**Jasper 27 Barbers Hill 13 Final/Comments**

Just back from the game and Jasper absoulutly was in controll of this game. No excusses Jasper just plain whooped our butts!!! Why they didn't win 42-6 is beyond me! I though BH might be able to sqeak a 3rd place finish in district this year but no way!! BH will not make the playoffs IMHO!

Congrats to Jasper hope you guys have a great year!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the 2nd half of this game and both teams looked good. Bradshaw threw many pretty pases that were dropped, at least 1 for a TD. BH turned the ball over on downs at the 5, and Jasper threw a pick on the 1. Both defenses have a lot to improve on. Bh was getting gashed with big plays on 3rd and long, and Jasper secondary will never cover the WOS receivers

BHFAN  was it more brute force running or passing for Jasper...couldnt really tell by the broadcast....

They were doing a little of both. BH couldn't stop the running game and when they would get a handle on it BAM Jasper would hook up 20 , 30 , 40 yard passes!!! BH's secondary was getting eat alive!!! BH's bradshaw was throwing the ball well but the reciever could not hang on.

They were doing a little of both. BH couldn't stop the running game and when they would get a handle on it BAM Jasper would hook up 20 , 30 , 40 yard passes!!! BH's secondary was getting eat alive!!! BH's bradshaw was throwing the ball well but the reciever could not hang on.

Amen BH Fan. Never seen so many passes hit a kids hands and fall away

was Bradshaw banged up as to not play the 1st half?  it sounded like he was throwing some sharp passes,,,, they were just getting dropped

Carmona was the starter and he played the entire game against Wharton. Carmona couldn't do much tonight so they brought in Bradshaw to see if they could change the game.

Just back from the game and Jasper absoulutly was in controll of this game. No excusses Jasper just plain whooped our butts!!! Why they didn't win 42-6 is beyond me! I though BH might be able to sqeak a 3rd place finish in district this year but no way!! BH will not make the playoffs IMHO!

Very well said BHFAN. No excusses, if there is any blame everyone from the water boy to the coaching staff got whipped in this one. Good WIN for the dogs but man we hate to lose.

Good game for Jasper, especially #6.  I didn't have a program but the announcer said his name was Malcom Bronson.  He had 3 interceptions and ran 2 back for TDs.  Jasper scored their other 2 TDs on passes to #15 and #16 in the photo below.  Good luck to Jasper the rest of the way.

JasperTD.jpg

WOS92,  they don't get tired of being wrong.  It is a habit with those two guys.  I bet they never set foot on the field when they were in HS.  WOS has a talented bunch .  Our Eagles here at BH will only get better.  Young team that will learn from there mistakes.

I think its crazy to say that BH won't make the playoff this year based on this game. Are you just trying reverse psychology or what? Theres a ton of talent there but its very inexperienced. Tonight was a big learning experience for them. BH kept shooting themselves in the foot all night but couldnt come up with the plays in the end.... Bradshaw did a great job in the second half in relief of Carmona, and BH had chances to take the game back but not scoring from the 3 yard line and few dropped passes were big. Everyone that made mistakes know what they did and learned from it.These young men aint gonna lay down and quit after 1 bad game. Uncharacteristic play and misques sealed their fate... this game. You sound like a typical houston area sports fan where if your team loses a game you wash them out until they win a couple... then youre back on the wagon. If I knew who you were I'd kick you off the wagon when they are headed to the post season...because I believe in them THIS year. Good game Jasper and Good luck........BH remember the taste of losing. It's not a good feeling. If you hate to lose then your you will accomplish more than some think you are capaple of. LATER

WOS92,  they don't get tired of being wrong.  It is a habit with those two guys.  I bet they never set foot on the field when they were in HS.  WOS has a talented bunch .  Our Eagles here at BH will only get better.  Young team that will learn from there mistakes.

It was a game that showed the inexperience of both teams.  This is probably the poorest BH team I have seen.  The run defense was fairly solid and with Sexton smashing people, but the pass defense was not good.  Offensively the QB situation at BH was shakey.  One play it was a nice pass and the next it would come out of his hand sideways. 

Jasper's defense gave up some yards but had several big stops, and was very fortunate on a couple of dropped passes.  Offensively the play calling was suspect at times, but seem to be able to move the ball well.  Sure were a lot of bubble passes and slow developing routes.  Offensive line was the MVP IMO, and the QB did an outstanding job of scrambling when he had to, but made several mistakes that showed his inexperience.  Lot of upside with this kid.

Big win for the Dogs, and BH can't help but improve as the continue to search for the right mix on offense, and hopefully figure out some pass coverage.

I think its crazy to say that BH won't make the playoff this year based on this game. Are you just trying reverse psychology or what? Theres a ton of talent there but its very inexperienced. Tonight was a big learning experience for them. BH kept shooting themselves in the foot all night but couldnt come up with the plays in the end.... Bradshaw did a great job in the second half in relief of Carmona, and BH had chances to take the game back but not scoring from the 3 yard line and few dropped passes were big. Everyone that made mistakes know what they did and learned from it.These young men aint gonna lay down and quit after 1 bad game. Uncharacteristic play and misques sealed their fate... this game. You sound like a typical houston area sports fan where if your team loses a game you wash them out until they win a couple... then youre back on the wagon. If I knew who you were I'd kick you off the wagon when they are headed to the post season...because I believe in them THIS year. Good game Jasper and Good luck........BH remember the taste of losing. It's not a good feeling. If you hate to lose then your you will accomplish more than some think you are capaple of. LATER

Well said..btw your son is a hoss..those passes to him were just a tad out of his reach.  good luck in district.

I agree 34'sdad.  I can't believe all these people that are ready to jump ship over one game.  Everyone knew this could be a slow start this year, and now your ready to give up on them after one loss, unblieveable.  34dad you tell Drew and the rest of the guy's to use this to build a fire in their bellies, and come out and get it done next week, and the true BH fans will be pulling for them all the way.

Congrats Jasper, ya'll did a great job tonight.  Good luck with your season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder