**JASPER 8 BC 6 FINAL/GAME 1**

bc was up 6-1 jasper had two outs and runner on second..they intentionally walked the leadoff batter ....the next guy hits a triple and they end up scoring five runs that inning....

In defense of the coach, is it not a "common strategy" to walk a right handed batter to get to the lefty, since Stringer is a lefty?  By the book, it SHOULD have worked.  And set up a play at any base.  Hart can fly to first, and with someone on second, that speed was neutralized.  Sure, Bronson messed up the move with a triple (most likely just a double for an average human), but that does not mean it was a bad strategy.  I think the coach should be given the benefit of the doubt on this one.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be Ellis.  Mixon seems to use the lefty Parson in relief from what I have seen.  Parson actually warmed up briefly in the 6th inning but never came in to pitch.  That kinda showed Mixon's hand a bit, but heck I wouldn't be surprised if Reagen, Ellis, Stephenson or Parson started tomorrow.  The biggest negative to Reagen throwing agin in my book is that it throws our defensive setup out of whack.

you're right man........good game for both teams.....i wasn't there but i heard it was a good game

Was a very good game with great atomsphere.  Pass words on to your Jasper friends not to walk over in front of a bunch of fans and stand in their way so that no one can watch the game without standing up.  They were just fine when they were over in their spot cheering, but they came right in front of a large group of people behind home plate and wouldn't move.  Made Jasper youth look bad IMO.  Hopefully they won't repeat that anymore.

Was a very good game with great atomsphere.  Pass words on to your Jasper friends not to walk over in front of a bunch of fans and stand in their way so that no one can watch the game without standing up.  They were just fine when they were over in their spot cheering, but they came right in front of a large group of people behind home plate and wouldn't move.  Made Jasper youth look bad IMO.  Hopefully they won't repeat that anymore.

well i wasn't there tonight but i'm going tommorrow and if they do it then i will let them know

Guest Bulldog

I was thinking the same thing.  You can never as a player and especially a high school player ever, ever, ever question your coach like that.   I promise if you do that in college you will be sitting in the stands and not on the field.  He may not be making the right move, but that is not your decision to question.   Then in the last inning. Stand at the plate and watch the ball while you should be running is terrible.  That should have been a double that was turned into a single because of lack of concentration.    Never think you are bigger then the game.  It will beat you.  

Sorry, for calling someone out on this site.  Your a good player, but attitudes ruin good players.

For one thing i didn't see were the ball went.......lack of concentration please......

For one thing i didn't see were the ball went.......lack of concentration please......

You may not have saw where the ball went.  But from the first time you start playing baseball.  The coaches tell you to run until the umps. tell you to stop. So that is no excuse for standing at home plate.  Finish every play out.  You can not put a price on hustle.

im prettysure some of the BC players were also standing just a little bit to the left of all of the jasper players.

any body that has ever played baseball has had moments when they do something stupid...it happens...its part of the game...

You can sugar coat it how ever you want.  But in a game of this magnitude, you have to finish every play. That is the difference in good teams and players, at this level in the playoffs.  Jasper was down 6-1 and did not stand around and watch the ball.  Guess what, they came back and won.  That is a never say die attitude that has beat BC 3 times this year.  

Guest JHS_Alumni05

Those Jasper kids were standing BEHIND the Jasper Fans getting that section pumped up...if BC has a problem with that - Its a playoff game, get there early and sit where you can see or stand up.

Guest ballfan

BC's side was packed and I really liked the painted up guys out there with neuter the dogs that was pretty funny. But I have to give credit to the Jasper fans even while down 6-1 they never were quiet and never gave up on their team.

I wasn't there either and from what I read I would like to be cleared up on what exactly happend...........

This is what I got from reading every post:

An int walk was given to the lead off hitter to put runners on first and second with two outs..........got that!!( i think)

next batter an error was made(is this right)

or was the next batter the one to hit the triple( this is were I'm lost!?!?!?!)

Pitchers should never show emotion.......ever...........Worry about the things you can control not the things you have no control over..........Everyone gets competitive but pitchers are center stage ALL THE TIME.........on the mound is not the place for giving opinions............

This should be for all players on "after hitting the ball".............You could be the best team player on your team but if you dog out a pop up anywhere...........it's a selfish act..If you dont want that lable then never give anyone the chance to see it happen.....JMO........There's a little guy that stands about 5 to 10 feet from the first base bag........and his responsibility is to know where the ball is for you and deside weither you can make it to second or not...................if you don't run out of the box the choice is made by the hitter.......(selfish)......again JMO

Those Jasper kids were standing BEHIND the Jasper Fans getting that section pumped up...if BC has a problem with that - Its a playoff game, get there early and sit where you can see or stand up.

First of all this is about as stupid a response as I have ever heard.

Second, stand in front of me and I promise you will not have time to cheer your fans as

I will be digging in your backside for being rude and disrespectful.

ANYONE who pays to get in and watch this game should get to do just that.

Do your rallying between the innings and then get out of the way.

Disrespectful young adults.

Those Jasper kids were standing behind Jasper and in front of fans from all over East Texas who arrived at the game well before most of the students who congregated during the first 2 innings.  The standing section grew as the game went on, and that fine as long as they were in the spot that had no one sitting directly behind them.  Nothing wrong with coming over and getting your section pumped up between innings, but then get out of the way.  If a police officer would have been around he would have cleared you out of the ailse.  One gentleman actually went to look for the office, but came back with a pretzel :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476