Who Do You Want To Play In Non District Starting Next Year?

I use to understand the point of Central vs West Brook from '86 till Ozen was created.  BISD is not going to even out the zones so that the schools are playing with even numbers.  So BISD needs to drop West Brook from Central and Ozens schedule.  I think its a money thing.  No out of town trip means less money spent.  Central and Ozen will continue to play as long as they are in 4A.  Im a Jaguar fan so if we were able to drop West Brook and stayed in the same 8 team district I would like to see games against any of these schools, WO-S, Brenham, Bay City, LaMarque, Conroe Caney Creek, Houston Yates, Texas City or Barbers Hill.  It can only make us better.  Dropping West Brook doesn't make us better, just the chance to play someone else.  To be the best, you have got to beat the best.  G-Ball and Lufkin bring up old memories, but they are just to big.  Lets give our kids a chance.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robert Plant

I use to understand the point of Central vs West Brook from '86 till Ozen was created.  BISD is not going to even out the zones so that the schools are playing with even numbers.  So BISD needs to drop West Brook from Central and Ozens schedule.  I think its a money thing.  No out of town trip means less money spent.  Central and Ozen will continue to play as long as they are in 4A.  Im a Jaguar fan so if we were able to drop West Brook and stayed in the same 8 team district I would like to see games against any of these schools, WO-S, Brenham, Bay City, LaMarque, Conroe Caney Creek, Houston Yates, Texas City or Barbers Hill.  It can only make us better.  To be the best, you have got to beat the best.  G-Ball and Lufkin bring up old memories, but they are just to big.  Lets give our kids a chance.

I have a question and just want to understand. How does dropping West Brook make you better? Do you not want to play teams that on paper are better or do you just want to play the best 4A and 3A you can find?

HJ- I like the EC game, even though they in a lower classification, they are a great team, and the game last year was awesome.  dropping anahuac and cleveland, let's play splendora and coldspring or liberty.  a couple of games that will prepare us for the lower level teams in our district that we can actually compete with.  i don't think scheduling games against supertough teams would do us much good.  nobody learns much from a 50 point loss (except maybe humility)

Guest FPHS 78

I would like Houston Lamar, GBall, Brehnnam, LaMarque, or one of the Phlugerville schools for my Jags...

was that gball central played in the "silent" no fans game a few years ago, cuz of shooting?

it all depends on how our district lines out next year. from what i've heard we could be in a 6 school small 3A district or a 2A district (size? no clue).

if any i'd like to play:

coldspring (longtime defensive coordinator took up head coaching job)

newton (stoneage rivalry)

jasper (feels good to beat them)

carthage

diboll

lumberton

wo-s drop bay city and add kelly .

How would that benefit Wo-s playing a lesser opponent? And before someone responds with "Kelly is good"...they are, but won't be able to hang with Wo-s on the field. Wo-s needs to keep playing good teams in a higher classification. I'd like to see Lamarque added back and or Nederland...I'd like to see an exciting game. We see enough teams at Kelly's level in district. This wasn't a shot at Kelly, but they wouldn't give us enough of a push to get us ready for district.

Guest coachhooker

5a Westbrook vs Katy, Elsik, Hasting, Cinco Ranch, North Shore, maybe even El Paso team (meet in Austin/ SA)

4a Ned or Png vs Stephenville, Aledo, Cove, Kerrville,

3a WOS vs Cuero, (yes I know this will happen in round 2) Giddings, Celina, P. Point, Greenwood, Sinton, Sealy,

2a 24-2a vs mart(i know they see them in round 2) Tatum,Comfort, Blanco, Schulenburg

Private- Kelly vs Dayton (maybe), Lumberton (maybe), Diboll (maybe),for private schools Strake

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder