Fight Songs

Guest RedBirdFan85

Guest Orangeboy

I like PNG's and WOS fight song. You just can't beat the Lone Ranger theme song. And scalp'em. Not a fan of either team but I sure do love their fight songs.

I have to go back to the 60's and the first fight song that ever really gave me goose bumps when I heard it. Now of course I was only 9 - 10 years old.... But Barbers Hill did it. There fans and players really got into their fight song which is also their school song. I have always liked the songs that are unique. Some even have a local feel to them. Hamshire Fannett and Kirbyville have very unique songs. Another team I have always liked their song is Cuero. Kinda has a roll out the barrel kinda a tune. Makes you wanna go dance the polka.  One thing about fight songs.. depending on how good are big your band is has alot to do with how much you enjoy hearing the tune. I just remembered something.. You can't let the old PA TJ song go by without some sort of mention here.

...........You can't let the old PA TJ song go by without some sort of mention here.

I was about to post the TJ fight song (Go Port Arthur?) but you beat me to it.  :)

If you want to hear it, click this link:

This is the hidden content, please

..and scroll down to Northwestern University and then click on "Go 'U' Northwestern".

There are some good ones out there and some that are played be nearly every team in the area!  Many people say that Kirbyville's is unique, and it is!  It is actually an old song by Duane Eddy called Rebel Rouser!  K'ville just calls it Rouser.  If you watch the movie Forest Gump pay attention to when he is in HS and is being chased by the bullies in the truck!  You will hear the original version!  Still the only fight song of any school around that is in a movie!  Now that is truly unique!

I was about to post the TJ fight song (Go Port Arthur?) but you beat me to it.  :)

If you want to hear it, click this link:

This is the hidden content, please

..and scroll down to Northwestern University and then click on "Go 'U' Northwestern".

There was a site that someons showed me awhile back that was a don't forget TJ web page that actually had the TJ band playing the fight song.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder