines! HD will be ok. The good news is Somerville is good and they would have beat anyone in our District tonight easily. HD will bounce back. 

14 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

I think you’re right about those missing kids, lots of huge holes out there tonight that you’re just not gonna fill with quality athletes at a 2A-II school. Somerville definitely didn’t look like a 3-6 team from last season. SV still wins handily with those kids in uniform but it’s definitely more competitive. 

Now on top of those kids being out don’t forget Junior Landon Victorian moving to Louisiana  last minute (HD leading rusher as a freshman in 2019) and HD’s do it all Junior scat back/DB Devante Broussard who also moved to Goose Creek Memorial over the summer. Along with Jeremiah and Sellers, that’s 4 key defensive starters out and 4/5 of your playmakers on offense who were expected to be out there (other than Dawson Victorian). 

On the same note note,congrats to Devante for a heck of a 5A debut for the Patriots against Klein Forrest leading GCM on offense with 11 receptions for 114 yards. That kid is hard to replace and he’s proving it at higher level competition. 

I was surprised Somerville looked like they did in warm ups, huge team, with several stud skill players, easily looked like a 4A team. I’m gonna follow how they do this year, I bet they do well in District, probably win a playoff game. Their NT was about 5’10 300lbs, the DT about 6’3 280, they played well. The QB was definitely a dual threat type, the RB’s and WR’s all were very athletic with speed. HD has to get healthy.