Big Foot??

tvc184

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Hagar said:

Several years back, with the usual bunch of nothing on my however many hundreds of useless channels,, was watching a Bigfoot hunting show.  They had one local - I think it was around Spurger.  Paper Mill smell keeps them outta Evadale.  😂👽😂

I may have seen the same show. I remember one of the local outdoor reporters, Chester Moore I think was his name. They were somewhere out in the big thicket.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

A lil bit off topic and more likely to be seen. Has anyone else seen these grasshoppers? Yellow black and red. They're all over my yard. I'll start killing them now that I know they are a destructive pest.

Don’t see them often but they can take over an area quickly.  Don’t seem to have many natural enemies as I remember.  

15 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Better not eat the Eastern Lubber!!😳

And I thought about asking if you had a recipe for them. Maybe curry grasshopper. Lol

Interestingly, the eastern lubber has a toxic substance that can make potential predators, such as the opossum and certain species of birds, violently ill should they eat one of the grasshoppers.  Birds are even known to die due to the toxin in an eastern lubber dinner.  Their bright colors serve as a warning for potential predators to stay away.  Should you try to pick up an eastern lubber, it may very well hiss at you and secrete a smelly foam-like substance onto your hand.

21 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

And I thought about asking if you had a recipe for them. Maybe curry grasshopper. Lol

Interestingly, the eastern lubber has a toxic , such as the opossum and certain species of birds, violently ill should they eat one of the grasshoppers.  Birds are even known to die due to the toxin in an eastern lubber dinner.  Their bright colors serve as a warning for potential predators to stay away.  Should you try to pick up an eastern lubber, it may very well hiss at you and secrete a smelly foam-like substance onto your hand.

I think my mother in law cooks with eastern lubbers…. 🤮