*The Chalk Talk Thread/Part 3..What Would You Do?*

You run the I-Formation offense and your upcoming opponent is running a 4-3 defense 75% of the time. Their defense has a pair of above average defensive ends with a below average tackle. The linebackers are fast and aggressive. Your offense has a solid running game witth an average set of receivers on top of a quarterback that is a traditional pocket-passer transitioning to a dual-threat mode. The line is somewhat average but not bad.

How would you script the first 15 plays against the 4-3 defense? Would you take such a manner in scripting the playbook? And why would you call the plays you called?

Debate away!

TB iso, FB trap, flip the last 2 plays to the otherside.  Keep running the rock until they stop it unless I'm inside my own 10 yard line.  Power I baby until I get some breathing room.  I'd also throw to my TE some to expose the safety.  Roll my QB to the wide side of the field on pass run option......

I love it baby!  I formation.  Now we're talking.  Since the tackles are below average, I'm hoping that I can get either a good push or a pancake from my OT's.  If this happens, I'll be running quick pitch plays untill they stop me.  My OT or my guards may be free enough to take on a LB.  That will get your 5 yard a pop.  At this point, the defense will have to make adjustments.  Then,  Just like 85 said, quick passes to the TE. Then when those safeties start creeping over to help the LB's, take a shot down the field.  This will keep that defense guessing the whole night.

First, I'd have to test the middle. Exposing this will be your key, and if it won't work the way I'm lined up, I'd have to move my TE (or the best alternative) into the backfield. Attack their week spot, and when the linebackers cheat up, a little PA pass over the middle. Traps and counters, hoping we could make the LB's over pursue. During the early stage of the game, try to establish a few short passes to keep those athletic LB's on their heels, always keeping at least 1 RB back blocking to keep your QB from being blind sided by thier studs at DE.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317