Will Nederland ever go 5A?

Guest ECBucFan

There will be a huge amount of people coming into the area. Between Motiva, Total, and Valero you have the potential for over 10,000 jobs going at once.

Keep in mind, though, the vast majority of those "10,000" jobs are the temporary contract type jobs. Most will not stay long nor bring families to the area. The actual number of permanent jobs will be far, far, lower. "10,000" is just a bit of P.R. for news headlines.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that. I am sure many will bring families if they have them. These projects will go in phases so workers will come and go as each craft completes his job, but the potential for people to hang around afterwards is there. The area is low on skilled workers as it. If people come here and see they have a chance to stick around and make a living they will stay.

What is the size of the district landwise?Ā  I know they border PNG and PA who do the border with on the other two sides?

Here's the overhead view of the district... The blue lines are school district boundaries.Ā  Nederland ISDĀ  is bordered by PNG, Port Arthur, Beaumont and Orangefield ISDs.Ā  The two images are the same, except one has the major roads included as landmarks...Ā 

nedisd.gif

nedisd1.gif

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont