Will Nederland ever go 5A?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest piratefaithful

Vidor was 5a for awhile before PNG came up there for a few years.

in that district was Brook, Central,TJ,.

you are right back then it was 4a.

The cutoff between 4A and 5A has risen drastically over the past 20 years as you can see from an old post that's in the historical section...

This is the hidden content, please

In 1984 the cutoff between 4A and 5A was 1305... they're predicting that the cutoff for the next realignment will be over 2000....  Nederland's peak enrollment was at right about 1700 in the late 90's....

This post will show you who was in which district every year going back to the early 50's....

This is the hidden content, please

Akifan, i read your reasons why for posting this. To tell u the truth most people that work in motiva and all the other plants are from beaumont, so dont expect a flock of families to come yalls way its not like Pa is across texas. So like i said Nederland wont go to 5a and thier not ready. Enjoy 4a its a good district.

Guest whoabroncos09

More like the DOG GONE Indians

ha.

thats a good one too.

but i think i like tha indian dogs more.

and like tha mascot could be like a dog in an indian suit.

whoa!!!

too much thinkin about that..

1. Nederland will not go 5A.

2. Nederland and PN-G will not consolidate.

I agree tvc the cutoff for 5a has gotten away from Neds enrollment.

Ned and PNG will never consolidate.It isn't likePA or Beaumont, these are two completely different school districts. It isn't quite as easy for consolidation of two different ISD's.TJ, Lincoln, and SFA were all in the PAISD to start with.

Guest FPHS 78

I agree tvc the cutoff for 5a has gotten away from Neds enrollment.

Ned and PNG will never consolidate.It isn't likePA or Beaumont, these are two completely different school districts. It isn't quite as easy for consolidation of two different ISD's.TJ, Lincoln, and SFA were all in the PAISD to start with.

be a heck of a team, tho....if we could stop y'all from killing each other

where is all of this land nederland has?i don't think the refineries are going to give up their land of tank farms for nederland high enrollment increase?the main thing i see going up in nederland is apartments.they are probably a 1000 short of 5a.

There will be a huge amount of people coming into the area. Between Motiva, Total, and Valero you have the potential for over 10,000 jobs going at once. Not to mention the LNG plants and the Degassification (sp?) plant in BMT. I also do not see it happening. It was just a thought.

Patitan, when you say kids will come back when the new high school is built, do you mean they will move back into PAISD or the school district lines will change? I have heard rumors, and they are only rumors, that PAISD is going to try and incorporate all the area within HWY 365 and Twin City HWY. I do not see that happening. That would include changing some areas of PNGISD and NISD to PAISD. I am not sure that can be done legally without a court order?

There will be a huge amount of people coming into the area. Between Motiva, Total, and Valero you have the potential for over 10,000 jobs going at once. Not to mention the LNG plants and the Degassification (sp?) plant in BMT. I also do not see it happening. It was just a thought.

Patitan, when you say kids will come back when the new high school is built, do you mean they will move back into PAISD or the school district lines will change? I have heard rumors, and they are only rumors, that PAISD is going to try and incorporate all the area within HWY 365 and Twin City HWY. I do not see that happening. That would include changing some areas of PNGISD and NISD to PAISD. I am not sure that can be done legally without a court order?

nope, that type of thing is only used down here to alter political lines to rearrange texas' demographics in the house of representatives.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont