**JASPER 8 BC 6 FINAL/GAME 1**

everybody is going to blame the coach for this one..which the intentional walk was very questionable but if you cant catch the curveball as a catcher and you cant throw the ball from home to first then you dont deserve to win...and i could be wrong but all but three of jaspers 8 runs were unearned..so dont even start in on the coach..he only cost them maybe two runs.....b.c is not out of it but i dont see them rebounding from this disaster.....

He only cost them 2 runs!!!!! Would 2 runs have made a difference in this game???????

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like everyone wants to put the blame on the coach, but he can't make the plays on the field for you!! I can tell you one thing, the player that had a problem with what the coach decided, would enjoy the next game on the bench!!

Don't care who he is!!!!

If Coach Young was still here.  This player would not only not be on the bench.  He would not even be on the bus back to the stadium tomorrow.  He could watch the game from the bench in the stands.  

well lets see if he would have pitched to hart and got him out....the catcher would have still thrown the ball into right filed twice and the short stop still would have made two bad throws to first that cost them at least two runs....and they still would have quit hitting the ball after the third inning

Guest PurplePride

Either way...........good game to both! Would you, should you, is behind you now.........it doesn't matter.......Jasper won, so be it...you have two games to complete and master! Go BC! ;D

We can all replay this last out all night long, but it will still have the same outcome.....what happened happened and there's no changing it......unfortunately for BC, and luckily for Jasper.

Tomorrow's another day and another game plan. We learn from our mistakes and go on. No sense in beating ourselves and everyone else up in the process by replaying it over and over.

See you all tomorrow night and hopefully watch Jasper come through with a victory, because Kirbyville is behind the Bulldogs 100% !!!!!!

Missed everything tonight, someone give a scoring update. Tons of updates on threads but no names of who hit the ball, rbi's and such.

What inning did Reagan come out?

Who relieved him?

Did Stringer go the distance?

1. 2nd inning

2. Not sure of name,  good off speed stuff 8 k's if i'm corrrect.

3. Yes stringer went the distance.   He pitched plenty good enough to win.  He was in total control until the intentional walk.  Then the wheels fell off the wagon on defense.  Not his fault at all except for poor attitude.

Stephenson was the relief pitcher for Jasper.......looked to have a nasty slider that led to a lot of strikeouts.  BTW, I think Raegan went 3, but not sure.

Like watching two games for the first three innings the wheels fell off of Jaspers wagon......then the last four the wheels fell off BC wagons.  The auto walk was pivotal, in that is when the most damage was done.

I hope both teams got the "errors" out of them tonight.....and we have two well played ballgames coming up......

Also the crowd was huge!!  Wonder what the attendance was??

I would say Meeks for sure, but Jasper may come back with Stephenson again, would not be unheard of for them!!!

Another pivotal play was when BC was up 6-1, Dillion was on 3rd, Robertson was on with 1 OUT.  On a fly ball to left hit by Bolton, the BC coach sends Dillion home, mind you the fly ball was not too far behind 3rd base and the left fielder throws Dillion out at the plate.  End of inning.

If I had my druthers, I would have held him up and went with the odds  with Dishon at the plate with two outs and two on.

But, I just get to watch the game, not make the calls ;)

Guest BC boy 17

For some reason every time BC has played Jasper, BC ends up beating themselves. Not sure what happened tonight, BC had been playing some great ball over the last several games and until the 3rd inning, but then bottom dropped out after that though

I will give a recap from a Jasper's fan perspective and allow the BC fans to give theirs.

First time I have seen either Reagen or Stringer pitch.  Stringer pitched a good game.  Reagen appeared to be grooving the ball and BC was slapping the cover off of it against him.  Reagen went 3 innings and gave up all of BC runs.  Some of them were unearned, at least 2 maybe more.  Field conditions certainly played a bit of a role.  Outfielders did a good job as long as they were within the lines, but it was very wet outside of the lines and at the warning track.  Infielders really struggled for both teams.  I don't know if the dirt was wet or what but the left side of the infield had a bad night for BC, and not much better for Jasper.  The two bad throws to first on 3rd strikes in the dirt were huge.  The ball appeared to sail on him both times.  Stringer was visibly upset at his defense.  Stephenson came and practically shut down BC.  He had good command of his pitches and moved the ball around much better than Reagen did.  Both teams made good contact throughout the batting order.  It was like down games.  Reminded me of a football game where one team dominates the 1st half and the other team dominates the 2nd half. As far as BC's coach and Jasper's for that matter.  I thought they both coached an outstanding game.  The call to put Hart on base was the correct call.  Bronson has shown to be a slap style hitter in all the games I have seen.  He grounded out weakily to 2nd twice before his triple in this case.    I think 95% of all coaches would have made the same decision.  You set up a force agaisnt a ground ball hitter for sure.  It was a good game that I had given up for lost when Stringer had a 6-1 lead, but you have to give Jasper a lot of credit for continuing to play hard and fighting back.  The catcher for BC had a rough game behind the plate, but man he can kill a baseball.  The freshmen infield for BC have loads of talent and a bright future.  Dishon was as advertised.  Can't wait for game 2!!

As a side note:  Please refrain from putting down individual players for their actions during the game.  It is uncalled for and it is the coaches job that most of you are defending or railing on to deal with his players, not anonymous kids and adults on a message board IMHO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami