Sam McGuffie rushed 18 times for 272 yards and scored six touchdowns

Cy-Fair 62, Jersey Village 7 - Final                                                                Scoring summary

CFR -- Sam McGuffie 67-yard run. PAT Kick ( Chris Patrick ), 11:23, 1st.

CFR -- Sam McGuffie 7-yard run. PAT Kick ( Chris Patrick ), 08:40, 1st.

CFR -- Sam McGuffie 2-yard run. PAT Kick ( Chris Patrick ), 02:28, 1st.

CFR -- Sam McGuffie 55-yard run. PAT Kick ( Chris Patrick ), 10:12, 2nd.

JER -- Lance Siragusa 11-yard run. PAT Kick ( Brian Davis ), 06:01, 2nd.

CFR -- Wesley Cobb 61-yard run. PAT Kick ( Chris Patrick ), 05:26, 2nd.

CFR -- Sam McGuffie 12-yard run. PAT Kick ( Chris Patrick ), 00:48, 2nd.

CFR -- Sam McGuffie 23-yard run. PAT Kick ( Chris Patrick ), 06:13, 3rd.

CFR -- Tevin Champagne 8-yard run. PAT Kick ( Chris Patrick ), 05:49, 3rd.

CFR -- Mike Pasek 4-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 03:00, 4th.

they have told me that WB is the buzz among Houston coaches. They see a program under Stump that is getting better every year. They thought the talent pool in this area had dried up. They are amazed at the quality of athlete that has shown up at WB after a long down period. They was hoping that with the Bond that WB would split up again. I told them, it ain't happening.

The WB defensive front is built to defend this type of back. Those DE's and LB's are just as fast as he is.

WB guys are probably fast, but probably not "just as fast" as him.  That being said when you have 11 fast guys on Defense it is easier to contain a fast back because each guy only has to be fast for a small area and it really does not matter who he is getting these yards against.  272 yards in a 5-A game is impressive. 

the cream will rise in two more weeks over in houston and we will have a better picture of who we are looking at. My son is getting married in two weeks over in houston. WB coaches and coaches from two Spring school will be in attendance. Should make for some interesting conversation at that time of the season. I will let you know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder