Best Middle Infielder in SETX?

strosfan you are ridiculous!!! you should not ever be able to speak again after the comment you just made. Murphy and ferguson are goddeses and put many other middle infielders to shame.... it wouldnt matter if these guys were playing TAPPS they would still be incredible... so quit crying..... theres no crying in baseball!!

I  am not sure either Murphy or Ferguson are ready to be defined in terms of 'goddeses' (or gods, for that matter).  Lets just say they're both really good, probably the best 2 in the area and leave it at that. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ABCD, it's not ecscalade, it's escalate, and yes it did escalate quickly.People need to get their panties out of the huge knot they are in just because they are jealous that WB produces more quality players than any other school in the area, and they know that they CANT compete with the mighty bruins.

Hey ABCD, it's not ecscalade, it's escalate, and yes it did escalate quickly.People need to get their panties out of the huge knot they are in just because they are jealous that WB produces more quality players than any other school in the area, and they know that they CANT compete with the mighty bruins.

Sounds as though West Brook has their Cheerleaders all standing up and making statements about their team which is a good one I know; but I'm inclined to agree with strosfan, that sometimes as good, sometimes better ball players are found at smaller institutions as well. That's why scouts will make the rounds to all schools with named talent to check out all that may apply. Just hope that your coaching staff at your school does a good job with his or her reports.

Big school v/s small does matter in pitching and hitting and IMO dont matter in the least in fielding. I am a firm believer in playing UP to your competition. If you remember back a cpl of yrs back their was a kid in 1a> Colmesneil (I think) with some GAS that several Pro scouts shyed away from with the reason being he was in 1a school allthough he still went early and ended up strugling a yr or 2. You can take a star pitcher or hitter in 1a and most (not all) will be ave at best at a 4 or 5a school. Just my 2 cents.

Big school v/s small does matter in pitching and hitting and IMO dont matter in the least in fielding. I am a firm believer in playing UP to your competition. If you remember back a cpl of yrs back their was a kid in 1a> Colmesneil (I think) with some GAS that several Pro scouts shyed away from with the reason being he was in 1a school allthough he still went early and ended up strugling a yr or 2. You can take a star pitcher or hitter in 1a and most (not all) will be ave at best at a 4 or 5a school. Just my 2 cents.

It's evident 643 that 2cents is all you have to spend, because your knowledge of talent is very limited. I've been a scout for many years and I don't have any idea what player you're refering to. Anyone with any knowledge of the area talent knows that you are blowing smoke. Keep your head in your books and away from knocking your local area talent. Thank's

Oldschooler, my heads not in any books and havn't been. I was told this by 2 different scouts upon asking about him since he was from our area, I can't remember the kids name and not gonna spend the 10 min it would take to do the research. Not calling no names but one of the scouts I questioned was with SD and the field at Blinn is named after him, the other was the scout that signed my son. I ABSOLUTLEY don't see where I critized any boys trying to get to the next level. This is not just 2 cents worth its a whole 2 bits worth.

Sounds as though West Brook has their Cheerleaders all standing up and making statements about their team which is a good one I know; but I'm inclined to agree with strosfan, that sometimes as good, sometimes better ball players are found at smaller institutions as well. That's why scouts will make the rounds to all schools with named talent to check out all that may apply. Just hope that your coaching staff at your school does a good job with his or her reports.

Totally agree with oldschoolkat's post, this thread is such a "homer" topic.  Today, if you are good enough, 1A thru 5A the scouts are going to find you. 

My comment was NOT that there are no +players in small schools or that I was "knocking small schools" and I don't really know how you read that into my comment. My comment was based on what I was told by 2 MLB scout and both from diff clubs, that is in itself proof that the scouts do look in smaller schools. My comment was about the compitition level and a player making the transition from a small school to MLB as a early pick, I wasn't refering to college. Oldschooler you made the comment and somewhat called me out, refering to my lack of knowledge of talent, well I can say the stands are full of know it alls. You claim to be a "scout of many yrs" well, if you know how to get in the 'Scouting Bureau' notes you will find the concern of this transition of players entering Professional ball. As a parent of a 21 4A MVP, 4 yrs on a FULL college schollarship, 2 starts in the JUCO World Series, twice drafted by the Yankees and once by the Rangers and a Professional player>>my proof is in the pudding. I guess the reason we have never crossed pathes is you were busy scouting Homeschoolers. BTW sorry for any misspelled words as I didn't think they counted off. 

My comment was NOT that there are no +players in small schools or that I was "knocking small schools" and I don't really know how you read that into my comment. My comment was based on what I was told by 2 MLB scout and both from diff clubs, that is in itself proof that the scouts do look in smaller schools. My comment was about the compitition level and a player making the transition from a small school to MLB as a early pick, I wasn't refering to college. Oldschooler you made the comment and somewhat called me out, refering to my lack of knowledge of talent, well I can say the stands are full of know it alls. You claim to be a "scout of many yrs" well, if you know how to get in the 'Scouting Bureau' notes you will find the concern of this transition of players entering Professional ball. As a parent of a 21 4A MVP, 4 yrs on a FULL college schollarship, 2 starts in the JUCO World Series, twice drafted by the Yankees and once by the Rangers and a Professional player>>my proof is in the pudding. I guess the reason we have never crossed pathes is you were busy scouting Homeschoolers. BTW sorry for any misspelled words as I didn't think they counted off. 

Sorry 643 for getting your dander up; but I will just ditto my last post to you with emphasis on keeping your head in the books, talking about a subject thats not so foreign to you or above your head, see if you can't get a tutor to help you with your spelling and gramar and tell your son that I don't remember him either. The more you try to sound as though you are an authority, the less convincing you become to everyone. (Just trying to help you out); and by the way just who's "Scouting Bureau" are you referring.

Oldskoolcat, I reelly didn't know they counted offf for speling I guess it oldtimers dizeez. You asked me "whos scouting bureau" OMG this in itself speaks VOLUMES. Tell me tho, do you carry a portable mound in the back of your '97' Toyoto to check the 'homeskoolers' out, you know to see if they 'stay back and finish well' or 'thro easily with a loose arm', and how do you check hitters to see if they have 'the short stroke' or possibly swing with a 'long arm bar'. You chastized me for replying to a ? on a player in 1a v/s 4or5a, when I answered I wasn't speaking of a player going to colege nor being noticed, SIMPLY the competition level. Got a good tip for you tho, I hear theres kid in the instructional lg in Twin Co with all 5 tools and a plus arm. Mite fit in for who your scouting for, who was it again, the school of the future Caney Head U. Once again this response is from a 'has been' NOT a 'wanna be' or a 'never will be' >>OMG "whos scouting bureau"  now thats CLASSIC 

??? ??? ??? ???

I have read alot of opinons on who the best middle infielder is in SE Texas. And as usual the topic gets a little off beat with Bloggers getting feelings hurt and bashing each other on these forums.

So let's get back on track with the Post Heading......Best Infielder in SEX?

How about giving the stats of the infielders, stats are almost the only way to prove the best infielder anyway.

The best infielder last year might not be the best this year.

Give stats and then it will settle the argument.  :-*  ;D

Stats are not the best way to prove who the best is.

Stats are the way everyone tracks every player in every sport in America and beyond...ESPEN tracks stats..

you may have the best technique but if you are making to many eras and someone else whos technique may be alittle flawed has less eras and stats are better at the end of the year ...then at that time the lesser is the best.

The best has the best stats and thats all there is -- otherwise why keep up with stats.  :o

The hitting stats of a 5a player might not be as good as those of a 2a player simply b/c the pitching is much better in class 5a ball. The same goes for fielding as more slow rolling easy plays can be made on balls not hit as hard by less talented hitters. In the pros, stats aren't decieving, but in high school they can be.

Are your saying that kids in 2A ball pitchs slower the kids in 5A ball....I don't think so.

A ground ball hit to the middle infield is a ground ball hit to the middle in field. Even if he does pitch alittle slower a ground ball is still a ground ball.

I was chastized about my comment on 1A v/s 5A but agree, and stats, its the hitters friend that keeps them, therefore some batted balls that were errowed counts as hits. I have heard both parents and kids say "if it dont touch the fielders glove its a hit>>WRONG

The hitting stats of a 5a player might not be as good as those of a 2a player simply b/c the pitching is much better in class 5a ball. The same goes for fielding as more slow rolling easy plays can be made on balls not hit as hard by less talented hitters. In the pros, stats aren't decieving, but in high school they can be.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder