Who will be the best team in the area in 2008?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Tx   ...   i would like to know wat team in the area consistently beats WB ...  if i recall only one team from the area beat WB this year

Ozen and BH beat them this year.  PNG lost in 8 innings.  I maintain that WB was the best team last year in the area but its not like WB shows up, game over....I think that disrespects a lot of other good programs in the area.

• 3 months later...

I think with the talent that LCM has coming up and the kids on varsity last year, that they will be one of the toughest teams in the area! There pitching staff should be very deep! I think that Matt Johnson will end up being the ace of the staff next year. I see him throwing in the upper 80's next year. There is also tim barry who stepped up big for the bears last year. There will also be Two lefties in Dallas Brown and Ben Jones. Dallas my not be able to throw it 88 mph but he has good off speed that will keep you off balance. Then there is Ben Jones who throws in the 80's but has a very good change up. Then there is Stefan Cleoren. He didnt get to throw much last year do to Tommy John surgery but look for this kid to be on top. The pitching staff and defense will be good, but the sticks should be something else! The bats will be lead by Chad Richard and Tim Barry, they should be stacked 1 through. There is also Matt Johnson, Jon Gunn, Ben Jones, Stefan Cleoren, Stefan Leger, and Philip Richard.

Bh is right now projected to go all the way to state.  They have all of there pitching back and they have some very good hitters coming back. :D

wheres silsbee in these predictioins?

they only lost three starters

moss is the best 3rd baseman in the area

silsbee has two of the best baserunners in the area with hargrove and derossette

wolcott is without a doubt the best shortstop

and with mcdonald, wolcott, and skinner on the mound, the tigers will be pretty much unstoppable

webleedmoron please that is the same team you had last year and you didn't make the play offs what do you think will change ? SERIOUSLY.

Yep that is the same team from last year. Whats your point, from my sports career having returning lettermen, usally ment more experince. Plus im not sure but didnt silsbee split games with both the state champion and bridge city not leaving out, they beat Rodgers the 2A state champion.

Yep that is the same team from last year. Whats your point, from my sports career having returning lettermen, usally ment more experince. Plus im not sure but didnt silsbee split games with both the state champion and bridge city not leaving out, they beat Rodgers the 2A state champion.

great point bob lee swagger and you tool the words right out of my mouth.

anymore from the peanut gallery?

BLS and WEBLEEDMORON  First which one of you is Mo and which on of you is Ron. You know exactly  what my point is, but just in case you really didn't get it I will tell you again. Point is Schooling (All-District Pitcher), Hargrove (Co-Defensive MVP), and Rocky (Offensive MVP) aren't coming back, and they were the best players on the team and still only managed a fourth place finish. All the other schools have returning lettermen also so that will not be a advantage for Silsbee. So again my question is what makes you think in November that Silsbee will be "UNSTOPPABLE" with the same team as last year minus the three best players.    ???

BLS and WEBLEEDMORON   First which one of you is Mo and which on of you is Ron. You know exactly  what my point is, but just in case you really didn't get it I will tell you again. Point is Schooling (All-District Pitcher), Hargrove (Co-Defensive MVP), and Rocky (Offensive MVP) aren't coming back, and they were the best players on the team and still only managed a fourth place finish. All the other schools have returning lettermen also so that will not be a advantage for Silsbee. So again my question is what makes you think in November that Silsbee will be "UNSTOPPABLE" with the same team as last year minus the three best players.    ???

You are just the smartest person in the world arent you.

but your right about one thing it is november, and all im going to say about this is "We're Here" waiting for that first district game!!!!!!

'da bears! ;D

I hear Coach Lovie Smith has a heck of a team.

leading off and playing center field is Devin Hester

number two hitter should be Bernard Berrian

big first baseman John St. Clair is hitting third

clean up hitter is leftfielder Muhsin Muhammad

number five guy is the third baseman Brian Urlacher (ty cobb of his day)

six hole hitter is the shortstop Nathan Vasher

starting in right field is Adewale Ogunleye

in the eighth spot is second sacker Charles Tillman

pitching and hitting ninth is Rex Grossman

When you have a bullpen of Brian Griese, Rashied Davis, Kyle Orten and John Tait you are loaded!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder