* LC-M 5 PN-G 4 Final/Wednesday*

Both teams played a great game with it constantly going back and forth. 0-2 in the 3rd, 3-2 in the 5th and 4-5 in the 6th. The balk by harrington and the ball Leggit missed by inches where huge (not an error by any means). I think both Johnson and Harrington where left in an inning too long.

BTW this is to the PNG fan leaving the park. All I have left to say is, no matter what the season record is....

BEARS WIN

LCM Bear 04 #77

Way to go.  Calling the name of a player for not getting to the ball hit off of your family member.  Way to go.  Second guessing your coach as to when your family member should have been pulled.  If the coach should have pulled him before he got hit hard, that would have been about the second inning.

Be a fan of the team.  Not just the player with your last name on the back of his jersey.

I apologize to the fans of both sides for allowing myself to "waller" in the mud yesterday...but...sometimes it feels dang good to stoop to the lower level, especially when the other teams' fans deride your kids, on your side of the fence.  Now does it make it right? Naw, it's still wrong, but sometimes our humanity gets the best of us.  I appreciate the Bears "quieting" (shutting up) the "vociferous" (loud a...ummm..."donkey") PNG fan on THEIR side of the dugout with what mattered most...good ball play...

In addition...to fans on both sides...be loud, be loud as you want to...but don't call the kids playing the game "no good", or "lousy", or "losers", screaming those put downs out loud.  These are HIGH SCHOOL athletes, not getting paid to play the game.  Now if you go to the 'Stros game, them boys are getting paid millions, go ahead on then...but not at a high school ahtlete.

Great post by elhector1

^^^More like fourth inning buddy and there are no names on the back of the jerseys.

BTW I am a fan of the team and the kids on the team.

I should have been more specific, as  I assumed you would recognize a figure of speech when you read one.  I would also foolishly assume you could understand the point being made in my post, but in the future I will spell it out for you.  So, here we go- stating in a forum such as this (meaning a message board for public viewing) it is more tactful to congratulate the winners, or in this case, both teams for playing a great game- than to second-guess the coach (this in reference to your statement that "bubba" was left in too long).  My reference to the "name on the back of the jersey" could have also read, "be a fan of the TEAM, not just your brother".  I hope that is clear enough for you.

Don't get me wrong, I think Johnson did a great job, but IMO was not left in too long.  The bears and their coaching staff should be thrilled with the victory and not have to deal with second guessing. 

IMO I think that both pitchers did a wonderful job on the hill.  Jones and Leggitt did their job when they came in also.  I don't think Harrington was left in too long but I do think the errors cost him dearly including the 1st inning balk.  The error at short in the 6th was huge.  Png also has to start hitting with more consistency too.  The 2nd half of any season is always interesting.  PNG will be alright. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder