21-3A FLAMETHROWERS

HORNS4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasnt he the off speed pitcher that was really slow with abunch of junk

I think he was one of several.

You know it is kind of amusing after all the years that Jasper had pro prospect flame throwers and could not win state, and in 07 won state with the kind of pithcing that always did in their highly touted pitchers.  Go figure.

This time, it did help heaps to get some runs!  :)  But the pitchers still did a good job, holding state ranked teams to 3 runs and 4 runs.

Silsbees depth at pitching is shallow right now. We have a good one coming back that everyone knows. We have another one that reaches in the 90's but just a little off, also a couple of others that have some thing going for them. There's a couple are three freshman that will push for some varsity playing time. Just how much I don't know. One freshman really looks good on the mound. Maybe will be able to help out with the shallow pitching depth. Go Tigers!!!

Silsbees depth at pitching is shallow right now. We have a good one coming back that everyone knows. We have another one that reaches in the 90's but just a little off, also a couple of others that have some thing going for them. There's a couple are three freshman that will push for some varsity playing time. Just how much I don't know. One freshman really looks good on the mound. Maybe will be able to help out with the shallow pitching depth. Go Tigers!!!

You got someone that thros in the 90s>>I'm a Pentacost Preacher tooooo.

I think he was one of several.

You know it is kind of amusing after all the years that Jasper had pro prospect flame throwers and could not win state, and in 07 won state with the kind of pithcing that always did in their highly touted pitchers.  Go figure.

This time, it did help heaps to get some runs!   :)  But the pitchers still did a good job, holding state ranked teams to 3 runs and 4 runs.

Well in those other guys defense.  They were playing in 4A.  Getting beat out by some very good teams.  I would say the drop down in classification helped.

Skinner has the makeup to make a good pitcher, BUT needs some help to bring it out. His mechanics do need work and with some proper weight training (for pitchers) he could bring some serious heat. No way he touches 90 now, maybe mid to high 80s but that could be a stretch. I spoke with his grandpa a month or so back and was told he was just playing on a fall team. What I don't understand about most kids 'who could be BUT never were' is related to not seeking professional help and training, to many people,(parents n coaches) think they know it all. I knew enough about baseball to know I didn't really know anything about what it took to properly train a pitcher to get to the next level. Its only money BUT in my case it was $$ well spent.

In my experience there is alot more to throwing hard than having the body or the look of a guy who can throw you can have kids with all the physical tools and get all the help in the world but never figure out how to put it all together.  It is hard to explain some kids just have the gift and some dont.

I have seen guys that are short, weak, and have bad mechanics throw 90 and guys who are 6'3 muscualr, flexible with great mechanics struglle to throw 83.

Im not saying that hard work cant pay off because I have seen that also. I am just saying that there is another deminsion to this equation that I cant figure out and if anyone can please let me know.

Guest Orangeboy

Skinner, worked with Sam Moore some last year. He just struggled to throw strike when Coach Trawhon put him in. Hopefully he can put it together this year and be more productive on the mound. He is also a pretty good hitter with some pop if he has a chance to get those limbs extended.

I do know when you look at Skinner, you think I bet that kid can bring it. Tall, lanky lefthanded what more could a coach want. He needs to put more emphasis on his pitching not hitting, the pitching will take him where he wants to go, not his bat. I mite be wrong but don't Sam Moore teach or specialize in hitting??

I agree with you 643. My son has worked with a pitching coach the last two years. I'm truly amazed by what all is involved with actually throwing with proper mechanics....and that's just the physical side of pitching. The mental part involves as much or more. I remember an earlier post, where you were "defending " yourself ( for lack of a better word ) against some idiot. Your reasoning was that you were with your son each step of the way as he was taking lessons and being coached, as a result you did in fact know what you were talking about. You are correct, it's true. I've learned so much about pitching just being there ( with my wallet of course  ;D) and listening and watching...I feel like I've been taking the lessons.

Eagle07, you mentioned the mental part of pitching and that in itself is huge, this only comes from some 1 on 1 time with someone thats been there. Why do you think there are so many ex pro players kids in the pros, its not from pull, its proper training both physical and mental starting at a early age. Although good mech will get you more MPH, longevity, bad mechanics will get you, torn elbows, bad shoulders and if you can hit you'll be hid on first base the rest of your HS playing days. 

• 2 weeks later...

how bout we quit talking bout 3a.

lets talk 4a and 5a?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder