21-3A FLAMETHROWERS

HORNS4

Let's remember you are debating the velocity of a SOPH., I have watched this kids off season workout a couple of times within the last month and his arm speed is incredible, the first player that comes to mind is Roy Oswalt, now I know he is not Roy O. my point is a small frame and a very live arm.

Based on what I am seeing he could sit at 85-86 very easy all year and he will hit 90 on occasions, but again remember we are talking about a soph.

Barring any injury his future is as bright as any I have ever been around. And he is a fantastic kid.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hicks kid is documented over the summer topping/touching 87.  He does not pitch at that velocity but, on at least 1 pitch, can hit 87.  He is a max effort kid with some questionable arm action.  It is effective now because it does product some spin on the ball but one can question how well a player with his build will hold up/progress.  He projects better as an infielder IMO.

Where have you herd he is documented over the summer topping/touching 87 im just wondering cause unlike you i worked out with him over the summer and i still do and he'll hit 86 87 all day

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax