Who will be the best team in the area in 2008?

I think with the talent that LCM has coming up and the kids on varsity last year, that they will be one of the toughest teams in the area! There pitching staff should be very deep! I think that Matt Johnson will end up being the ace of the staff next year. I see him throwing in the upper 80's next year. There is also tim barry who stepped up big for the bears last year. There will also be Two lefties in Dallas Brown and Ben Jones. Dallas my not be able to throw it 88 mph but he has good off speed that will keep you off balance. Then there is Ben Jones who throws in the 80's but has a very good change up. Then there is Stefan Cleoren. He didnt get to throw much last year do to Tommy John surgery but look for this kid to be on top. The pitching staff and defense will be good, but the sticks should be something else! The bats will be lead by Chad Richard and Tim Barry, they should be stacked 1 through. There is also Matt Johnson, Jon Gunn, Ben Jones, Stefan Cleoren, Stefan Leger, and Philip Richard.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB on the 3A level??........

I agree they have an up hill climb but on that climb they have a 2 year all dist 3rd baseman (prob goes to short)......All dist Catcher........3 pitchers who got work in all year at the varsity level (one all-dist as a sophomore).........2nd and 3rd with guys who saw time as utility players...........two outfielders who did the same..........first basemen all come back with experience............

Offense will be the question....no 10 run a game average but they will always be competitive

not as good as last year by far.........but...... they have as good a chance as any in a very tough "5a" district

my pick..........LC-M,

Guest Orangeboy

No offense, but WB JV will be better than any 3a team in SETX next year, as they were this year. WB will be the best team in the area next year, just like every other year, and I'll bet the farm on that one.

Would that be the Douget Rice farm?

I also seem to remeber that yalls starting pitcher was getting ripped so yall took him out and he started to cry and threw his glove down! ;D

not true!!  what happened that day was unfortunate but he was not taken out because he was getting ripped.............and you are talking about a scrimmage..........if we are going to talk about scrimmage's (and who cares) I think West Brook had their pay back on the bears in 07'

On second thought, maybe you are a different ETBU. I noticed a karma of positive 6.....can't be.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ha Ha figured that wouild get a rise out of you.  ;D Not going to have much back next year with the loss of Listi and Arnold but who knows? Just gotta hope for the best and plan for the worst.  8)

Guest Bulldog

My bad WB JV isn't better than y'all. After reavaluating our players on jv next year WB Jv will be awful. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

WB won't even make the playoff's next year.........

and your JV ever being better than anyone in 3A is a joke........

Humble down......

Channelview still finding it's way......

Memorial will still be Memorial......

Sterling with Cervanka only....

Lee middle of the pack......

Atascocita and Kingwood will be the teams to beat............West Brook will be in the top four playoff race........(and i agree wg is talking out of the rear about the jv thing........) I wouldn't count them out no matter who they lost!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder