*Coach Of The Year?*

It is hard for me to believe that someone would begin a post with "I heard somethng about".  If you don't know it don't post it.  What is this, a beauty shop?  The man is not perfect, but please remember there are two sides to every story.  If you have been in the coaching profession for very long you will find out that sometimes players and coaches stories don't exactly match.  Did anyone ever think maybe the player was a little disgruntled about playing time.  Maybe he was even a little league all-star who thought he was the next Derek Jeter.  I'm just saying lets don't jump to conclusions.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coachhooker

It is hard for me to believe that someone would begin a post with "I heard somethng about".  If you don't know it don't post it.  What is this, a beauty shop?  The man is not perfect, but please remember there are two sides to every story.  If you have been in the coaching profession for very long you will find out that sometimes players and coaches stories don't exactly match.  Did anyone ever think maybe the player was a little disgruntled about playing time.  Maybe he was even a little league all-star who thought he was the next Derek Jeter.  I'm just saying lets don't jump to conclusions.

thank you this is coach of the year topic not bash someone on what you have heard from someone topic, once again I will say it coach Bryant is a wonderful coach that teaches the right way to play the game and might coach in one of the hardest 3a districts in the state he might not have won the district but he has been to 2 consective state tournaments and has BC back in the reg semi, still my vote for coach of the year is the vidor coach and HJ coach and small school Buna's coach

Gil Stalbaum-Barbers Hill

Eagles 28-6-1 playing in regional semi-finals today.

Lost returning ss/pitcher Chase Barrera for the season, two days before season began.

Pitching ace, Ross Hales returning from off-season surgery.

First year in 4AAAA, and rumored to be smallest 4A school in state. 

BH #8 in state 4A polls.

Guest Orangeboy

Gil Stalbaum-Barbers Hill

Eagles 28-6-1 playing in regional semi-finals today.

Lost returning ss/pitcher Chase Barrera for the season, two days before season began.

Pitching ace, Ross Hales returning from off-season surgery.

First year in 4AAAA, and rumored to be smallest 4A school in state. 

BH #8 in state 4A polls.

This guy also deserves much more credit than he is getting.

Be careful of what you wish for. I know the BC coach to be a good man and of impeccable character. Any coach that can take a team to back to back state tournaments and then to the regional the next year playing the #1 team in the state can go anywhere and coach. It is a shame that no one understands that these kids go to school to be educated and it is a shame that people in BC can not support his efforts as a coach and a teacher. Good luck tonight Cardinals!

I will never knock coach bryant.  I believe he does a very good job.  But this isn't coach of the last 2 years.  It is coach of this year.  I think you have to look at the teams that have overachieved.  Here is my list in no particular order.

Walton WB-Won a tough 5A district no one really gave them a shot in.

Griffith LCM-Won a tough 4A district no one really gave them a shot in.

Green Vidor-Got Vidor in the playoffs for first time in 40 years.

HJ (sorry can't call his name)  No one predicted them to get in the playoffs.  And I mean all the way through the play in game people were stll not picking them.

I would add Mixon, but I think people expected what they have done this season with the talent they have on the field.  But he does do a good job.

Coach Bryant jumps back toward the top of the list if they defeat Carthage.  But as of right now if they loose this series IMO they have underachieved just a little this season.  While these other teams have overachieved a great deal.

NO I WAS JUST BEING NICE WHEN I SAID I "HEARD" BUT THIS REALLY DID HAPPEN BUT I WONT PUT THE NAME OF THE KID IT HAPPENED TO.... IF U WANNA KNOW SO BAD SEND ME A MESSAGE

Guest bleed orange

I cannot believe you people. Baseball parents are more vocal than football and basketball put together. I will tell you what the problem is. Most of you are counting on your kid getting a college scholarship so you don't have to pay for it. I think everyone wishes that. The problem is you did not prepare for your kid to go to college, so now you are wondering how are you going to pay for it? You know what, too bad. You should not have bought new homes(that you can't afford), cars, deer hunts, boats, RV's, Four wheelers, Golf carts and what ever. Everbody thinks their kid is an all-star, sorry but they are not. Some day there will not be any more coaches or teachers and it is because goofy people like you. Keeping up with the jones is what most people are all about. Coaches and teachers are special people. Leave them alone. Until you have been in their shoes, put up or shut up.

Guest coachhooker

I cannot believe you people. Baseball parents are more vocal than football and basketball put together. I will tell you what the problem is. Most of you are counting on your kid getting a college scholarship so you you don't have to pay for it. I think everyone wishes that. The problem is you did not prepare for your kid to go to college, so now you are wondering how are you going to pay for it. You know what, too bad. You should not have bought new homes(that you can't afford), cars, deer hunts, boats, RV's, Four wheelers, Golf carts and what ever. Everbody thinks their kid is an all-star, sorry but they are not. Some day there will not be any more coaches or teachers and it is because goofy people like you. Keeping up with the jones is what most people are all about. Coaches and teachers are special people. Leave them alone. Until you have been in their shoes, put up or shut up.

wow

I cannot believe you people. Baseball parents are more vocal than football and basketball put together. I will tell you what the problem is. Most of you are counting on your kid getting a college scholarship so you you don't have to pay for it. I think everyone wishes that. The problem is you did not prepare for your kid to go to college, so now you are wondering how are you going to pay for it. You know what, too bad. You should not have bought new homes(that you can't afford), cars, deer hunts, boats, RV's, Four wheelers, Golf carts and what ever. Everbody thinks their kid is an all-star, sorry but they are not. Some day there will not be any more coaches or teachers and it is because goofy people like you. Keeping up with the jones is what most people are all about. Coaches and teachers are special people. Leave them alone. Until you have been in their shoes, put up or shut up.

Surely not every person posting an opinion on this thread is in the situation you describe.  If they are, they should check out the Inspire 12 Program for next year and consider LCM or WO-S to pay for their kid's college education.  Parents could essentially spend junior's college fund on toys and still have his education paid for as long as he participates in one UIL activity and maintains a "C" average throughout high school at one of these two schools.  This new program begins next year and students at LCM or WOS will receive 100% of books, tuition and fees to any Texas State University if they meet these simple minimum requirements.  It is not based on financial need, all will qualify.  I know it seems too good to be true.  I just wish my son could have taken advantage of this unbelievable program before he graduated.  Luckily, baseball funded most of his education, so I got to keep my toys ;D

Guest bleed orange

I agree, some do not, but there are alot that do prepare for their kid to go to college. Some parents put way to much pressure on their kids to succeed. I am glad your child had most of his or her education paided for so you could keep your toys.

I cannot believe you people. Baseball parents are more vocal than football and basketball put together. I will tell you what the problem is. Most of you are counting on your kid getting a college scholarship so you don't have to pay for it. I think everyone wishes that. The problem is you did not prepare for your kid to go to college, so now you are wondering how are you going to pay for it? You know what, too bad. You should not have bought new homes(that you can't afford), cars, deer hunts, boats, RV's, Four wheelers, Golf carts and what ever. Everbody thinks their kid is an all-star, sorry but they are not. Some day there will not be any more coaches or teachers and it is because goofy people like you. Keeping up with the jones is what most people are all about. Coaches and teachers are special people. Leave them alone. Until you have been in their shoes, put up or shut up.

Bleed Orange...know all facts before you post. I can afford my cadillac.

well said..besides you can count on one hand how many baseball players in the last five years from b.c. have gotten scholarships and are still playing....not that i ever got one but it is extremely hard to get a scholarship much less go and stay and achieve yoour mgoal of playing college ball..you have to be very dedicated to what you are doing and why you are there....and i am not saying the incident did or didnt happen and i am not saying a coach shouldnt help a kid try to get a scholarship..but what if that coach helps say three or four kids get a scholarship and all of them end up leaving after one year or befroe the year is even up..and this happens year after year..i would say that puts that coach in a bad situation....just my opinion....

Guest bleed orange

Look maybe I over stepped my bounds a little bit. But some parents do put way to much pressure on their kids today. The little girl across the street from me started crying because she made a "B" on her report card. She is motivated and that is good but to cry because she made a "B", thats a little extreme to me. Kids get grounded for making a "B". If I did that with my daughter she would be grounded her whole high school life. I understand not all parents are like that but some are.

Look maybe I over stepped my bounds a little bit. But some parents do put way to much pressure on their kids today. The little girl across the street from me started crying because she made a "B" on her report card. She is motivated and that is good but to cry because she made a "B", thats a little extreme to me. Kids get grounded for making a "B". If I did that with my daughter she would be grounded her whole high school life. I understand not all parents are like that but some are.

Some student have no excuses for making a "B".  If you ever had the privilege to teach you would certainly understand that.  You are right there are way too many unrealistic expectations placed on some students, but the reality is that there are far more parents who care too little about their child's education than those who are too extreme.  FAR MORE!

Guest bleed orange

Jacf, I understand what you are are saying but that is beyond anyones control. If you are strong, you do not need a schorlarship. You will make it reguardless. The strong survive the weak do not. My coach taught me that.

Guest bleed orange

Some student have no excuses for making a "B".  If you ever had the privilege to teach you would certainly understand that.  You are right there are way too many unrealistic expectations placed on some students, but the reality is that there are far more parents who care too little about their child's education than those who are too extreme.  FAR MORE!

I hope your kid lives up to your expectations. I do agree there are parents that do not care and I applaud the ones that do care to a certain degree.

Guest bleed orange

I have seen people(AAU) that live the good life off the dreams of young people and their parents. Now I have seen this only in girls basketball. But it is in every sport and that is what I have a problem with. People will tell you anything to make a buck. High school sports is the only pure thing we have left. Don't ruin it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder