Montgomery 13 Nederland 4 Final..Montgomery Advances

Nederland had it's chance to get back but just booted the ballgame away. Montgomery had a lot to do with as they really hit the ball and played almost flawless defense.

BigNed really over achieved with almost a completely new lineup this year. Many picked them out of playoffs or squeezing in at third.

Look for this team to be back again next year.

madison smith good luck in the futureat lamar and thanks for letting me a good baseball player.we will be a batter ball clubs next year because of you.the jrs,and soph. produce more thann the srs,.yesterday i seen sr that acted like they didn't care.mosely and mcfarland pick there game there game up at the end of the season like everyone should do.and our MVP smith got better every game he pitch thanks again MR.SMITH

Great year to Nederland. Props to Coach Robbins for taking a team that many thought would squeeze into the playoffs and not be a big factor...guess they proved us wrong, huh? This team is loaded for next year (especially if their pitching develops enough to replace Smith as their front guy).

I also think that the 'Dogs success proves another point - it is always better to play a tough non-district schedule. They played in 3 highly competitive tourneys (and a very competitive district). By the time the playoffs hit, they were ready for that kind of pressure.

Do we think they're the forerunner next season in 20-4A?

Congrats on a great season. You always like the teams that achieve and over-achieve. Lot to be proud of down in Mid County.

Sure is tough to see an "L" put by a pitcher's name when he is doing his job creating ground ball outs, and the defense can't deliver. When routine outs end up scoring on you, you're in big trouble. These two guys hadn't pitched in more than a month. Were we prepared for a best-of-three series?

Guest Penny

Baddog... every team in the state rides 2-3 pitchers in district, so heck yes Nederland was ready for a best of 3. Don't go second guessing a team that made such a tremendous run and a coach who orchestrated it... absolutely no class on your part.

Penny,

Let me respond to you like this:

1. Don't ever make a personal attack on my character by calling me classless. You are not the epitome of class.

2. If a coach/manager cannot handle second guessing, he/she needs to find another profession.

3. If you honestly believe that a managerial decision could not have been made in game 3 that would have at least curtailed the bleeding of unearned runs, then you are simply a blind follower....something I will never be. To question authority is to have free will, to sit back and say nothing is gutless.

Baddog' date=' what position are you in to question any high school baseball coach. Esp. Nederland's????[/quote']

Wow man, I think your statement says it all. How dare me question the managerial decisions of a high school baseball game..."ESPECIALLY NEDERLAND?" Gee, I sometimes question the president of the United States, but that's okay, as long as he isn't from Nederland? LMAO.

I'll try and qualify your question with this appropriate answer. I applied for my second guessing certificate a week ago. They said it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery, but gave me an honorary certificate until I receive the laminated one.

Did you see the game? If you did, then you know what I am talking about. It's not rocket science.

Let me get this straight. You are making fun of people who are debating on the internet and you post a picture of a handicapped kid and referring to him as a retard? That's really not very funny in my book and, but for the grace of God, there go you. If you have nothing of substance to add to the debate, I suggest you go to another thread.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder