22-4A District Champions

Who wins 22-4A this year?  

1. 1. Who wins 22-4A this year?

Actually' date=' in 2000, right in the middle of that stretch, we went to the sixth round. That's not a seven year stretch, but a two-year period and a four-year period. Also, that stretch was broken last year.

With no disrespect intended, those years of success for the bears were both the beginning and the end of such prominence. Does LC-M have fewer athletes now than they did in 94-96? We certainly do.[/quote'] Surely they have more than back then ?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had a seven year stretch in which you only went past the first round of the playoffs once! I know this is hard for you to admit, but it is true. From 1998 through 2004 this was the case.

1998 no

1999 no

2000 yes

2001 no

2002 no

2003 no

2004 no

The only reason I even brought out that fact was GS said we had a fifteen year stretch where we only went past the first round of the playoffs once. I only posted that in retaliation. Now come back at me with how far you went in 2000 and how many games you won in the regular season. That is all irrelevant to the FACT that I have pointed out to you.

Actually, what I read in the earlier post was this, verbatim:

I simply pointed out the fact that y'all had a seven year period of going no further than the first round.

I don't see "more than once," "only once" or "once" in there. Maybe it was said in an even earlier post, but I was responding to THIS post. Having noted that, I think mentioning the 2000 wins is relevant.

Re-stating my earlier question: Does LC-M have fewer athletes now than they did in the mid-90s?

And I think I'm asking a relevant question when I ask whether y'all have fewer athletes now than in the mid-90s. While I can't imagine that that is the case, it would explain the plummet. If not, something else is factoring in. Right?

If Vidor could only manage four total wins and one district win last year - when they returned 10 starters on each side of the ball - I don't see them having much shot at the district title with just four on each side this year. I really don't think the coachng is there, and (I'll probably be hanged for this, but it's honest) sometimes I'm stunned to see the pedestal upon which some still put the Pirates' coaching staff. One playoff appearance and a 29-32 record isn't horrible, but not enough to garner the praise I often hear. Granted, it's better than what preceded the current leadership, but I would think that with both enrollment and demographics that almost mirror that of Nederland and PN-G, the expectations in Vidor would be for performance to do the same. Certainly the attitude of players and fans in Vidor have turned around, and maybe that is enough. But it hasn't been enough to "turn around" the program yet. I wish them only the best, but I'm certainly in the "skeptics" column at this point after such high expectations last year.

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

Does anyone think LCM can make the top 3 this Year? If not this year probably next with Coach Moody in Charge.

Guest GoStangs

Does anyone think LCM can make the top 3 this Year? If not this year probably next with Coach Moody in Charge.

No. Not necessarily because they won't be improved, but because this is a fairly competitive district with a few pretty strong teams. They've got a long uphill battle in front of them just to catch up to Central, Ozen, Dayton, PNG, and Nederland.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin