2020 SETXsports.com Team Previews - HARDIN HORNETS

logo.png

2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PREVIEWS

Hardin.png

HARDIN HORNETS

2019: 3-7 Overall, 1-6 District

7th Place in District 12-3A-I

The 2019 was a year of struggle for the Hardin Hornets as they were able to garner only one district win in route to a 3-7 season.  While a new face will be on the sidelines for the Hornets, there will be a number of familiar faces returning as Hardin returns eight starters on each side of the ball to compete in the always tough 10-3A-I.

COACHING

Head Coach: Ned Barrier

Assistant Coaches: Dylan Bethea (Defensive Coordinator), Steve Firmin (Offensive Coordinator), Mitch Villemez (Defensive Backs), Dennis Devinny (Tight Ends/Running Backs)

OFFENSE

Eight starters return to the Hardin offense in 2020.  Senior quarterback Austin Potez (1st team all-district) returns to guide the Hornet multiple set offense.  Junior running back Caden Elmore will join him in the backfield.  Senior tight end Trenton Dickey (1st team all-district) and junior wide out Logan Parker will head the Hornet receiver corp.  Senior Paul Thonsgaard (12-3A-I Co-Offensive Lineman of the Year) will head an offensive line which will feature junior offensive tackle Colby Barrett (2nd team all-district) and junior linemen Shane Holst and A.J. Scott.

DEFENSE

Eight starters return to the Hardin 3-4 defense in 2020.  Defensive end Holst (2nd team all-district) and Thongaard at nose tackle will pace the Hornet defensive line.  Senior inside linebacker Dickey (1st team all-district) and junior inside backer Ryan Harris will be joined by returning senior outside linebacker Anthony Yeo and newcomer junior Dyian Morgan.  Potez, Elmore and junior Ty Tinkle will patrol the Hardin secondary.

SPECIAL TEAMS

The kicking and punting duties will be determined during fall practice.  Elmore will be the primary kick returner.

SCHEDULE

Aug. 28 - Kountze, 7:30 pm

Sept. 4 - at Hull-Daisetta, 7:30 pm

Sept. 11 - Beaumont Kelly Catholic, 7:00 pm

Sept. 18 - New Waverly, 7:30 pm

Sept. 25 - East Chambers, 7:30 pm

Oct. 2 - at Anahuac, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 9 - Buna, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 16 - at Kirbyville, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 23 - Woodville, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 30 - at Tarkington, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 6 - OPEN

STADIUM INFORMATION

Name: Hornet Stadium

Address: Berry at Baylor, Hardin, TX

Capacity: 2500

Turf: Artificial

Helmet Image Courtesy of texasfootball.com:

This is the hidden content, please

Stadium Information Courtesy of TexasBob.com Texas Football Stadium Database:

This is the hidden content, please

Preview is wrong. I guess Barrier did not get to fill this out?  I was really looking forward to this and see our new staff listed.The Coaching staff no longer has Bethea and Firmin.

LB Trent Dickey plays for Splendora now.

hornets will most likely have a different defense not a 3-4. Also a more run oriented attack. 

HORNET PRIDE!

21 minutes ago, Chuckwagon said:

Preview is wrong. I guess Barrier did not get to fill this out?  I was really looking forward to this and see our new staff listed.The Coaching staff no longer has Bethea and Firmin.

LB Trent Dickey plays for Splendora now.

hornets will most likely have a different defense not a 3-4. Also a more run oriented attack. 

HORNET PRIDE!

This was filled out by former coach Larry Haynes.

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

This was filled out by former coach Larry Haynes.

I will give Larry credit 10 year playoff drought and he brought us back. He got us new football turf we would of never got it without him pushing the issue. 

but not to have done more with these kids is unacceptable. Nasty Ned is playoff bound with these hornets! 

So let me get this right....this preview features player(s) that arent there and coaches that aren't there.......that's the most Hardin thing ever!

On 7/22/2020 at 10:54 AM, mrtomcat said:

So let me get this right....this preview features player(s) that arent there and coaches that aren't there.......that's the most Hardin thing ever!

At this point I’m just happy we have a full coaching staff again because last year was embarrassing. I’m not gonna pretend to know what the board decides but last year was clearly chaotic between AD/Board/Sup. I feel like AD just gave up after his hands were tied. That being Mvisible was disappointing. I feel like our Seniors season was sacrificed for a childish cause. 

glad things are back on track! 

Go Hornets! Go Coach Barrier!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin