Will Nederland ever go 5A?

Just curious what some of you think? Here are some of the reasons I think it could happen, but it is not likely.

1. The amount of expansion coming to this area with the local refineries. The people coming in for these jobs will have to live somewhere. if you think local people will fill all these jobs think again. We do not have enough qualified people, or enough people who want to be qualified to man the expansions at Motiva, Valero, and Total.

2. Port Neches and Groves are both pretty much land locked. Nederland still has plenty of land that can be developed like what is happening out at the airport.

I am not sure how close Nederland is to the cutoff, but it was something that crossed my mind that could happen in the next 4 years or so.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About 600 kids short, providing the bottom number is not moved again.  I don't think we have room for that many kids.

Did the number go up from when you were 5A before? If not you had room then why wouldn't you have room now?

Guest piratefaithful

PNg was in 5a when Vidor use to be..It could happen..It depends on what the UIL does with the alignment.

You might see Lumberton grow more along with Bc and orangefield...(they have alot of houses going up off 1442)

PNg was in 5a when Vidor use to be..It could happen..It depends on what the UIL does with the alignment.

You might see Lumberton grow more along with Bc and orangefield...(they have alot of houses going up off 1442)

We were all in %a back in the early to mid 80's. Well most of us were anyway. It was a great district back then. 22-5A consisted of WO-S, Nederland, PN-G, Thomas Jefferson, French, BCP, Forest Park, Lincoln and there may have been a couple of others but it was a pretty good district for all sports.

We were all in %a back in the early to mid 80's. Well most of us were anyway. It was a great district back then. 22-5A consisted of WO-S, Nederland, PN-G, Thomas Jefferson, French, BCP, Forest Park, Lincoln and there may have been a couple of others but it was a pretty good district for all sports.

i thought west brook was in 22-5a too?

Just curious what some of you think? Here are some of the reasons I think it could happen, but it is not likely.

1. The amount of expansion coming to this area with the local refineries. The people coming in for these jobs will have to live somewhere. if you think local people will fill all these jobs think again. We do not have enough qualified people, or enough people who want to be qualified to man the expansions at Motiva, Valero, and Total.

2. Port Neches and Groves are both pretty much land locked. Nederland still has plenty of land that can be developed like what is happening out at the airport.

I am not sure how close Nederland is to the cutoff, but it was something that crossed my mind that could happen in the next 4 years or so.

I drove by these "houses" the other day and I wasn't impressed at all. Take a drive out there and see what you think. Looked like something out of "Poltergeist" to me. Wasn't it called Phase IV?

Guest piratefaithful

Brook was also...the days of James Brown and those guys..

remember the Beaumont Bowl back then was huge..Cahnnel 6 use to broadcast it live on saturday from Lamar Stadium..

yea I remember ..Later on it was Central,Brook,TJ,Vidor PNg,and a few houston schools.I believe it was 22-5a then

West Brook may have been in but before they were West Brook they were Forest Park and someone else. However, I did leave out Vidor.

Guest piratefaithful

I dont remember either..You are right there was alot of good football back then.alot of players went on to the NFL back then also.

Guest BigHam

I thought Hebert combined with French. I don't remember who we all used to be but it was a good district back then.

Hebert, South Park and Forest Park became WB is 82. I was at Forest Park in 78 and our district was made up of FP, French, BCP, Vidor, PNG, Nederland,TJ, Lincoln and WOS. South Park and Hebert were 3A. If I'm remebering right there was no 5A. 1 Team went to the playoffs....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83