Blacks and Asians

23 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Your quote doesn’t mention white married couples. It mentions black children (46%), Hispanic children (40%), black children born to married couples (30% which I think is actually around 13%), black married couples (9.9%), native born and naturalized whites(both identical at 9.6%), naturalized blacks (11.8%), and native born blacks(25.1%)

Somehow you gathered from this information that the poverty rate between married black couples and married white couples is identical. LoL 

Just google white married couples poverty rate and click on the statista.com link. You’ll see the rate has been between 2.5% and 4.5% for the past 15 years.

In 2019 it had dropped to 6.4%. 

This is the hidden content, please

Why is it that systemic racism, white supremacy, and oppression seem to have little to no effect on black married couples?

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

In 2019 it had dropped to 6.4%. 

Why is it that systemic racism, white supremacy, and oppression seem to have little to no effect on black married couples?

It was 2.7% that same year for white married couples. I agree with half the point your making which I think is family structure is part of the black community’s problem. But if your saying race doesn’t also play a part in poverty rates your kidding yourself. 

AA poverty rate: 25%
white poverty rate: 10%

AA married couple poverty rate: 6%
White married couple poverty rate: 3%

Any way you look at it the black poverty rate is twice as much as the white poverty rate 

13 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

It was 2.7% that same year for white married couples. I agree with half the point your making which I think is family structure is part of the black community’s problem. But if your saying race doesn’t also play a part in poverty rates your kidding yourself. 

Any way you look at it the black poverty rate is twice as much as the white poverty rate 

Are these differences due to a woe is me attitude that has been handed down from prior generations?

13 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Here’s the problem. Disparity doesn’t prove discrimination. But that’s all anybody wants to talk about.  One person can look at the statistics and recognize that black people kill more people than anybody else. Not per capita… black people make up 13% of the population, but commit over half of total murders annually. A rational person would expect there to be more black people serving time for murder, right? Wrong. Most blacks (and liberal whites) see the fact that more black people in prison for murder as proof that the criminal justice system is racist. 

Personal choices are almost exclusively the cause of individual outcomes… not imagined prejudices, ie “systemic racism.” You know, “we can’t point out specific examples, but the mere fact that you have more than me proves all of you are racist.” 
Unless your premise is that “the outcomes aren’t equal, so therefore the government should take from people that look like you and give to people that look like me and if you don’t agree, you’re a bigot.” 

Black people will never create any generational wealth transfer by way of passing down property if they live in subsidized housing.  When you mention this is turns right back into “predatory lending practices” discussions and other ways to shift blame. Black people don’t do estate planning or bother to have their affairs handled upon their passing. That’s not being mean… that’s a fact of which you are certainly aware. But once again, the fact that all four of my grandparents had their estates handled after their passing and I doubt that many black people can say the same is somehow privilege on my part. It’s not… taking care of your business has nothing to do with race. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

1. Here’s the problem. Disparity doesn’t prove discrimination. But that’s all anybody wants to talk about.  One person can look at the statistics and recognize that black people kill more people than anybody else. Not per capita… black people make up 13% of the population, but commit over half of total murders annually. A rational person would expect there to be more black people serving time for murder, right? Wrong. Most blacks (and liberal whites) see the fact that more black people in prison for murder as proof that the criminal justice system is racist. 

2. Personal choices are almost exclusively the cause of individual outcomes… not imagined prejudices, ie “systemic racism.” You know, “we can’t point out specific examples, but the mere fact that you have more than me proves all of you are racist.” 
Unless your premise is that “the outcomes aren’t equal, so therefore the government should take from people that look like you and give to people that look like me and if you don’t agree, you’re a bigot.” 

3. Black people will never create any generational wealth transfer by way of passing down property if they live in subsidized housing.  When you mention this is turns right back into “predatory lending practices” discussions and other ways to shift blame. Black people don’t do estate planning or bother to have their affairs handled upon their passing. That’s not being mean… that’s a fact of which you are certainly aware. But once again, the fact that all four of my grandparents had their estates handled after their passing and I doubt that many black people can say the same is somehow privilege on my part. It’s not… taking care of your business has nothing to do with race. 

1. Blacks are convicted of murders largely because blacks commit more murders. Blacks commit more murders because blacks are more likely to be involved in criminal activities. Criminal activities lead to those situations that end in murder. One of the reasons blacks are more likely to be involved in criminal activities is poverty as I’ve been trying to point out to you but you seem to think that blacks are just shittier people than the rest of humans. You also have to be aware of cases like the Cameron Terrell kid in L.A. and account incidents like those into your equation for why blacks are convicted more. 

2. Your right personal choices are almost always the cause of individual outcomes. But you have to realize culture and surroundings effect personal choices especially among kids and young adults. You also have to realize poverty, hopelessness, desperation, and things like that effect culture when it’s heavy on a group of people.

3. Whenever people like you start talking about how your grandparents passed this and that down to you I think about how we started with a disadvantage due to slavery and still were able to build the community in Tulsa before it was burnt to the ground . Maybe some people’s grandparents weren’t able to pass anything down because of events like that. 

8 hours ago, Setx fan said:

1. Blacks are convicted of murders largely because blacks commit more murders. Blacks commit more murders because blacks are more likely to be involved in criminal activities. Criminal activities lead to those situations that end in murder. One of the reasons blacks are more likely to be involved in criminal activities is poverty as I’ve been trying to point out to you but you seem to think that blacks are just shittier people than the rest of humans. You also have to be aware of cases like the Cameron Terrell kid in L.A. and account incidents like those into your equation for why blacks are convicted more. 

2. Your right personal choices are almost always the cause of individual outcomes. But you have to realize culture and surroundings effect personal choices especially among kids and young adults. You also have to realize poverty, hopelessness, desperation, and things like that effect culture when it’s heavy on a group of people.

3. Whenever people like you start talking about how your grandparents passed this and that down to you I think about how we started with a disadvantage due to slavery and still were able to build the community in Tulsa before it was burnt to the ground . Maybe some people’s grandparents weren’t able to pass anything down because of events like that. 

There you go again. You start off with an accurate assessment of the problem, but then veer off into “but it’s not their fault. Slavery 150 years ago=poverty now.” It’s a lie. A big fat lie spread by apologists who prefer to ignore the real causes because it’s easier to blame others for our own misfortunes. I’ve never once accused anybody of being “lesser” than me…. Because in my heart I don’t believe that… God created us all as equals but what happens after that is our own doing. 
I’m not familiar with Cameron Terrell is this him?

2. Once again, you start off correctly, then swing off into “but it’s not really their fault.” Murder is murder, whether you’re wearing athletic gear shooting somebody over crack in the inner city or a wife shooting her cheating husband on the other side of town. They both pulled pulled the trigger and took a life. The problem is that the first scenario we’ll all focus on how the kid didn’t have a father in his life, lived in poverty, etc, etc…. Which has nothing to do with the actual crime committed. NOTHING. 

3.  That’s the funny part that you don’t understand.  I’m almost 50 and haven’t inherited anything… my parents are both still alive. My first grandmother died young pre ‘92 without a will so my mom/uncle had to give their inherited interest to the family home back to my grandfather. He later remarried a couple of times and eventually died before his last wife. But they both had wills despite only owning a house worth <$75k when they passed. My mom and uncle inherited and the house was sold.

On the other side my grandfather died first and his will left everything to my grandmother.  My grandmother’s will left everything to my dad, aunt, and uncle. It also was probated and the only real property (a single family dwelling) was deeded to the aunt who already lived there caring for my grandmother. There actually were some other assets in that estate, but they didn’t pass all of the way down to me. Other than my grandfather’s Model 12 Winchester or a few of the other one’s tools, I haven’t inherited anything from anybody. The fact is that even though they didn’t have much, their business was handled. Even funnier? Every one of them grew up dirt floor poor! If you live in America and are born poor and die poor, you’re just bad with money. That’s a fact. You make bad decisions. 

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

There you go again. You start off with an accurate assessment of the problem, but then veer off into “but it’s not their fault. Slavery 150 years ago=poverty now.” It’s a lie. A big fat lie spread by apologists who prefer to ignore the real causes because it’s easier to blame others for our own misfortunes. I’ve never once accused anybody of being “lesser” than me…. Because in my heart I don’t believe that… God created us all as equals but what happens after that is our own doing. 
I’m not familiar with Cameron Terrell is this him?

2. Once again, you start off correctly, then swing off into “but it’s not really their fault.” Murder is murder, whether you’re wearing athletic gear shooting somebody over crack in the inner city or a wife shooting her cheating husband on the other side of town. They both pulled pulled the trigger and took a life. The problem is that the first scenario we’ll all focus on how the kid didn’t have a father in his life, lived in poverty, etc, etc…. Which has nothing to do with the actual crime committed. NOTHING. 

3.  That’s the funny part that you don’t understand.  I’m almost 50 and haven’t inherited anything… my parents are both still alive. My first grandmother died young pre ‘92 without a will so my mom/uncle had to give their inherited interest to the family home back to my grandfather. He later remarried a couple of times and eventually died before his last wife. But they both had wills despite only owning a house worth <$75k when they passed. My mom and uncle inherited and the house was sold.

On the other side my grandfather died first and his will left everything to my grandmother.  My grandmother’s will left everything to my dad, aunt, and uncle. It also was probated and the only real property (a single family dwelling) was deeded to the aunt who already lived there caring for my grandmother. There actually were some other assets in that estate, but they didn’t pass all of the way down to me. Other than my grandfather’s Model 12 Winchester or a few of the other one’s tools, I haven’t inherited anything from anybody. The fact is that even though they didn’t have much, their business was handled. Even funnier? Every one of them grew up dirt floor poor! If you live in America and are born poor and die poor, you’re just bad with money. That’s a fact. You make bad decisions. 

Those last few statements make for a drop the mic moment.  It’s never their fault, to easy to blame someone/something else!