Orangefield 77 Kountze 60/FINAL

WOSgrad

48 minutes ago, whsalum said:

That’s been the case for several years. 

True but this year is a senior heavy team with I think 3 soph s and 2 juniors. (I could be wrong on that). The jv has no one and when I mean no one I mean NO ONE. 2 of the jv ers are seniors which makes no sense. I know there s a couple of 8th graders with talent but not sure they are ready for varsity level come next year.

9 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

True but this year is a senior heavy team with I think 3 soph s and 2 juniors. (I could be wrong on that). The jv has no one and when I mean no one I mean NO ONE. 2 of the jv ers are seniors which makes no sense. I know there s a couple of 8th graders with talent but not sure they are ready for varsity level come next year.

I didnt know that seniors could play on JV

30 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Kountze loses 3 Seniors and returns 8. 
8th grade was average this year. 
7th grade went undefeated and beat everyone by 40+. Very nice group coming up for the boys and girls in the 7th grade. 

I have a good friend who’s son played on the boys 7th grade team. I’ve heard nothing but good things about him and the club. I hope to get to check them out. 

14 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

Kountze may have transfers coming back to to Kountze. They usually are kids that were originally in Kountze, or never left Kountze, deciding to come back.

My question was would these kids come back to an average club? Not just Kountze but it happens for various reasons all over SE Texas. Sometimes it has nothing to do with athletics, single parent homes are often a driving force. There are always however some that come for athletics. I don’t know anything much about Buna transfers . I think the best player in our area this year was originally from Buna but I could be wrong. 

54 minutes ago, whsalum said:

My question was would these kids come back to an average club? Not just Kountze but it happens for various reasons all over SE Texas. Sometimes it has nothing to do with athletics, single parent homes are often a driving force. There are always however some that come for athletics. I don’t know anything much about Buna transfers . I think the best player in our area this year was originally from Buna but I could be wrong. 

If you are speaking of Bush, he is a Silsbee kid. Always has been.

Speaking of Buna, their best player is a transfer from Silsbee. Matter of fact, because of a family situation (divorce), word is he will be moving back to Silsbee after this school year.

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

One of them is back this year, after a 3 win season. Obviously there are factors that play into every kid's situation, and I will not speak about kids that are on campus, specifically. 

As for Bush, his mom is from Buna. I don't know his father, but I am assuming he is from Silsbee. Bush's cousin, Shannon Robinson, attended Buna until his 8th grade season. At that point, he transferred to Silsbee. Jeremy Johnson also lived in Buna, played youth sports for Buna, before making the move over to Silsbee as a 7th grader. Bray went to Silsbee, spent a little time at Legacy, before coming back to Silsbee for his freshman year.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Speaking of Buna, their best player is a transfer from Silsbee. Matter of fact, because of a family situation (divorce), word is he will be moving back to Silsbee after this school year.

I am thinking we have a different opinion on who Buna's best player is. I'm hoping anyway.

8 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

I am thinking we have a different opinion on who Buna's best player is. I'm hoping anyway.

Maybe. But someone very close to Buna basketball team agrees with me.

13 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

One of them is back this year, after a 3 win season. Obviously there are factors that play into every kid's situation, and I will not speak about kids that are on campus, specifically. 

As for Bush, his mom is from Buna. I don't know his father, but I am assuming he is from Silsbee. Bush's cousin, Shannon Robinson, attended Buna until his 8th grade season. At that point, he transferred to Silsbee. Jeremy Johnson also lived in Buna, played youth sports for Buna, before making the move over to Silsbee as a 7th grader. Bray went to Silsbee, spent a little time at Legacy, before coming back to Silsbee for his freshman year.

Bush dad is from Silsbee. All-state basketball player who played for Sigler in the 90's.

I know that Bray is a Silsbee kid because he lives in my neighborhood (just around the block). Been living here basically all his life.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I had someone tell me several years ago his family was originally from Buna and he played Little Dribblers over there. I’m not implying any wrong doing on anyone’s part . Just that he has roots to Buna.

26 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

Thanks for the clarification 

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Maybe. But someone very close to Buna basketball team agrees with me.

Bush dad is from Silsbee. All-state basketball player who played for Sigler in the 90's.

I know that Bray is a Silsbee kid because he lives in my neighborhood (just around the block). Been living here basically all his life.

Oh I don't doubt it. People may be confused because his family ties to Buna, but I know. He's 100% Silsbee.