Who will be the best team in the area in 2008?

The whole West Brook not wanting to play local teams just sounds like a serious EGO problem.  With your reasoning fellow, it sounds like "if we are mauled by 5A Kingwood then we can handle it"--BUT "we just can't handle it if Nederland, BC, or Sulphur La. beats us...LOL 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you taken the time to answer my last post yet.....Do you see Katy or TheWoodlands entering tournaments with 3+ 3a teams in them (like your asking West Brook to do)....Look at Cy-Fair....this years 5a state champs.... and check out who they scrimmage vs West Brooks (Jasper, Lufkin,PN-G,Clear Creek,Nederland, LC-M).....only one 5a school for West Brook.......Again it's not about winning in Southeast Texas for 5a baseball it's about winning  '5a'Houston because if you do that it means your in the State Finals........

handle it losing to an area team.....lol......if they couldn't they would have folded tent after game one loss to Ozen then shortly after to Barbers Hill...........handle it.....lol

it's hard enough for our area 5a schools to be respected in the Houston area in any sport and you think the way to get there is to put BC, Jasper, Silsbee, and who ever else on their schedules.........nice.....

It is interesting in that another whole thread has been instituted to try to say that WB should not play good 3As and 4As even if they are competitive ball games.  That is tragic to have to play 5As to make you feel good--in losing.....strange ???

Your NEVER gonna get any respect from Houston, even if you beat them like a drum, they can come up with more excuses or reasons than any WB fan can. If you check some of these threads on WB you will find they have already made a excuse just in case they do get beat by a lesser size school and havn't even took the field YET.

Homer I surely dont know as much as many others on this brd especially the WB crowd and NO I did not go to a WB game, infact the last time I was at WBs field my son no-hit them and that is a matter of fact and if I'm not mistaken the WBs asst now was the asst then for our team (96 HJ)!!! Although with my complete ignorance to this game I was smart enough to put >>> 2 <<< sons thru college, both on BB scollarships and 1 of them in Pro ball. Just whats your baseball background HOMER?????????????? Come on now give me just a few of your referances.

All i have to say about this situation is that a tourney would be good... and yes it probably would not benefit the bruins as much as it would benefit all the 3A and 4A teams from around this area... and if this tourney were to happen the smaller schools would need to throw their number ones at WB b/c they will resemble the pitchers that the bruins will be seeing in the long run... and also the smaller schools would have to realize if they do beat WB , Brook probably wouldnt be playing their starting 9... WB tends to experiment with what they have during pre season to see what they may have when it actually matters to win... so if a smaller school beats brook i dont think it would be correct to say they are better than WB... not tryin to be rude when a starting WB team can compete in a difficult 5A district its hard to compare smaller schools lineups with that.  there is quite a difference in competion on the 3A 4A 5A levels.

Geez, fellas...

I'll take a shot at answering the subject matter of this thread:

PRESEASON TOP 10:

1.  Barbers Hill -- best returning pitching staff in the area (maybe the State)

2.  LCM -- returns a ton of talent

3.  WB -- lost a lot but the barn ain't entirely empty

4.  PNG -- Indians go as far as Harrington can carry them

5.  Jasper -- lot of returning for 3A state champs

6.  BC -- young nucleus powers talent rich program

7.  Vidor -- builds on 07's success

8.  Buna -- returns core of last year's district champs

9.  OF -- surprise pick?  Lot of young talent over there...

10. HF -- makes 21-3A a horse race...again

Argue over that instead of how hates/loves WB and why.  And, last time I checked...the 2007 season was over.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder