Splendora 24 Lumberton 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

Congrats to Splendora.  They played tough with almost no mistakes. They were the better team tonight. QB is a gamer and played great tonight. 41 had big plays on both sides of the ball.  Raiders made a few costly mistakes but played hard and took it to the wire after a rough first half.   Raiders had their chance late and Splendra stepped up. This was an awesome game. $5.00 was a heck of a deal for all that got to see it. 

8 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Interception in end zone. This is a game we could have won despite what anybody has been saying.

Congratulations Splendora on the win

This is so true. If you were at the game you’d know. 

Missed FG, bad snaps, block PAT, costly  penalties, QB sacks at end of game while inside the 15.  Bad, bad play calling. But again this is part of football. 

Man we were so close.. on to LCM

44 minutes ago, VP93.... said:

Congratulations Splendora on the win

This is so true. If you were at the game you’d know. 

Missed FG, bad snaps, block PAT, costly  penalties, QB sacks at end of game while inside the 15.  Bad, bad play calling. But again this is part of football. 

Man we were so close.. on to LCM

Bad play calling? On our last two drives we were marching down the field easily with all the momentum and when we get into the red zone we ran two plays in a row for negative yards. Both times. Babin put us in a position to win twice, but the players didn’t execute.

We move the ball inside the 30 on our first drive of the game, have a bad snap and lose 10 yards. Miss a 40+ yard field that was a beautiful kick just a little to the left... not Babin’s fault.

Score on second drive, third drive we’re moving again, have another bad snap that killed the drive... not Babin’s fault.

if I’m correct our fourth drive of the game our qb runs backwards and takes a huge 10 yard sack. Kills the drive.... not Babin’s fault.

The same thing happened in the 3rd quarter, another costly sack.

We make a big comeback, and get an extra point blocked. So now we’re down 4 point instead of 3 (with a competent field goal kicker who almost nailed one from 40.)... once again, not Babin’s fault.

we stop Splendora 3 and out, have a sack at the 10 yard line making it 4th and 30, BUT we have a face mask called which gives them a automatic 1st down. I don’t fault the player on that one, he was kinda out of control and was lucky to even get his hands on the qb in open field like that. Just got unlucky on where his hand ended up. Anyway, we stop them again but now instead of them punting from their goal line they are closer to midfield.... that resulted in a big swing in field position. Babin calls the right plays to get us to the red zone with ease. We run two plays in a row for a loss of about 5-10 yards. Can’t kick a field goal and couldn’t overcome the 3rd/4th and long for a td.... not Babin’s fault.

Then our defense forces a fumble and gives us new life inside a minute left. I’m not gonna say anything about the last drive because our young sophomore qb made a mistake, but he will learn from it. That kid ran his butt off all game and made a few good throws and shouldn’t be hanging his head.... but you get the idea, what happened on the final drive was not Babin or poor play calling.

Thats my summary of the game for people who weren’t there or who wanna bash Coach Babin (cue Coach 23). The truth is, our team once again had a bad first half. We beat them in the second half 13-7, just wasn’t enough to overcome our poor first half performance. Splendora scored zero points after their first drive of the third quarter. That’s the kind of defense that myself and many others were bragging about all week, just didn’t see it till it was too late... actually, that last statement was wrong. It wasn’t too late because we had two chances to win at the end.

So, on to LCM, we’ll have to “settle” for second place. But if you wanna come on here and call out Babin then maybe we were at different games. Because from what I saw he stuck to his gameplan, trusted his system, and had us in a position to win. Between the first drive and last two drives and blocked extra point, we left at the very least 13 points off the board considering we get a field goal on those three drives and not tds. In a four point loss that is huge. Now, tell me how they was Coach Babin’s fault?

Rant over. Onto LCM....

25 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Bad play calling? On our last two drives we were marching down the field easily with all the momentum and when we get into the red zone we ran two plays in a row for negative yards. Both times. Babin put us in a position to win twice, but the players didn’t execute.

Yes, bad play calling. Not just last minutes of the game.. but you see it your way and I saw it a different way! Both teams played good. Coaches made great halftime  adjustments and man we were so close. 

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

True, I guess we can agree to disagree 

L-Train11 would finally put this game to bed?  Splendora was the better team because they executed.  Defense stood tall and offense took care of business for 3 quarters.  A couple of kids you bragged on were non factors in this game and highly over rated on this board.  You said Lumberton would stop the run but they gave up over 200 yards in the run game.  On to LCM for you guys.  

6 minutes ago, Nuttin'buttnet said:

L-Train11 would finally put this game to bed?  Splendora was the better team because they executed.  Defense stood tall and offense took care of business for 3 quarters.  A couple of kids you bragged on were non factors in this game and highly over rated on this board.  You said Lumberton would stop the run but they gave up over 200 yards in the run game.  On to LCM for you guys.  

It’s only the next morning. And if you read my long post you would see where I ended it saying “Rant over. Onto LCM”

Congrats to Splendora on the DC!

On 11/3/2018 at 6:42 AM, L-Train11 said:

We move the ball inside the 30 on our first drive of the game, have a bad snap and lose 10 yards. Miss a 40+ yard field that was a beautiful kick just a little to the left... not Babin’s fault.

Score on second drive, third drive we’re moving again, have another bad snap that killed the drive... not Babin’s fault.

if I’m correct our fourth drive of the game our qb runs backwards and takes a huge 10 yard sack. Kills the drive.... not Babin’s fault.

The same thing happened in the 3rd quarter, another costly sack.

We make a big comeback, and get an extra point blocked. So now we’re down 4 point instead of 3 (with a competent field goal kicker who almost nailed one from 40.)... once again, not Babin’s fault.

we stop Splendora 3 and out, have a sack at the 10 yard line making it 4th and 30, BUT we have a face mask called which gives them a automatic 1st down. I don’t fault the player on that one, he was kinda out of control and was lucky to even get his hands on the qb in open field like that. Just got unlucky on where his hand ended up. Anyway, we stop them again but now instead of them punting from their goal line they are closer to midfield.... that resulted in a big swing in field position. Babin calls the right plays to get us to the red zone with ease. We run two plays in a row for a loss of about 5-10 yards. Can’t kick a field goal and couldn’t overcome the 3rd/4th and long for a td.... not Babin’s fault.

Then our defense forces a fumble and gives us new life inside a minute left. I’m not gonna say anything about the last drive because our young sophomore qb made a mistake, but he will learn from it. That kid ran his butt off all game and made a few good throws and shouldn’t be hanging his head.... but you get the idea, what happened on the final drive was not Babin or poor play calling.

Thats my summary of the game for people who weren’t there or who wanna bash Coach Babin (cue Coach 23). The truth is, our team once again had a bad first half. We beat them in the second half 13-7, just wasn’t enough to overcome our poor first half performance. Splendora scored zero points after their first drive of the third quarter. That’s the kind of defense that myself and many others were bragging about all week, just didn’t see it till it was too late... actually, that last statement was wrong. It wasn’t too late because we had two chances to win at the end.

So, on to LCM, we’ll have to “settle” for second place. But if you wanna come on here and call out Babin then maybe we were at different games. Because from what I saw he stuck to his gameplan, trusted his system, and had us in a position to win. Between the first drive and last two drives and blocked extra point, we left at the very least 13 points off the board considering we get a field goal on those three drives and not tds. In a four point loss that is huge. Now, tell me how they was Coach Babin’s fault?

Rant over. Onto LCM....

Lumberton’s game plan needs to be better from the get go. Adjustments in 2nd half have been real good, but 1st half against Huffman and Splendora has them having to come back from 24-7 in both games. They need to come out of the gates at full tilt and not playing catch up.