Beaumont Central at Dayton Predictions?

Guest TravelingBandsman

You don't realize that we lost to Dayton last year by 1 point.  Last year, we also beat Vidor by 1 score.  Remember, last years Jag team was on a different level then this team.  You see, my point is, we have the athletes to compete with anyone.  Yea, our defense isnt' as good as it was in recent years.  Our HC is a defensive minded coach.  He will have a game plan to have Dayton making adjustments early.  The thing is, it wont be easy, by any means.  It's win out time, and we're focused on Dayton.  Ask them, they know we have weapons to compete with them.

No doubt Central has the atheletes to compete with anyone. There problem I believe is similar to Vidors getting the kids to step up and make plays when it counts is alot of the problem.To many kids taking a play off here and there.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bmtsoulja, I have seen what Central can do if they want it bad enough. The second half of our game was totally different than the first. It may have been some letup by our players due to the lopsided score, but I think it was more that Central buckled down and played football. If they want this Dayton game bad enough, it could be close. Play like you did in the first half against us and it will be ugly. Getting a team up for games is on the coaches, but the players also have to have some self-motivation. Good luck.

There are some players that was on the field last year when we lost to Dayton.  I think this will be on them to get the team fired up.  We'll need everything clicking not just on defense, but offense to take down the Broncos. 

No doubt Central has the atheletes to compete with anyone. There problem I believe is similar to Vidors getting the kids to step up and make plays when it counts is alot of the problem.To many kids taking a play off here and there.
Unexcusable.  They should be sitting onthe end of the bench.  I'd rather lose to players that try then players that slack.

Unexcusable.  They should be sitting onthe end of the bench.  I'd rather lose to players that try then players that slack.

Very true Soulja! I would take a freshman or soph that is giving me everything he has on every play than a so called stud thats gonna give me what he has when he wants to.

Sure would love to see Central win but i think Dayton may pull away   :'( :'( :'(

Me too, but I just can't stand watching us this year. It's bad for the health. All that screaming is taking a toll on my throat. I'm taking a break this week, going see EC and Buna. Play well Jags,please!!!!!!!!

Guest TravelingBandsman

I truely didn't expect the way the 1-2-3 is looking this year. I was sure it was gonna be another 1-2 battle between Dayton and Beaumont Central, and a 3 battle between Port Neches-Groves and Nederland, but everything changes.

While I kinda like Beaumont Central's spirit and integrity, judging my what's happened in the season I'm gonna go with Dayton still.

Naw just losing Brandon's changed us. Not, to metion the other seniors of last year. We're not very good. We've got the talent to run the board, But.

I am going to pick Central 35-28. If I am wrong I am wrong, but that would be my guess.

I think Central is better than their record and they are due for a win. I still am not convinced that Dayton has what they have had the last couple of years.  This week will tell a lot about Dayton.

I am going to pick Central 35-28. If I am wrong I am wrong, but that would be my guess.

I think Central is better than their record and they are due for a win. I still am not convinced that Dayton has what they have had the last couple of years.   This week will tell a lot about Dayton.

Whoa MikeEast, still got Faith in my Jags? We'll see. ;D

Whoa MikeEast, still got Faith in my Jags? We'll see. ;D

I think Central is due, and I am not convinced that Dayton is really that good just yet. Not saying that it will be an easy win for Central, just saying that I think Central is just as likely to come out with the W as Dayton is.

Naw just losing Brandon's changed us. Not, to metion the other seniors of last year. We're not very good. We've got the talent to run the board, But.

I did not like this post from a Jag!  Brandon was phenominal last year but that was a good team out there too.  I think the coaches put too much on Fobbs and Brandon kind of spoiled them last year but Fobbs is not Brandon.  Now the coaches are trying to use the other talents to compliment Fobbs instead of the other way around.  I do beliive the Spike kid should be the safety and Thomas should be line backer and it would help us tackling having those two spirited monstars on D.  The defense as of now has no leader and I have noticed that this is the first year that the coach has chosen to put his best players on offense instead of defense.  I think this was a bad move for a defensive minded coach.  I think he may have to bite the bullet and have a few kids play both ways, spelling them periodically.  This is still a bigger and stronger team than last year with no fall off in spoeed!  If the O-line decides they want to play we can and will beat Dayton.  Other wise we may be in trouble.  I still havent seen this team come together but I beleive they are capable!

I did not like this post  other way around.  I do beliive the Spike kid should be the safety and Thomas should be line backer and it would help us tackling having those two spirited monstars on D.  The defense as of now has no leader and I have noticed that this is the first year that the coach has chosen to put his best players on offense instead of defense.  I think this was a bad move for a defensive minded coach.  I think he may have to bite the bullet and have a few kids play both ways, spelling them periodically.  This is still a bigger and stronger team than last year with no fall off in spoeed!  If the O-line decides they want to play we can and will beat Dayton.  Other wise we may be in trouble.  I still havent seen this team come together but I beleive they are capable!

Sorry you feel that way shorttexas. Yea I'm dissapointed also. We've got athletes that I think can help the team, and in some instances i feel we simply are not utilizing them correctly. I'm not the coach, and I'm not going to be too critical on him and his staff, but I just feel how I feel. I'm a Central fan for life. I'll back them for life. When my son play in the Enoch Dixon era, I felt the same way. We didn't utilize our talent correctly. Hey I'm serious I need a break from all that screaming I be doing. I want to see my Jags do well so bad. It's frustrating to me. I see our potential. Hey I'm still Jag proof, but I'm also honest. Luv my Jags to death and will be burning up my cell battery checking up on them this Friday. But, my health is going to be alot better seeing two other power houses beat up on each other for a change.  ;)

Sorry you feel that way shorttexas. Yea I'm dissapointed also. We've got athletes that I think can help the team, and in some instances i feel we simply are not utilizing them correctly. I'm not the coach, and I'm not going to be too critical on him and his staff, but I just feel how I feel. I'm a Central fan for life. I'll back them for life. When my son play in the Enoch Dixon era, I felt the same way. We didn't utilize our talent correctly. Hey I'm serious I need a break from all that screaming I be doing. I want to see my Jags do well so bad. It's frustrating to me. I see our potential. Hey I'm still Jag proof, but I'm also honest. Luv my Jags to death and will be burning up my cell battery checking up on them this Friday. But, my health is going to be alot better seeing two other power houses beat up on each other for a change.  ;)

Ok I fell that!!!  I am in this trink22.gif mode now myself.  We have been talnted and have not had the coaching to get us over the hump...  I am an Enoch era player (didn't start) and I know we have had some tremendous talent and not used the properly!

I'm not sure the seniors from last year left a lasting impression on the then young guns to the now starters.  We had same great tacklers last year, and for this year, players armtackling and Letting RB's that torch us consistantly for 100 + yards and against other defenses are non-existant is unexcusable.  I Do believe that the offensive change will greatly increase our chances though and put some pressure on Daytons defense.  Just like Short said, we need to block somebody.  I still say Jags by 7 pts.

It's GUT CHECK TIME,Lets get er done!!!!No excuses,we need to go out an execute a perfect game plan. Dayton is wondering what Jags are going to show up Friday,same as us. Win out or go home! I dont want to back into playoffs,it's statement time! Go Jags,play tough

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0