Remembering Reggie Williams

AggiesAreWe

Played for Coach Reggie at Woodville and he was by far my favorite coach of any I came across.  An absolute man of integrity and faith and did his best to make sure each players under him carried themselves in the same way.  My favorite memory of him was playing in a JV game against Kelly and he gave me the steal sign.  I’ve never been accused of being fleet of foot so I looked over into our dugout to see if I saw it right.  Lots of confused looks so I knew I wasn’t going crazy.  I Was thrown out by a country mile for the 3rd out and Coach Reggie beat me back to the dugout to question what I was doing cause he’d never tell me to steal.  My teammates had to tell him that he did and he just started laughing and apologized.  Next AB I got on and he once again gave me the steal sign...only this time with eye contact and a subtle head nod.  I beat the tag at 2nd and as I’m dusting myself off I hear the PA man say “runner advances to 2nd on the wild pitch”.  I look over and Coach Reggie is on the ground laughing.