Kelly CANNOT Recruit

daKdog

Kelly is not the only school around here that recruits if you do it right it looks like chairty (poor kid needs a place to stay) or (he lives with his aunt&uncle because he cant get along at home) the best of all (mom & dad are split and dad has this apartment) all classics and I sure there are plenty more.

In the late 80's, I was at WB and we lost two football players and two baseball players to WOS at the same time. WOS had a great baseball program back then, as well as football. I'm not saying WOS had anything to do with it, but four kids leave and go to Orange at the same time when all of them grew up in Beaumont. Nothing against WOS, but that is what happened.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...HOW DID joe c end up qb at WB?  starter at Kelly, coaching change, ends up at new school with old coach?    hmmmmmmmmm. 

it happens everywhere and its a shame

KELLY ATHLETIC TRYOUTS FOR THE 2008-09 SCHOOL YEAR

Kelly will have public tryouts for the next school year as follows:

Please bring athletic attire and your own equipment.

All tryouts are at Ford Arena and Athletic Complex on November 31, 2007-9:00 AM

SPORT                                    PAY

Football                              $5,000 per semester + incentives & bonuses

Baseball                              $1,100 (Lefty pitchers receive $2,000)

Basketball                            $3,000

Golf                                    $75

Tennis                                $1

Bring a highlight video on DVD (No VHS please)

Please do not bring video recording devices or your agent.

For academic requirements you will need to pass a spelin tess.

(We will evaluate you very similarly to UIL schools such as WOS, West Brook etc.)

Ask him, he and his parents will tell you they wanted to follow his coach.  Nothing illegal about it, they will also tell you that their plan worked - Joe got that scholly. Westbrook didnt have $7,000.00 - $8,000.00 in registration and tuition fees to offer he and his family.

To get most families to consider the change the obsticle of the cost of tuition, registration and uniforms has to be adressed - meaning paid for.  Kelly has a network to meet these needs - they do it blantently and it has been effective.

Throwing the "they all do it" over it doesnt minimize the fact that Kelly blantently does it.

Since money is involved with it there is always a money trail - which makes Kelly vulnerable should they ever be audited or investigated by TAPPS.  My opinion is that they are relatively safe because they are isolated in Beaumont where there are no TAPPS teams competing with them for kids.  Warring AD's is usually the root of TAPPS complaints and greviences.

In the late 80's, I was at WB and we lost two football players and two baseball players to WOS at the same time. WOS had a great baseball program back then, as well as football. I'm not saying WOS had anything to do with it, but four kids leave and go to Orange at the same time when all of them grew up in Beaumont. Nothing against WOS, but that is what happened.

Late 80's means around 86,87,88,89

Can you blame those kids for wanting to play WOS football at the time?

It is illegal for TAPPS and UIL schools too recruit! Kelly cannot recruit anybody from any other schools. If a student approaches us and wants to play, THE SCHOOL has to accept them FIRST! If in the case that they are inable to pay for their full tuition than financial assistance can be granted. The case goes before a financial commitee and their case has to be approved! The student has to be able to come up with atleast $1,500 or they cannot be approved!

So, please from now on look at the teams and not the school!

and dont falsely accuse if you dont know what you are talking about!!

daKdog , You opened up a can of worms didn't you? I bet you wish that you never would have started this topic!

Ask him, he and his parents will tell you they wanted to follow his coach.  Nothing illegal about it, they will also tell you that their plan worked - Joe got that scholly. Westbrook didnt have $7,000.00 - $8,000.00 in registration and tuition fees to offer he and his family.

To get most families to consider the change the obsticle of the cost of tuition, registration and uniforms has to be adressed - meaning paid for.  Kelly has a network to meet these needs - they do it blantently and it has been effective.

Throwing the "they all do it" over it doesnt minimize the fact that Kelly blantently does it.

Since money is involved with it there is always a money trail - which makes Kelly vulnerable should they ever be audited or investigated by TAPPS.  My opinion is that they are relatively safe because they are isolated in Beaumont where there are no TAPPS teams competing with them for kids.  Warring AD's is usually the root of TAPPS complaints and greviences.

[/quote

Something along the lines of..."joe, you have offers while here at Kelly, but you come with me and i'll get ya a Pac 10 scholarship" .... 

...blantently?    ::)

Guest ECBucFan

Can you blame those kids for wanting to play WOS football at the time?

No, but I can blame them, their parents, and the recruiting school for it happening (if it did). Could you "blame" someone for wanting a Corvette? No, but if you go ahead and steal it, that is WRONG.

Guest kingme2007

No, but I can blame them, their parents, and the recruiting school for it happening (if it did). Could you "blame" someone for wanting a Corvette? No, but if you go ahead and steal it, that is WRONG.

Good post - I agree - Kelly should stop this horrible recruiting thing.

any catholic that wants to go to kelly is automatically accepted.

there is a board that decides how much assistance is available based on financial need of the family. there are a lot of (non-athlete) children of single moms enrolled paying less than the posted tuition rate.

Nobody gets a free ride.  every students pays something. and any student receiving aid must do volunteer work at the school.

non catholics can get the same deal, but are not automatic.

Guest kingme2007

KELLY ATHLETIC TRYOUTS FOR THE 2008-09 SCHOOL YEAR

Kelly will have public tryouts for the next school year as follows:

Please bring athletic attire and your own equipment.

All tryouts are at Ford Arena and Athletic Complex on November 31, 2007-9:00 AM

SPORT                                      PAY

Football                              $5,000 per semester + incentives & bonuses

Baseball                              $1,100 (Lefty pitchers receive $2,000)

Basketball                            $3,000

Golf                                    $75

Tennis                                 $1

Bring a highlight video on DVD (No VHS please)

Please do not bring video recording devices or your agent.

For academic requirements you will need to pass a spelin tess.

(We will evaluate you very similarly to UIL schools such as WOS, West Brook etc.)

We're Catholic, and my daughter is on a select soccer team.  Will there be soccer tryouts? She is not happy with her current school's program!

so...HOW DID joe c end up qb at WB?  starter at Kelly, coaching change, ends up at new school with old coach?    hmmmmmmmmm. 

it happens everywhere and its a shame

haha thats not recruiting! he went to wb because he liked the coach and the offense he runs!

he lives in the wb district AND saved a ton of money...therefore there is nothing fishy there

had he stayed at kelly...i seriously doubt he would be spending time in a huddle with darren mcfadden right now either

wuit hatin on a kid for making the all-around best choice he could

Kelly has an AAU team out there.  Trust and believe, if those kids went back to their public schools, Kelly would be on level with Sabine Pass lol

are you kidding me?  Like I said before, the whole o-line the quarterback runningback, fullback some recievers and about 7 defensive players have been going to school with me since i have been in kindergarten. Kelly encourages kids to come, im not going to deny that. But thats ridiculous to say that we would be on a level with Sabine Pass. Get your facts straight. If you would like me to name all the starters that are not "recruited" I will.

This is too funny - Kelly doesnt recruit.  TAPPS rules prohibit affiliated schools from contacting or recruiting student athletes that are currently in High School - they can legally recruit / or talk to Jr High kids.

I have first hand experience with Kelly supporters offering high school enrolled kids financial aid in an effort to recruit them to their school.  The financial assistance steps are in place to cover their behinds if they are audited by TAPPS - because they do offer financial assistance to students other than athletes. 

Im not bashing you for recruiting - you need to to compete.  Im bashing you for denying you offer financial aid to athletes - and act as if its avaliable to anyone on an equal access - bull.

You currently have 1 player I know of who's father offers financial aid to football players to enhance his own sons team and opportunities.

Kelly offers scholarships / financial aid to athletes  - fact.

I go to kelly and i know a lot of students there that have financial aid that dont play any sports they just want an education. You obviously dont have total first hand experience.

when was the last time kelly played a UIL team that wasn't 2 or 3a?

If we were UIL, thats who we'd be playing..500 or so kids, teams around here wont schedule Kelly..playing  state finalist Sulphur,La in a couple weeks

he lives in the wb district AND saved a ton of money...therefore there is nothing fishy there

had he stayed at kelly...i seriously doubt he would be spending time in a huddle with darren mcfadden right now either

you don't think he was getting recruited at Kelly? Nothing fishy..what a chowder head

think about it -

if you were a big time athlete why would you go to a school with only 450 students (would be a small UIL 3A). college scouts go to 5A and 4A games.

there are way more students at kelly getting financial aid that don't pay sports than do play sports.

kelly would much rather "recruit" a merit scholar than a football player.

99.99% of all kelly graduates go on to college.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin