Lumberton Visits the Reservation

Lumberton has a pretty good team this year...they have a good defense, a good running back. However....it's gonna be extremely tough to come into the Reservation a week after PNG upsetting Nederland and win. Gonna be alot of CRAZY LOUD fans there still pumped from last week. Our boys are gonna have alot of confidence and momentum. One thing is for sure....Lumberton has arrived to play in their first EVER big game...can they handle the pressure? We will see....this type of game is second nature for our boys at PNG. Again ..im not taking anything away from Lumberton....they may pull off a victory ....but I believe its gonna take alot more than a decent running game to beat PNG at home following Mid County Madness. If you Lumberton fans don't beleive that...go talk to some Nederland fans or players. One more thing...ya better bring some earplugs cause it's gonna be loud.

Prediction

PN-G 35

Lumberton 17

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all congrats to Lumberton hope you continue to do well after this game. PN-G is a really sound football team this year. So is your Raiders. I like what cherokee has said about this being the biggest game of Lumbertons football program. It may have a bigger one later but for now this is as big as it has been. PN-G has been here time and time again. We understand were you are this week and for the next several weeks were you will be as fans of a winning program. Remember we as fans of Mid County Schools will be your biggest supporters if you make the playoffs I for one will be there if we are not playing at the same time. So goodluck to you on your quest for your best season ever but be wary this week of PN-G they are not going to lay down for you.

Gooodluck to you and see you at the game.

PN-G 28

L-Town 14

I grew up in Lumberton and now live in Tennessee.  I would LOVE to be able to be at this game.  I have always liked PNG too.  It will be very tough to go to the Reservation and win, however I hope that the Raiders can keep it up.  I have never seen Lumberton play this way.  My dad was at the Lumberton/Central game this last week and he called me twice from the game and I have never heard what I heard at a Lumberton game last Friday.  I hope that Lumberton brings just as much noise as I know PNG will.  PNG games are so much fun, there is so much spirit and the band is awesome!  Good Luck to both teams.  I really hope Lumberton comes out with a win at the Reservation though!!!!!  Both teams have tremendous momentum this year and I will be listening to the game on the internet!

Lumberton 21

PNG 17

I understand what you are saying about this being a big game for us.

To other teams that have had winning records and have been there before, our wins over Dayton and Central may not mean much...but to  us they were very big games. What I'm talking about is the mindset of the players.  For years we have been on the losing end and it's hard for the players to have the mentality that they can win.  Beating Dayton and Central (whether or not they are as good as in past years) has been a big boost for our boys.  Now, they know they can win. I believe that attitude is everything. They go in to the games believing they can win and it shows in how they play.  And I attribute a lot of that to the excellent coaching staff we have.

So, I do think they will be prepared to handle the pressure. We know what this game means and that it will not be easy.  It will be a hard fought game.  I can't wait!!  

P.S.  I hope you do get a chance to root for us in the playoffs as we have always rooted for you in the past ;)  

I just think the raiders have to look at this as just another district game. You can't put so much into this game. Yes, the winner is most likely to win district ,but the loser is still very likely to make the playoffs. However, either way whoever wins it will be a close game. Both teams are going to be able to run the ball. Which ever quarterback makes the least mistakes should be a big factor.

Guest beards_bro

Lumberton fans will travel with the team as they always do and we will fill whatever room there is on the visitors side of the Rez. We will try our best to offer some kind of home field advantage even though we will be away. We will be as loud as possible when PNG's offense has the ball just as if we were at Raider Stadium. This will be Lumberton's biggest game yet, I agree....but I do want to say that the Dayton & Central games were big games for Lumberton as they finished 1 & 2 last year in district, and we have gained some valuable experience from those two games. I think that will help to calm the nerves for the PNG game this Fri.

Guest beards_bro

If PNG defeats our Raiders and wins distrtict and goes to the playoffs, I will definitely go and support them against whoever they play. I, and I'm sure other Raider fans appreciate the support PNG has been giving us over the last few weeks on here and on the FRi. nite sports talk show. I can't say the same for many, but not all, Nederland fans from what I've been hearing lately. I've heard my share of rude comments among other things. I think PNG fans show a lot of class.

Guest BIG HOUSE

Its true,the reservation is a hard place to play.....PNG has a great fan base and it will be loud......But be sure of one thing,THE RAIDERS are coming to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

We will come over there outmatched with no athletes,no speed, and no momentum........... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ::) ::) ::)

But these little Lumberton Boys will show up anyway.....with a pretty darn GOOD DEFENSE of their own....so buckle up those chin straps and get ready for a battle,we'll be ready............... :-* :-* :-* :-*

L-TRAIN keeps ROLLING

Goodness, I feel Lumberton coming in off big wins against Dayton and Central will come to the Rez on just as much a high as PNG following MCM. So, I guess that is a wash. Both teams are similar and it should be a heck of a game. Looking forward to Hussey vs. Hemmings.

Goodness, I feel Lumberton coming in off big wins against Dayton and Central will come to the Rez on just as much a high as PNG following MCM. So, I guess that is a wash. Both teams are similar and it should be a heck of a game. Looking forward to Hussey vs. Hemmings.

I somewhat agree although I do not believe Dayton or Central is nearly the teams they were last season. Lumberton is no doubt gonna be a true test for our defense against the run. Im not sure on Lumbertons passing game so I won't throw that into the mix....however I think the defense's are probably a wash....passing game ....possibly a wash and running game if considering hemmings vs. hussey a wash....however the tie breaker for me is the recent explosion of Josh Wright onto the scene. I think this Juniour runner is just beggining to show his true stuff and will prove to be the big difference in the game. This kid is for real and is a true threat....if ANY team can keep this guy from turning the corners they have done something. This is the BEST 1 - 2 punch in the backfield since old thunder and lighting in PNG's glory days. Im sticking by my predicition but in all honesty....i wouldnt be suprised to see lumberton win...i don't think they will but ...gotta give credit where credit is due...lumberton has a nice team.

I somewhat agree although I do not believe Dayton or Central is nearly the teams they were last season. Lumberton is no doubt gonna be a true test for our defense against the run. Im not sure on Lumbertons passing game so I won't throw that into the mix....however I think the defense's are probably a wash....passing game ....possibly a wash and running game if considering hemmings vs. hussey a wash....however the tie breaker for me is the recent explosion of Josh Wright onto the scene. I think this Juniour runner is just beggining to show his true stuff and will prove to be the big difference in the game. This kid is for real and is a true threat....if ANY team can keep this guy from turning the corners they have done something. This is the BEST 1 - 2 punch in the backfield since old thunder and lighting in PNG's glory days. Im sticking by my predicition but in all honesty....i wouldnt be suprised to see lumberton win...i don't think they will but ...gotta give credit where credit is due...lumberton has a nice team.

I agree about Josh Wright the one two punch does give an added advantage in the backfield. He was a pleasant surprise for us this year, especially having him back next year.

Lumberton has a pretty good team this year...they have a good defense, a good running back. However....it's gonna be extremely tough to come into the Reservation a week after PNG upsetting Nederland and win. Gonna be alot of CRAZY LOUD fans there still pumped from last week. Our boys are gonna have alot of confidence and momentum. One thing is for sure....Lumberton has arrived to play in their first EVER big game...can they handle the pressure? We will see....this type of game is second nature for our boys at PNG. Again ..im not taking anything away from Lumberton....they may pull off a victory ....but I believe its gonna take alot more than a decent running game to beat PNG at home following Mid County Madness. If you Lumberton fans don't beleive that...go talk to some Nederland fans or players. One more thing...ya better bring some earplugs cause it's gonna be loud.

Prediction

PN-G 35

Lumberton 17

your not to too smart are ya? for one. how do you not consider dayton a big game? if we didn't win that one then we would have playoff chances. and a DECENT running game? 256 yards of DECENTNESS? we ran 2 different runs plays the entire game against central. and they didn't come close to stopping us! and you seriously think were scared of noise? we know exactly how it will be, and we will be prepared for it!

your not to too smart are ya? for one. how do you not consider dayton a big game? if we didn't win that one then we would have playoff chances. and a DECENT running game? 256 yards of DECENTNESS? we ran 2 different runs plays the entire game against central. and they didn't come close to stopping us! and you seriously think were scared of noise? we know exactly how it will be, and we will be prepared for it!

Apparently your not too smart.....2 different run plays the entire game and your big back ran for 256 (actually it was 254) yards??? Hahaha sounds like Centrals run defense was really good. Come try and run 2 different run plays all night in Port Neches and see what happens...I said they arent the team they were last season. If you don't think home field advantage and noise plays a role in football I guess you didnt see that Dallas game last week in Buffalo or have never watched Florida State enter the Swamp and play. Anyhow...Ive never said anything to put Lumberton down....in fact just the opposite....they got a really really good team this year but don't be fooled into thinking your playing Central again this friday night because it's gonna be a big big difference. You guys are steppin on the field with the Big Dawgs now...if ya beat us...then wonderful job and you will hear nothing but praise from me....but it isnt gonna come easy. Time will tell what The Lumberton Raiders are made of..... i think this weekend is a true test to that. I know what the PN_G Indians are made of...they are made of countless playoff runs....75 years of tradition, purple blood, sweat, and tears... numerous heartbreaks. These kids are born and raised to strap it on fridays nights and defend the reservation from the time they are old enough to say the word "Cherokee". Ever been to a PN-G elementary school pep rally??? It's bread into them ...

however much you may think Lumberton will be ready for the challenge that may or may not be the case....but I can promise you this much...the purple side of the ball will be ready because in Port Neches and Groves it's more than a game .... it's a way of life. Again...good luck this weekend and may the best team win...and either way no hard feelings...Lumberton has a classy program so far and would be a good representative for our district in the playoffs.

Guest maverick24

Just remember Noise from the stands, Pride,Tradition,Purple Blood nor Tears will win this game. I dont care what team is on the other side or what the fans think trust me the coaches know they are steping on the field with the #1 ranked Defense in this District. PNG has a few good backs but their weakness will be in their O Line. I am not saying that they wont run for 300 yards against everyone else in district but dont look for it Friday night. Your coaches know this so look for some trick plays and some quick screens and slants. This game could come down to the kicking game Punting,kickoffs and FG's. I hope the weather is good and we have good Refs. I have no doubt that the best team and coaches will win, if that is PNG I will tell yall Great Game and we will prepare for next week.  Good Luck to both teams.

Just remember Noise from the stands, Pride,Tradition,Purple Blood nor Tears will win this game. I dont care what team is on the other side or what the fans think trust me the coaches know they are steping on the field with the #1 ranked Defense in this District. PNG has a few good backs but their weakness will be in their O Line. I am not saying that they wont run for 300 yards against everyone else in district but dont look for it Friday night. Your coaches know this so look for some trick plays and some quick screens and slants. This game could come down to the kicking game Punting,kickoffs and FG's. I hope the weather is good and we have good Refs. I have no doubt that the best team and coaches will win, if that is PNG I will tell yall Great Game and we will prepare for next week.  Good Luck to both teams.

Maverick24, you can stop blowing smoke in our tee-pee now.  Lumberton's defense  might be fast but they lack in size up front.  The PNG line blew Big Ozen, Little LCM, and Bid Nederland's front four off the ball all night.  This will be another sweet victory for our boys again this week to knock off another undefeated team in our district, let alone the year.

Lamar1996

You might want to check those stats again against Ozen.........looked like they out gained PNG

Your are 100% right about the rushing stats.  I was mainly talking about the way our o-line matched up against their d-line.  We had 4 dumb play calling that turn into int.  If we would have ran the ball more that game the stats would have been there, plus it was the 1st district game.  Lumberton had a tough opener against Dayton, then ya'll destroyed Vidor & Central the next two weeks.  Friday will be the best game of the year for both teams.  Good Luck.

It should be a great one.  Too close to call.  Have to pull for Lumberton for selfish reasons  :D but wouldn't bet against either team.  It's a fun time of year watching the unbeatens play.

I somewhat agree although I do not believe Dayton or Central is nearly the teams they were last season. Lumberton is no doubt gonna be a true test for our defense against the run. Im not sure on Lumbertons passing game so I won't throw that into the mix....however I think the defense's are probably a wash....passing game ....possibly a wash and running game if considering hemmings vs. hussey a wash....however the tie breaker for me is the recent explosion of Josh Wright onto the scene. I think this Juniour runner is just beggining to show his true stuff and will prove to be

the big difference in the game. This kid is for real and is a true threat....if ANY team can keep this guy from turning the corners they have done something. This is the BEST 1 - 2 punch in the backfield since old thunder and lighting in PNG's glory days. Im sticking by my predicition but in all honesty....i wouldnt be suprised to see lumberton win...i don't think they will but ...gotta give credit where credit is due...lumberton has a nice team.

You talk about Hemmings and Wright which is as it should be but dont forget about Tenzeno he so small he can get lost behind the line and fast too, plus there is one other guy i cant remember his name comes in every once in a while

plus enzeno led the team last year in picks if their not smart and throw to his side. Raider fans better come early since we have lousy parking if you dont wanna  have to walk 500 miles

[move]SCALP EM INDIANS SCALP EM BEAT EM BLACK AND BLUE[/move]

I know that PNG respects Lumberton, and we are definitely proud of your football program and the great gains you have made, this is honestly a true statement.  Also, Lumberton would represent the district well.  I know this is going to be a strong defensive battle Friday night and I feel the score will be very close.  The momentum and the spirit of the Indians this year, the way they have come together as a single unit, reminds me of the PNG of the 70's, playoffs, State Champs, honor, pride, tradition.  Everyone, basically, counted PNG out after our preseason losses, but now, all the doubters are singing a different tune.  PNG has been in this spot many times, enduring the joys of winning and the heartbreak of losing.  We can sit back and smash each other, or, realize that it will be settled on the field Friday night.  In this district, anything can happen on any given Friday night on the field.  We welcome you to The Reservation and I hope and pray for an injury free game!  Good Luck to both teams!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder