We don't have a racial problem...

Guest ECBucFan

39 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is why I think we’re going to have to settle our differences with violence. It’s getting to the point where we just aren’t going to be able to exist together. 

For weeks and weeks we’ve seen vandalism of monuments. We’ve seen private property covered in graffiti by “peaceful protestors.” We’ve seen innocent people beaten by mobs. Stores have been looted all across America.  Minneapolis is asking for $55 million federal dollars to repair damage caused by rioting in that city alone. 

This is the hidden content, please

Somebody painted over a “black lives matter” sign on the roadway and they’re now charged with a hate crime. 

White people and conservatives need to decide if they want to fight or sew a yellow star their shirts. There’s not much else that can be done, I’m afraid. 

Violence only shows ignorance. I treat others how I want to be treated. Down here in the Deep South, there is no one race. Interracial families are the norm. The younger generations have excepted change. It’s us old school generations that won’t except change. I too am guilty because it was hard for me to except change. I learned that love conquers all. 

18 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

You say violence, I say peace, brother.

Hate crime is extreme. They choose to act and must suffer the ridiculous laws in that Democratic state.

What's your decision?

I’m totally opposed to violence... until there’s no other choices left. I really worry that there are plenty who aren’t as opposed to it as I am.  Once the ball gets rolling, we’ll all have choices to make. 

19 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Violence only shows ignorance. I treat others how I want to be treated. Down here in the Deep South, there is no one race. Interracial families are the norm. The younger generations have excepted change. It’s us old school generations that won’t except change. I too am guilty because it was hard for me to except change. I learned that love conquers all. 

There’s just something down deep in our DNA and/or culture here that just doesn’t take getting pushed around. We’re not descended from fearful men, as the old saying goes.

I think it goes beyond race and more along political lines. I have no clue as to the race of the prosecutor out there that is responsible for these charges. But I would fall over dead from a heart attack if somebody said that he/she/it turned out to be a God-fearing conservative. 
I wonder where all of those people the left keeps calling “coons” and “uncle toms” would be if it ever really does get kicked off... because I’ve got a bad feeling they would be crucified first by the mob. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m totally opposed to violence... until there’s no other choices left. I really worry that there are plenty who aren’t as opposed to it as I am.  Once the ball gets rolling, we’ll all have choices to make. 

If the left keeps pushing and tearing down stuff the other side is going to push back eventually.  I prefer a more pragmatic approach. I feel a possible big race war or civil war coming on.  I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

If the left keeps pushing and tearing down stuff the other side is going to push back eventually.  I prefer a more pragmatic approach. I feel a possible big race war or civil war coming on.  I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

I remember hearing that one was coming when I was college aged... I thought it was just hyperbole. It seemed to me that things weren’t that bad then, and have been steadily improving since in regards to the appearance of overt racism and bad feelings between the races, anyways. Now it seems like we are right at the point of no return. 
I’m conservative personally in regards to social issues and my personal finances, and I got my BBA. Trump was not my first choice for a President in 16, but I felt like he was the better option when compared to Hillary’s desire to move the country further left at the expense of business, the wealthy, and economic growth- kind of like what happened during Obama’s two terms. I’m not a diehard Trump guy at all. 
When people say that all of this is Trump’s fault, they’re being dishonest. But when people say he’s done absolutely nothing to calm things down, they aren’t lying. If I’m getting pissed off every time he opens his mouth, I can only imagine how the undecided/independents must be feeling right now.