Coach (S) Of The Year So Far?

Guest Kelly Football

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5A--still up in the air

4A--Creuder  quite the turn around.  I think they will make the playoffs but would love to see them win the district first.  This coach has definitely got something going out there in Lumberton.  I am impressed with what I have read about the kids being involved in a summer track program.  I know they play a lot of baseball out there and as a former track coach I know hwo hard it is to talk kids into running more than 90 feet.  I coached out there when Coach Creuder was our film guy, 1982.  Remember that coach?  lol

3A--Madigan (sp?) HF  good to see HF being competitive. 

2A--Haynes 2-8 to hopefully 10-0 this year.  EC has the tradition, would love to see them get past Mart and further into the playoffs, if that happened, I would vote for Valastro (sp?)

1A--?

Privates--Long-- Hearing great things about Kelly

my apologies for any misspelled last names

I dunno about 4a. I think there is a really good argument for Coach Matt Burnett and his yet to be defeated in district PNG Indians. The good people of Port Neches were dead seriously ready to string him up just over 2 weeks ago, and now he sits solidly atop the district and the "Always be faithful to Purple and White" are feeling like winners again.

Not to take anything away from Lumbertons coach, he has done a great job with the Raiders this year and is a good candidate but after PNG had been pronounced dead by the PNG "faithful" I seriously think Coach Burnett and crew deserve some serious LOVE.

I can not speak for the rest of the classifications, however Walt Mangan

in his first year at 21-3A HF gets my vote. He has brought back the HF pride and

winning tradition that we have enjoyed in the past and hopefully well into

the future. He stepped into a really tough distict and now has our kids poised

for a shot at the playoffs, not an easy feate given the competition. Good Luck

Coach Mangan and please stay on at HF for a while.

I am still casting a vote for Walt even though he had bump in the road against Jasper. I hope

he has the Horns ready for OF, this could be an upset in the making.

Guest FPHS 78

With 3 weeks left who would you say up to this point would be coach of the year in each classification?

5a-well all we have is pam and brook----stump

4a-lumberton's coach-hands down

3a-my computer wont spell stark's coach ;D

2a-buna's coach

1a-high island---feel good story

tapps-long--GO DAWGS

Agree

I agree completely.  I think you gotta give Coach Franklin up in Chester a nod.  Those guys finished the season with 12 kids last year and were in danger of losing the program.  They have good numbers, not enough for JV yet, and are competing well. But like I said, I agree with the list posted.

I agree completely.  I think you gotta give Coach Franklin up in Chester a nod.  Those guys finished the season with 12 kids last year and were in danger of losing the program.  They have good numbers, not enough for JV yet, and are competing well. But like I said, I agree with the list posted.

Good point.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder