22-4A District Champions

Who wins 22-4A this year?  

1. 1. Who wins 22-4A this year?

Couple of points:

Earl Thomas did not go to Jr High at LCM, he was there for one year, his freshman year.

The old Lincoln teams prove that coaching IS important and that speed is not all that it takes. Katy, Stephenville, Austin Westlake, South Lake Carrol are also examples of teams that are not bursting at the seem with speed, but still win consistently.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

Cannot wait until the season starts and see if anyone will be able to stop Dugat especially in this 4A District.

It's really really hard to say how they'll fininsh. Wonder how their Defense will be this Year? I still like Central/Ozen/Nederland

Well with the big screen being installed at Little Cypress will this motivate the kids enough to get over the hum this Year?

Guest GoStangs

It won't be a factor.

If it's a matter of talent of coaching that's been preventing them from being successful, a big screen won't help. If it's a matter of a lack of motivation that's been their downfall, a big screen may benefit, but I'd think it would help visiting teams, as well. First, it'd be as energizing to visitors to have the opportunity to be on a jumbotron, and second, it would be motivating to anyone, as nobody would want to see their opponent score, make a big hit, etc., on them and then broadcast for everyone to watch over and over again.

Guest Jody

I would love to see Vidor make some noise. Anyone else see them upsetting the top teams?

I'll pick Vidor over Nederland this year. May not happen, but they have to have one fan East of San Antionio pulling for them. :D

Pirates slay the Poodles this year!

Guest Jody

Jody' date=' I thought I told you to stop smoking that crap. Vidor over big Ned? Yeah right![/quote']

Can I borrow a roach clip? :D

Vidor nealry beat Ozen and PNG last year, so why can't they beat Nederland. PNG only lost to Nederland by 2 points. I mean if WOS can beat Nederland 21 - 10 anyone can. :D

If Nederland plays up to their potential and everyone stays healthy this could be Nederlands year for the out-right district title. A lot of things have to go their way but it is a strong possiblility. Central and Ozen will be their biggest test. Those two games could go either way. We will know what Nederlands has week 0 against LaMarque.

Guest Jody

We will know what Nederlands has week 0 against LaMarque.

OH....OH.....OH, I know the answer to that one........Loss Number 1 :D

The story of Vidor's history... we nearly beat (the team of your choice)!!!!

Vidor began last year with 20 returning starters. TWENTY!! That was to be their big year, the year they finally compete with the tougher teams in the district.

It didn't happen. Unfortunately Rita came along but Vidor was in the same circumstance as the rest of us and it just didn't happen. A school that has been in the playoffs twice in school history needs to be there a few times before people start mentioning them with the top teams in the district.

I remember back several Years when Vidor was 5A and played Aldine in the Astrodome in the first round. Don't remember the final though.

1964 3A

Bi-District

Vidor 13

Cypress-Fairbanks 9

Quarterfinals

Vidor 28

Lamar Consolidated 2

Semifinals

San Marcos 21 win by penetrations

Vidor 21

1978 4A--- 4A was the largest districts. 5A did not start until 1980 when they moved the B districts up to A.

Bi-District

Aldine 40

Vidor 13

2000 4A

Bi-District

Nederland 21

Vidor 9

Hey bandwagon Jody' date=' I got one for you. Vidor beat Ned in '01, before then it was 20 years since the last win. Ned is 50-7-1 vs. Vidor overall[/quote']

That's it then, they are stat-due! Vidor 2006 District Champs.... :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder