Enrollment

TradenupBH

55 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I was at orientation tonight at BH, and right now we’re at 1,971 HS kids. Freshman class is 571. We’re about to skyrocket in next couple of years. I say 4 more years we’ll be 6A.

That'll probably reach near 2K by Snapshot Day. Welcome to 5A D1 in 2022/2023 seasons new football district-mate. 

13 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

What I am trying to say is that the eventual 6A-ll district after the creation of a 7A may end up being similar to the current 5A-I district, number wise.

If BH grows like it is projected to, then the team grows larger and stronger too. With Absek's arrival, I think good days are ahead for BH football. 

BH aspires to be like SLC.  Unlike SLC, they won in 3A and 4A so the tradition was set when they hit 5A.  I predict BH will be food for the NS and Atascosita's of the world.  Even WB will have a seat at that table......

7 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

BH aspires to be like SLC.  Unlike SLC, they won in 3A and 4A so the tradition was set when they hit 5A.  I predict BH will be food for the NS and Atascosita's of the world.  Even WB will have a seat at that table......

BH is a long, long way off from being as big as Atascocita or North Shore. Don't hold your breath. 

Or actually you can if you want to, LOL. 

7 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I’m truly sorry that someone from BH hurt you. 

11 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I was at orientation tonight at BH, and right now we’re at 1,971 HS kids. Freshman class is 571. We’re about to skyrocket in next couple of years. I say 4 more years we’ll be 6A.

Hopefully the D2 cap moves closer to 1,950, otherwise Crosby will be making the move up in '22 also. Playoffs are definitely harder but I think BH would have a better chance winning district in 9-5A-D1 than they do 12-5A-D2. 

8 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

BH won a couple of titles in 1A in the '70s to SLC's three 3A titles in the late '80s and early '90s. SLC just became a lot more affluent and also happened to fall into a bunch of talent with ex-Cowboys' kids. BH will definitely be eaten by NS and Atascocita but other than Katy, who isn't? Westfield and maybe one of the Klein or Cypress schools?

I think BH will be a lot closer to Deer Park than any of those schools though. I think they've show that even with and enrollment of 4,000 and a high paid coach you're still going to lose by 40ppg to North Shore on a regular basis. 

I think all of the 5A/6A schools east of the Trinity are starting to slide down in enrollment comparable to the rest of the state, that may be a good thing though.  

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

BH will definitely be eaten by NS and Atascocita but other than Katy, who isn't? Westfield and maybe one of the Klein or Cypress schools?

Again, BH will not be aligned with (soon to be 7A) NS and Atascocita anytime soon. They are 2X as large. Even with the steady growth BH is no where close to that for many years. So the fantasy about BH being "eaten by NS and Atascocita" is just that, a hopeless fantasy dreamed up by the typical BH critics.   

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Again, BH will not be aligned with (soon to be 7A) NS and Atascocita anytime soon. They are 2X as large. Even with the steady growth BH is no where close to that for many years. So the fantasy about BH being "eaten by NS and Atascocita" is just that, a hopeless fantasy dreamed up by the typical BH critics.   

I didn’t realize we had so many BH hatters on here.  Pray tell, why is BH the hate target for so many?

7 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Again, BH is already at 1,971 meaning as long as they don't have kids skip on snapshot day they'll be 5A-D1 next alignment. That's up over 200 kids from last realignment. If they keep that same growth rate for the next alignment they would be bumping right up against the current 6A floor which is Austin Anderson at 2,211. In the '26 realignment they'll be around 2,400 kids and well into 6A. Summer Creek, Baytown Sterling, GCM, La Porte, Humble and CE King were half the size of North Shore in district play at one point too, what is was your point in mentioning that? Go look at Allen's district. 

7a isn't even a possibility until the '24 realignment and Stepp already said it isn't a given because it doesn't fix the smaller classes. BH just paid $2M to a guy many viewed as the best coach in Texas over a five year period to average a 3rd place finish in 5A-D2 district play. BH has 1/4 the talent Summer Creek does and they're still being destroyed by NS and Atascocita since moving up to 6A. Nobody is dreaming up anything, the numbers are the numbers.  

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

I didn’t realize we had so many BH hatters on here.  Pray tell, why is BH the hate target for so many?

Every school in our district that would have to move up and play North Shore would be eaten. BH is probably the next school to go which is why they're mentioned. Imagine the "hate" that would be on Crosby if we were moving into 6A? "Y'all are average here, y'all will suck in 6A". All you have to do is go back and look at the vitriol directed towards Summer Creek when they were here and about to move up and multiply it by 2. 

20 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

In the '26 realignment they'll be around 2,400 kids and well into 6A. Summer Creek, Baytown Sterling, GCM, La Porte, Humble and CE King were half the size of North Shore in district play at one point too, what is was your point in mentioning that? Go look at Allen's district. 

7a isn't even a possibility until the '24 realignment and Stepp already said it isn't a given because it doesn't fix the smaller classes. BH just paid $2M to a guy many viewed as the best coach in Texas over a five year period to average a 3rd place finish in 5A-D2 district play. BH has 1/4 the talent Summer Creek does and they're still being destroyed by NS and Atascocita since moving up to 6A. Nobody is dreaming up anything, the numbers are the numbers.  

If you look at how the UIL operates, they "consider" things before they do them, so not to catch schools, AD's, coaches and the public off guard. Also others like Stepp have said, the current squeeze due to all the new schools will have to be addressed. Its not optional. Far and away the most likely scenario is creation of a class 7A. Again, like I said, its going to shake out differently than the past. Stop looking back at how things "were". 

North Shore will certainly be 7A. Atascocita too. Actually BH is fortunate. Just as the BH numbers grow, the 7A is very likely created. You might as well just get over it. 

As far as Westerberg, heck yeah he was over paid and he underdelivered. I agree 100%. But that's history. Going into the 2021 season, who even cares? Why are you ranting about TW from the past you have no connection to? They just hired a much better coach. That's all that matters now. 

More importantly, why is BH living in your head 24/7? Since your almighty Cougars are the best team on the planet, why do you hate so much on lowly BH? I think you are rattled inside but won't admit it. 

20 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Every school in our district that would have to move up and play North Shore would be eaten. BH is probably the next school to go which is why they're mentioned. Imagine the "hate" that would be on Crosby if we were moving into 6A? "Y'all are average here, y'all will suck in 6A". All you have to do is go back and look at the vitriol directed towards Summer Creek when they were here and about to move up and multiply it by 2. 

No doubt about being eaten, but why hate on someone going up?  If they’re good, good riddance, one less buttock whipping.  I’m certainly no Crosby fan (except for playoffs) but if they moved up, I’d be pulling for them - it’s an underdog thing, especially if they played Atascocita or NS.  Lol, my “pull” would do little to help, but durn if they were pull off the upset, would make my day.  

Guess this comes under heading of, Different Strokes.

23 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

If you look at how the UIL operates, they "consider" things before they do them, so not to catch schools, AD's, coaches and the public off guard. Also others like Stepp have said, the current squeeze due to all the new schools will have to be addressed. Its not optional. Far and away the most likely scenario is creation of a class 7A. Again, like I said, its going to shake out differently than the past. Stop looking back at how things "were". 

North Shore will certainly be 7A. Atascocita too. Actually BH is fortunate. Just as the BH numbers grow, the 7A is very likely created. You might as well just get over it. 

As far as Westerberg, heck yeah he was over paid and he underdelivered. I agree 100%. But that's history. Going into the 2021 season, who even cares? Why are you ranting about TW from the past you have no connection to? They just hired a much better coach. That's all that matters now. 

More importantly, why is BH living in your head 24/7? Since your almighty Cougars are the best team on the planet, why do you hate so much on lowly BH? I think you are rattled inside but won't admit it. 

You're basing something off what MIGHT happen. Little Elm is in the district with Allen RIGHT NOW with nearly 5,000 less kids. That's not how things "were". That's what it is without the speculation. There's nothing to get over.

Highlighting that they hired a coach who was supposed to the best in Texas at the time and still were finishing third is a rant, lol? That statement was made to show that even with a great coach at your current talent level those were the results in 5A-D2. Meaning, I don't care if you add 900 kids to reach SC's enrollment, you're still going to be at a significant talent disadvantage when you move up.

Lol, imagine how idiotic the premise is that Abseck was a better coach than TW 5 years ago when he took the job? Abseck had been a head coach for one year at the time. Since then he's lost in the 2nd round once, the 3rd round three times and was blown out by 45 points against Denton Ryan in the title game last year. Now the guy with one ring from a team that was handed to him is "a much better coach"? There's probably not another football coach in Texas that isn't on Abseck's staff that agrees with you.  

As far as BH living in my head, trust me, I would rather be going back and forth with LilTex and BroncoPride who actually knew/know football. Our rival is down right now though and as such focus switches to other teams in the district. BHFan is more annoying than the Ned and PNG posters so I take more jabs at him. I do think I live inside your head though.

As far as being rattled, I wasn't rattled in the slightest when we lined up with 9X state champion Aledo. WTF would I be rattled regarding a team we've consistently abused with state championship coaches on the sideline? That's just a rinse and repeat to Crosby. 

56 minutes ago, Hagar said:

No doubt about being eaten, but why hate on someone going up?  If they’re good, good riddance, one less buttock whipping.  I’m certainly no Crosby fan (except for playoffs) but if they moved up, I’d be pulling for them - it’s an underdog thing, especially if they played Atascocita or NS.  Lol, my “pull” would do little to help, but durn if they were pull off the upset, would make my day.  

Guess this comes under heading of, Different Strokes.

What do you quantify as "hate"? Someone with an opinion who doesn't agree? When I was telling the SC fans they were going to get killed moving up into North Shore's district not a single soul on here said I was hating, and they were 20-0 the two regular seasons they spent in our district. I wonder what the difference is? I could see if what I was saying wasn't based in fact, but that's not the case. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What do you quantify as "hate"? Someone with an opinion who doesn't agree? When I was telling the SC fans they were going to get killed moving up into North Shore's district not a single soul on here said I was hating, and they were 20-0 the two regular seasons they spent in our district. I wonder what the difference is? I could see if what I was saying wasn't based in fact, but that's not the case. 

Whoa ye of little worldly knowledge.  Before you go on another mindless rant, show where I said you hated anyone (other than Vidor for apparently being the only team over here that can b-slap your Cougars 😂😂).  My initial response was to Sep Scientist about BH haters in general, and actually on several occasions outside this thread.  

Have a great day.

15 hours ago, Hagar said:

Whoa ye of little worldly knowledge.  Before you go on another mindless rant, show where I said you hated anyone (other than Vidor for apparently being the only team over here that can b-slap your Cougars 😂😂).  My initial response was to Sep Scientist about BH haters in general, and actually on several occasions outside this thread.  

Have a great day.

Lol, I most certainly will👍🏾